Situated in Temple Bar, the social and cultural heart of Dublin, Sound Training College (STC) provides a range of full and part-time Diploma and Certificate courses covering all aspects of Music Technology.
STC places a strong emphasis on the ‘hands on’ element on all of our music courses (full-time, part-time, day, evening & weekend).
We provide the developing music technology industry with highly trained personnel in the areas of Sound Engineering, Live Sound & Stage Production and Music Production.
STC courses and examinations have effectively set standards for the training within the industry, providing City & Guilds Diploma qualifications along with STC Sound Engineering & Music Technology Diploma programmes.
Our courses are delivered by a team of experienced industry professionals, all of whom are acknowledged experts in the music business.
In 1986, the Sound Training College was established to meet the needs of the burgeoning music industry in Ireland which followed the phenomenal worldwide success of bands such as U2.
Additional specialised areas of the course are taught by a panel of guest lecturers (past lecturers have included Elvis Costello, Tim Finn (ex Crowded House), Daniel Lanois (producer of the ‘The Joshua Tree’ by U2), Pete Holidai (producer) and Martin Clancy (Jack L Manager).
Full-Time Music Technology Diploma & Certificate Courses: - Sound Engineering and Music Technology
- Advanced Sound and Music Technology
- Certified Beginner and Intermediate Course (with Martin Clancy)
- Practical Electronics for Musicians
- Live Sound, Lighting and Stage Production
Part-Time Music Courses: - Sound and Music Technology
- Live Sound
- Electronic Production
- DJ and Production
Music Camps & Workshops: - Sound Engineering Summer Camp
- Introduction to Recording Weekend
• Calling students from Ireland and internationally! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy is a leading international design school in Spain, state-recognised by the Ministry of Education.
• Our students can choose between 3-year academic studies, a 3-month foundation course, and short intensive summer courses in a range of creative arts and design subjects, taught entirely in English.
• We offer 3-year Bachelor of Arts - BA (Hons) degree programmes in Interior Architecture, Graphic Design & Fashion Design, awarded by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (These BA degree titles are state-recognised in the UK).
• Students can avail of Free Spanish classes during the academic year.
• Our school is located in a stunning purpose-built facility in Monda, only 15km from Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain.
• The building has been approved by the Ministry of Education as living up to all the latest demands and facilities required for a modern design school.
• Graduates have a near 100% employment rate. Many companies contact our college with job offers for our students.
"Marbella Design Academy is more than a place of education, it is an all-round experience." - Graphic Design Student, Lana from Spain / UK
The International School Of Make Up Artistry is located in Galway City. We offer make up artist training classes and ITEC-accredited make up diploma courses and have a high success rate of students achieving mainly credits and distinctions in all nationally and internationally recognised examinations. We offer evening and weekend classes.
95% of our past pupils are very successful in the work force worldwide. They are working within different areas of the industry, such as theatre, film, T.V., catwalk and photography. We also have past pupils working for top cosmetic companies such as “Mac” and “Lancôme” and others running successful business of their own.
4.London Art Portfolio - Courses in UK & ONLINE Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London & ONLINE in all areas of fine art and design to students from Ireland & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• Small class sizes with personal, tailored service year-round.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
The Art Hand is a new art school on the Waterford coast in south-east Ireland that runs intensive and challenging art courses taught by professional artists and tutors in painting, photography, stained glass, mosaic and more. The Art Hand is located in a spectacular rural landscape on the cliffs near Bunmahon in an area of great natural beauty called the Copper Coast.
The Art Hand is a place to make art and to be inspired by the land, sea and sky. Classes are small, the workshop and studio space is well equiped, warm and bright. The courses are aimed at Irish as well as overseas participants who want to develop their art or who simply want a creative holiday. Accommodation and food can be provided.
Waterford is well connected by rail, bus, road, air and sea. It is approximately 100km from Cork City and 135km from Dublin. Waterford Airport offers flight to and from destinations within Ireland and the UK.
Burren College of Art is an internationally recognised not-for-profit independent college specialising in undergraduate and graduate fine art education. We offer artists and art students from around the world time, space and inspiration within the unique environment of the Burren. The Master of Fine Art programme is accredited by the National University of Ireland, Galway and is operated in association with the Royal College of Art, London and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Our undergraduate Study Abroad programmes, Summer School and Artist Residency Scheme also recruit internationally. The College is located on the west coast of Ireland, a 4 hour drive from Dublin by car, 1 hour from Galway and approximately 1.5 hours to Limerick.
Master of Fine Art, Higher Diploma in Fine Art, Study Abroad programs for individuals and groups (courses include Drawing, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Time Arts Studio, Art in Context, Mixed Media, Irish Studies, Creative Writing, Art History), Artist Residencies and short summer courses.
The National College of Art and Design in Dublin, Ireland occupies a unique position in art and design education in Ireland. It offers the largest range of art and design degrees in the State at undergraduate and postgraduate level. In the past many of the most important Irish artists, designers and art teachers have studied or taught in the College. It has long been the central and most important art and design educational institution in Ireland. The College's campus is situated in Thomas Street, in the historic Liberties area of Dublin and has over seven hundred and fifty full-time students and a further eight hundred students who are taking non-award evening classes.
Dublin Institute of Design, in central Dublin, Ireland, is a leader in the field of design offering a range of certificate & diploma courses in Interior Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD software training), Visual Merchandising & Window Dressing and Personal Image & Styling. Our courses will suit a range of people including those with design experience looking to add to their skills, through to Leaving Certificate students looking to pursue professional level qualifications.
Most of our courses are offered as both day and evening courses to accommodate today’s busy lifestyles. We also offer a comprehensive and flexible online certificate in Interior Design, allowing students to study at their own pace, in their own time and at a location that suits their lifestyle.
Big Moon Cottage Meditation Centre offers residential and non-residential meditation courses and retreats in Skibbereen, West Cork in the South of Ireland. Skibbereen is approximately 4 hours drive from Dublin and 1.5 hours drive from Cork City. Courses are held at the weekend and mid-week. Individuals and groups are welcome. We cater for a maximum of 6 people for residential courses and 10 people for the non-residential courses.
The purpose of our Foundation in Meditation courses is to teach you about the background and practice of meditation in a clear, enjoyable and practical way. As a result you will be able to meditate effectively and correctly on your own by the end of the course. Your teacher Susan O'Brien has many years' experience and will guide your progress in small groups and in a very supportive and friendly environment.
In the winter season, we offer one-week residential Foundation in Meditation courses which are held in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands off the northwest coast of Africa. This is a quiet and relaxing alternative one-week holiday sharing a beautiful villa with like-minded people. This holiday is available to meditators and non-meditators alike.
The Gaiety School of Acting - The National Theatre School of Ireland is Ireland's premier training facility for actors located in Temple Bar in Dublin city centre. Set up by Joe Dowling in 1986 due to the lack of availability of actor training in Ireland at the time, the school has since gone from strength to strength and now runs a wide range of courses for all ages.
As well as it's two year, full time intensive actor training course, The GSA also runs year long part time actor training courses, short term part time courses for adults, courses for kids and teenagers and also a programme of courses for international students.
- Full Time Actor Training
- One Year Part Time Actor Training
- Adult Introduction to Drama
- Adult Page to Stage
- Adult Acting for Camera
- Stage Combat
- Musical Theatre
- Dramatic Writing
- Young Gaiety: 4-16 yrs
- Youth Theatre: 16-19 yrs
- Make a Movie
- Summer Camps
- Educate Schools Drama Programme
- Irish Theatre Summer School
- Irish Theatre January Term
- Original Theatre Project