Situated in Temple Bar, the social and cultural heart of Dublin, Sound Training College (STC) provides a range of full and part-time Diploma and Certificate courses covering all aspects of Music Technology.
STC places a strong emphasis on the ‘hands on’ element on all of our music courses (full-time, part-time, day, evening & weekend).
We provide the developing music technology industry with highly trained personnel in the areas of Sound Engineering, Live Sound & Stage Production and Music Production.
STC courses and examinations have effectively set standards for the training within the industry, providing City & Guilds Diploma qualifications along with STC Sound Engineering & Music Technology Diploma programmes.
Our courses are delivered by a team of experienced industry professionals, all of whom are acknowledged experts in the music business.
In 1986, the Sound Training College was established to meet the needs of the burgeoning music industry in Ireland which followed the phenomenal worldwide success of bands such as U2.
Additional specialised areas of the course are taught by a panel of guest lecturers (past lecturers have included Elvis Costello, Tim Finn (ex Crowded House), Daniel Lanois (producer of the ‘The Joshua Tree’ by U2), Pete Holidai (producer) and Martin Clancy (Jack L Manager).
Full-Time Music Technology Diploma & Certificate Courses: - Sound Engineering and Music Technology
- Advanced Sound and Music Technology
- Certified Beginner and Intermediate Course (with Martin Clancy)
- Practical Electronics for Musicians
- Live Sound, Lighting and Stage Production
Part-Time Music Courses: - Sound and Music Technology
- Live Sound
- Electronic Production
- DJ and Production
Music Camps & Workshops: - Sound Engineering Summer Camp
- Introduction to Recording Weekend
• Calling students from Ireland and internationally! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy is a leading international design school in Spain, state-recognised by the Ministry of Education.
• Our students can choose between 3-year academic studies, a 3-month foundation course, and short intensive summer courses in a range of creative arts and design subjects, taught entirely in English.
• We offer 3-year Bachelor of Arts - BA (Hons) degree programmes in Interior Architecture, Graphic Design & Fashion Design, awarded by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (These BA degree titles are state-recognised in the UK).
• Students can avail of Free Spanish classes during the academic year.
• Our school is located in a stunning purpose-built facility in Monda, only 15km from Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain.
• The building has been approved by the Ministry of Education as living up to all the latest demands and facilities required for a modern design school.
• Graduates have a near 100% employment rate. Many companies contact our college with job offers for our students.
"Marbella Design Academy is more than a place of education, it is an all-round experience." - Graphic Design Student, Lana from Spain / UK
The International School Of Make Up Artistry is located in Galway City. We offer make up artist training classes and ITEC-accredited make up diploma courses and have a high success rate of students achieving mainly credits and distinctions in all nationally and internationally recognised examinations. We offer evening and weekend classes.
95% of our past pupils are very successful in the work force worldwide. They are working within different areas of the industry, such as theatre, film, T.V., catwalk and photography. We also have past pupils working for top cosmetic companies such as “Mac” and “Lancôme” and others running successful business of their own.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Ireland & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Dublin Institute of Design, in central Dublin, Ireland, is a leader in the field of design offering a range of certificate & diploma courses in Interior Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD software training), Visual Merchandising & Window Dressing and Personal Image & Styling. Our courses will suit a range of people including those with design experience looking to add to their skills, through to Leaving Certificate students looking to pursue professional level qualifications.
Most of our courses are offered as both day and evening courses to accommodate today’s busy lifestyles. We also offer a comprehensive and flexible online certificate in Interior Design, allowing students to study at their own pace, in their own time and at a location that suits their lifestyle.
The Baking Academy of Ireland in Dublin offers hands-on courses in bread and cake baking, chocolate making and sugar craft cake decoration. Our courses are for everybody, the novice and the dedicated amateur. All we require is that you have a desire to learn the art of making real bread, cakes, pastry, chocolates and sugar craft decoration. The most important aspect of our courses is that you learn by doing – you will have fun and you get to bring your creations home. Our baking courses are not only rewarding but are enjoyable and great fun.
We are located in Palmerstown Village, Dublin 20, and at Rosse Court, Balgaddy, West Dublin. Both venues are located close to the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. When you take a course in the Baking Academy you enter a unique space dedicated to the world of baking. We are not cooks or chefs – we are professional and dedicated bakers, confectioners, pastry and sugar craft specialists.
Kerry Fiddles located in Kerry, south west of Ireland offer traditional Irish Fiddle lessons for complete beginner and intermediate adults. Even if you have never played any musical instrument before, by the end of the week you’ll be playing your first tune on the fiddle!
Morning classes are a hoot, there’s no music theory, no pressure and no rush. Afternoons are free to explore the most beautiful part of Ireland. For Intermediates, it’s a chance to devote a week to your music, to getting new tunes, improving technique and learning how to teach yourself.
Art in Galway provides quality art classes to adults, teenagers and children of all levels of expertise - from beginner to advanced. Based in the Four Winds Studio in Murrough, Galway, we offer a range of art courses, including oil painting, drawing and sculpture classes for adults, portfolio courses, art grinds for secondary school students and summer art camps for kids.
Art in Galway is a one-stop shop for your creative needs. Whether you have always wondered what it would be like to paint or draw, or you have been practicing for years and would benefit from a fresh eye or group support, this is the place for you. Art in Galway is run by Bernadine Burke. With a wealth of experience in many art media and means of expression, Bernadine will help you develop skills and nurture your creativity in a happy and positive environment.
- Group art classes for adults (oil painting, drawing & sculpture sessions available)
- One to one art classes for adults
- Art grinds for secondary school students
- Portfolio preparation courses
- Group art classes for kids
- Summer art camps
- Arty Parties
Burren College of Art is an internationally recognised not-for-profit independent college specialising in undergraduate and graduate fine art education. We offer artists and art students from around the world time, space and inspiration within the unique environment of the Burren. The Master of Fine Art programme is accredited by the National University of Ireland, Galway and is operated in association with the Royal College of Art, London and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Our undergraduate Study Abroad programmes, Summer School and Artist Residency Scheme also recruit internationally. The College is located on the west coast of Ireland, a 4 hour drive from Dublin by car, 1 hour from Galway and approximately 1.5 hours to Limerick.
Master of Fine Art, Higher Diploma in Fine Art, Study Abroad programs for individuals and groups (courses include Drawing, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Time Arts Studio, Art in Context, Mixed Media, Irish Studies, Creative Writing, Art History), Artist Residencies and short summer courses.
10.Digital Media and Arts Research Centre, The University of Limerick
Courses / Programs
The Digital Media and Arts Research Centre is an internationally-recognised leader in advanced music technology education and research and is part of The University of Limerick, Ireland. The Music Technology course hosts a high spec studio facility, with a surround sound post production suite, a recording studio with live room and a composition suite.
Top of the range Pro Tools systems, a host of high quality outboard effects, numerous top end microphones and a grand piano give students access to the some highest level equipment available. In addition, Apple imac computers fill a lab where students use industry standard programmes like Logic Pro and Digital Performer as well as more esoteric programmes like Max/msp, Csound, Audiosculpt and OpenMusic.
Graduates are leading careers in a diverse range of areas, including broadcasting, recording, post-production, commercial research (industry), academic research (PhD), composition (computer music, games, film, video), performance, software industry (internet web design and programming, software engineering, audio and music engineering), and education.