Situated in Temple Bar, the social and cultural heart of Dublin, Sound Training College (STC) provides a range of full and part-time Diploma and Certificate courses covering all aspects of Music Technology.
STC places a strong emphasis on the ‘hands on’ element on all of our music courses (full-time, part-time, day, evening & weekend).
We provide the developing music technology industry with highly trained personnel in the areas of Sound Engineering, Live Sound & Stage Production and Music Production.
STC courses and examinations have effectively set standards for the training within the industry, providing City & Guilds Diploma qualifications along with STC Sound Engineering & Music Technology Diploma programmes.
Our courses are delivered by a team of experienced industry professionals, all of whom are acknowledged experts in the music business.
In 1986, the Sound Training College was established to meet the needs of the burgeoning music industry in Ireland which followed the phenomenal worldwide success of bands such as U2.
Additional specialised areas of the course are taught by a panel of guest lecturers (past lecturers have included Elvis Costello, Tim Finn (ex Crowded House), Daniel Lanois (producer of the ‘The Joshua Tree’ by U2), Pete Holidai (producer) and Martin Clancy (Jack L Manager).
Full-Time Music Technology Diploma & Certificate Courses: - Sound Engineering and Music Technology
- Advanced Sound and Music Technology
- Certified Beginner and Intermediate Course (with Martin Clancy)
- Practical Electronics for Musicians
- Live Sound, Lighting and Stage Production
Part-Time Music Courses: - Sound and Music Technology
- Live Sound
- Electronic Production
- DJ and Production
Music Camps & Workshops: - Sound Engineering Summer Camp
- Introduction to Recording Weekend
• Calling students from Ireland and internationally! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy is a leading international design school in Spain, state-recognised by the Ministry of Education.
• Our students can choose between 3-year academic studies, a 3-month foundation course, and short intensive summer courses in a range of creative arts and design subjects, taught entirely in English.
• We offer 3-year Bachelor of Arts - BA (Hons) degree programmes in Interior Architecture, Graphic Design & Fashion Design, awarded by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (These BA degree titles are state-recognised in the UK).
• Students can avail of Free Spanish classes during the academic year.
• Our school is located in a stunning purpose-built facility in Monda, only 15km from Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain.
• The building has been approved by the Ministry of Education as living up to all the latest demands and facilities required for a modern design school.
• Graduates have a near 100% employment rate. Many companies contact our college with job offers for our students.
"Marbella Design Academy is more than a place of education, it is an all-round experience." - Graphic Design Student, Lana from Spain / UK
The International School Of Make Up Artistry is located in Galway City. We offer make up artist training classes and ITEC-accredited make up diploma courses and have a high success rate of students achieving mainly credits and distinctions in all nationally and internationally recognised examinations. We offer evening and weekend classes.
95% of our past pupils are very successful in the work force worldwide. They are working within different areas of the industry, such as theatre, film, T.V., catwalk and photography. We also have past pupils working for top cosmetic companies such as “Mac” and “Lancôme” and others running successful business of their own.
4.London Art Portfolio - Courses in UK & ONLINE Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London & ONLINE in all areas of fine art and design to students from Ireland & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• Small class sizes with personal, tailored service year-round.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Conveniently located on South William Street in Dublin's city centre, Cooks Academy is a world class cookery school and Dublin's premier cookery institute boasting an 80 seater demonstration theatre and hands-on facilities for up to 72 students. We offer a wide range of cookery courses including 1-week courses, a 1-month certificate course and much more. Founded in May 2005 by Vanessa and Tim Greenwood, the unique mix of elegant and purposely fitted out premises, together with a relaxed, fun and educational environment has ensured the school's success and excellent reputation to date.
At Cooks Academy, we are very lucky to have such a superb team of professional, highly qualified cooks and chefs who together ensure so many different aspects of cookery are taught, as well as instilling confidence and enthusiasm in students.
Cooks Academy is proud to work with preferred suppliers in the areas of kitchen fit out, appliances and cooking equipment. We have based the decisions on who we work with on the basis of high quality and durability and these include some of the world's top brands whom we recommend for your kitchen. Cooks Academy provides all ingredients and equipment for courses.
6.The Kitchen in the Castle Cookery School, Dublin
Courses / Programs
The Kitchen in the Castle is Dublin’s most unique cookery school. Our culinary school is based in the beautifully restored Georgian kitchens in historic Howth Castle, Co. Dublin and is open to the public for a wide range of cooking courses and classes on topics ranging from Vegetarian cooking, Chinese cooking, Indian cooking, Mediterranean cooking, Spanish cooking, Fusion cooking and Thai cooking to Bread Making, Perfect Dinner Parties and Fun Girls’ Night Out cookery courses.
We offer morning or evening cooking classes, one-day cooking courses and longer cookery courses that last up to 3 - 6 weeks. We can also organise group courses and cooking demonstrations for larger groups.
The Kitchen in the Castle Cookery School’s team of friendly, supportive and experienced cookery tutors are passionate about giving you the knowledge, showing you the techniques and instilling you with the confidence to cook delicious food, for yourself, your family or your friends. Our aim is to reconnect you with food. We want to nurture your creativity, give you a good grounding in the basics and the confidence to cook delicious food, at any time.
- From Thailand to India - Food from Asia
- Flavours of Andalucia
- Vegetarian Indian Cookery
- Girls Night Out 2010 Cookery Course
- A Taste of Bordeaux
- A Chinese Feast
- Feast from the Sea
- A Spanish Dinner Party
- Inexpensive Meals in a Minute
- Creative Cooking for Confident Cooks
- Beginners Cookery Course (4 Classes)
- Essential Sauces
- One Pot Dishes and Hearty Soups
- Pasta and Sauces Demonstration
- Cooking for the Family
Burren College of Art is an internationally recognised not-for-profit independent college specialising in undergraduate and graduate fine art education. We offer artists and art students from around the world time, space and inspiration within the unique environment of the Burren. The Master of Fine Art programme is accredited by the National University of Ireland, Galway and is operated in association with the Royal College of Art, London and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Our undergraduate Study Abroad programmes, Summer School and Artist Residency Scheme also recruit internationally. The College is located on the west coast of Ireland, a 4 hour drive from Dublin by car, 1 hour from Galway and approximately 1.5 hours to Limerick.
Master of Fine Art, Higher Diploma in Fine Art, Study Abroad programs for individuals and groups (courses include Drawing, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Time Arts Studio, Art in Context, Mixed Media, Irish Studies, Creative Writing, Art History), Artist Residencies and short summer courses.
Fiddlers Retreat, in Tipperary (90 minutes from Dublin), Ireland, is the only traditional Irish Music and Culture school of its kind in Ireland. At Fiddlers Retreat we offer a unique insight into Irelands Music and Culture, where you can enjoy music tuition, afternoon sightseeing tours, night-time Traditional Irish music sessions, sporting events, Irish language and cookery workshops. Homestay accommodation is available with meals. Both adults and students are catered for.
Fiddlers Retreat is located in Co. Tipperary, approx. 1 hour 30 minutes from Dublin. Open throughout the year, limited places available, early booking is advised.
The Connacht College of Design is an interior design school that specialises in the Diploma in Professional Interior Design which is offered in various venues throughout Ireland. It is the only course that we offer, so we can concentrate on keeping it fresh and up to date each year.
We are a "school that comes to our students". Avail of Higher Education in Interior Design in your area. We offer upcoming classes in Galway, Castlebar, Sligo, Drogheda and Dundalk. We simply locate a large, safe hotel with excellent conference facilities, and rent this for the school year.
The Diploma in Professional Interior Design course is a combination of lecture, hands-on practical work, and optional field trips. This is a 23 session course consisting of one night per week for 13 weeks in-class lecture/workshop, 6 special design projects to build a portfolio and 4 optional field trips to interior design-oriented venues. Class hours are from 7:30 PM to approximately 10:30 PM. (Some classes will go longer, some are shorter.)
We offer our Diploma in Professional Interior Design course from September to March every year in venues throughout Ireland. Our curriculum covers not only the study and practice of interior design to a professional level, but how to promote and market yourself as an interior designer in a real-world environment.
LA Make-Up Academy, with studios in Dublin, Ireland and Burbank, Los Angeles, is a dedicated make-up & fashion training institute offering world class programs spanning make-up, special effects, fashion studies, and styling. All courses at the academy are LA Make-Up Certified. We also offer courses that are accredited by Internationally recognized FETAC & ITEC. LA Make-Up is also a MAC approved school.
Our students are given first class training taught by a host of national and international celebrity make-up artists ensuring 100% satisfaction from each course. LA Make-Up Academy uses only top brand make-up for example MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Cinema Secrets, Shu Uemura, Chanel, Lancome, and Nars and for special effect & airbrushing, Charles Fox, Screenface, Temptu, European Body Art, Kryolan, Tim Gratton, & Ben Nye. Our reputation in Dublin and Los Angeles is one of total excellence in the field of make-up training, surpassing every other training college.
- Make-up Artist Training Courses
- Ultimate Photoshoot Experience
- Hair Styling Modules
- Start your own business course
- Special Effects Diploma
- Body Painting
- Los Angeles, New York, London Fashion week Make-Up course
& More Brand New Short-Term Courses ...