Big Moon Cottage Meditation Centre, West Cork:
Big Moon Cottage Meditation Centre offers residential and non-residential meditation courses and retreats in Skibbereen, West Cork in the South of Ireland. Skibbereen is approximately four hours drive from Dublin and 1.5 hours drive from Cork City. Courses are held at the weekend and mid-week. Individuals and groups are welcome. We cater for a maximum of 6 people for residential courses and a maximum of 10 people for the non-residential courses.
- Residential or non-residential Foundation in Meditation courses. Open to individuals and groups at weekends or mid-week.
To many thousands of people meditation is providing a way of dissolving accumulated stress and bringing relief from many stress-related conditions. With this can come a new appreciation of and zest for life. Meditation is a very ancient practice that is simple to do and is totally in your own control. This course is taught in a practical, straightforward and gentle way using the 'mantra' technique of meditation.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation for adults only at Big Moon Cottage. B& B open to all meditators and others who are just seeking quiet time.
Corporate Training – Meditation in the Workplace:
Big Moon Cottage is the perfect place for a Corporate Group to learn to de-stress and build team harmony. Susan has a business background and will provide you with a very interesting package to meet your needs.
I can also travel to your company's premises to teach meditation, this highly effective stress management technique, to your group. Reducing the stress levels of your employees has powerful implications for their wellbeing and the atmosphere of the workplace. There are also huge potential cost-saving benefits as people become happier, less stressed and far more creative.
In the winter season, we offer one-week residential Foundation in Meditation courses which are held in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands off the northwest coast of Africa. This is a quiet and relaxing alternative one-week holiday sharing a beautiful and tranquil luxury villa with like-minded people. This holiday is available to meditators and non-meditators alike.
This Boutique Meditation Retreat Includes:
- Foundation in Meditation course
- Own room in large, sumptuous 4 bedroomed detached villa. No single supplement
- Heated pool, a courtyard haven, large garden and three terraces
- Internet access
- 10 Minute walk to lovely traditional village with deli, restaurants, supermarket, bars, pizzeria and patisserie
- 15 Minutes by bus or car to Corralejo
- 30 minutes from airport
- Fabulous beaches and beautiful lagoon nearby - 15 mins. by bus or car
- Wonderful holiday with like-minded people - leave all your cares behind
EARLY BOOKING before end October € 695 per person (€ 750 for later bookings) for 1 week
- 1970 - Transcendental Meditation Course, Dublin, followed by numerous TM meditator weekends to further knowledge and experience of meditation.
- 1982 - New York, attended extensive meditation lectures and meditation sessions with Laurence Freeman O.S.B. (Order of Saint Benedict)
- 1996 to the present time - meditation teacher in private practice and also taught evening courses in meditation at local VEC (State run) schools in Dublin.
- I am a practicing meditator of many years experience. I take the teaching of meditation very seriously and am very concerned that those who attend this course learn to meditate properly and learn to understand how it works.
- No affiliation with any particular religious group or philosophy but have the height of respect for each person's beliefs (or non beliefs).
- I teach in a practical, no-nonsense way but with respect for the spiritual dimension of meditation and how it can lead us to a deeper relationship with our inner self so that we can tap into that well of Peace that is deep within all of us.
- Throughout the course I make references to how far meditation has brought me in my life and people who have taken my course have found this helpful.
1. To teach meditation clearly and honestly and give people all the correct information and support they require to practise correctly, thus allowing them to gain the most benefit from the course.
2. To never try to steer people towards any religion or ideology and to never interfere with theirs.
4. To further my own development in meditation and to form contacts with other teachers.
5. To further the spread of meditation as a viable means whereby people can de-stress themselves in a simple but highly effective way.
6. To treat every person who comes to me to learn to meditate the way I would wish to be treated myself and to hold as sacrosanct the anonymity of each of my clients.
7. To never make any wild claims regarding meditation but speak the truth regarding its effectiveness.
8. To share my own experience of meditation and what it has done for me in the hope that it will encourage others to bring the practice of meditation into their lives so that they may enjoy its benefits.
9. To recognise the spiritual aspect of meditation without in any way interfering with the beliefs of others.
Here at Big Moon Cottage you can relax and unwind in a beautifully restored country cottage located in the heart of unspoilt coastal West Cork, Ireland. We hope you will enjoy and fondly remember your visit here. Feast on the breathtaking scenery, beautiful walks and home from home comfort, and our delicious healthy food.
Big Moon Cottage is a 4 bedroom traditional Irish long cottage with 3 reception rooms including a very nice sunroom. All rooms in the house are tastefully decorated with the the emphasis on creating an atmosphere where guests can feel at home and relaxed during their stay with us.
Big Moon Cottage Meditation Centre is a 4 hour drive from Dublin or a 1 hour and 20 minute drive west of Cork city. It is a short 8 min drive from the house to the lively market town of Skibbereen in the heart of West Cork. The cottage is a 20 min walk to the highly scenic area of Tow Head where there are cliffs, coves, small sandy beaches and wonderful walks abounding. A 15 min drive brings you to the spectacular Lough Hyne where you can indulge in many water activities or enjoy it's breathtaking views from atop the adjacent wooded hills.
There are excellent restaurants close by and many warm musical evenings awaiting you. This area of West Cork is so rich in natural beauty and all the towns and villages dotted around have a warm and friendly atmosphere, it is traditional Ireland at it's very best. Here you will have an authentic experience of Irish life.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Gortbrack, Castletownshend, West Cork, Co. Cork, Cork, Ireland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.