Stover School, South Devon:
Stover is a leading private boarding school in Stover, South-West England for girls and boys ages 7-18 years, with day programmes for 3-18 year olds. Our beautiful surroundings provide multiple opportunities for imagination, enquiry, exercise, competition and fun. Stover has a happy boarding community in which boarders can enjoy life in a relaxed, shared environment. Each House has a Common Room in which the girls can relax together in safe, comfortable surroundings.
- Outstanding boarding facilities in beautiful surroundings
- Learn Confidence, Leadership and Responsibility
- Excellent teaching
- An exciting range of dynamic subjects
- A customised, academic programme tailored to meet your needs
- Supportive and caring staff
- Individual guidance for your application to university, gap year or employment
- A wide range of non-academic courses to enhance your experience
- Life long friendships
Co-Educational Day & Boarding Programmes for students ages 3-18:
- Boarding Programmes (Ages 7-18)
- Day Programmes (Ages 3-18)
- Preparatory School
- Senior School
- Sixth Form
- GCSE Examinations
Key subjects include:
- Foreign languages
- Home economics
- Stover School is at present recruiting pupils between twelve and seventeen years old. Students would live in Stover's boarding quarters with some days spent with British families in order to be completely immersed in the English language and culture.
- We aim to help our international students develop their knowledge of English and their ability to use the English language, while simultaneously making a direct contribution to the students' general educational development.
- Learners are taught in small groups and we offer appropriate examinations, all of which are internationally recognised, such as the Preliminary English Test and the First Certificate. Older pupils can take the IELTS test which can qualify them to study at University or to work in an English speaking environment. Opportunities are also offered to visit places of interest which are both enjoyable and fun. All overseas boarders must have a guardian over the age of 25 living in the UK.
- Stover has a happy boarding community in which boarders can enjoy life in a relaxed, shared environment. Boarders live in Mansion House or Park House. Younger pupils live in dormitories where they develop friendships that can last a lifetime. Single or double study bedrooms are available for our Sixth Formers. Each House has a Common Room in which the girls can relax together in comfortable surroundings.
- Senior boarders are given the opportunity to develop their leadership skills by participating in and organising activities for the Junior boarders. They help to supervise ‘prep' and listen to the younger members of the boarding community reading. Boarding prefects represent the boarders at School Council and liaise with the Housemistress to ensure the smooth running of the House.
- In Mansion House, refreshments are available in the Internet Café and there is also a tuck shop for snacks and sundries. In Park House there is a fully equipped kitchen. The homely atmosphere is further enhanced by the aroma of cakes baking in the girls' kitchen.
- When the lighter evenings are with us, pupils can take advantage of the wonderful grounds for sport and recreation. Each boarding house is staffed by a Housemistress, an Assistant and an Assistant Tutor who all contribute towards offering a wide variety of fun activities.
Flexible boarding is available to all our day girls either regularly, for one or two nights per week or as a one off sleep-over, or perhaps more if parents are away.
Boys are placed with local English host families, ensuring that our pupils have someone close at hand to care for them.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Stover, Newton Abbot, Devon, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.