Register Here to Apply for Jobs or Post Jobs. X

Information on Working in Germany for Polish Citizens

Polish citizens working in Germany:
- Germany needs workers for the areas of IT, manufacturing, engineering, technology, logistics, mathematics, science and healthcare. Germany is looking for qualified workers from other EU countries for these jobs.

- As an EU citizen, you do not need a work permit to work in Germany.

Your qualifications and education certificates (academic and vocational) will be accepted. 

Germany is
- One of the most secure workplaces in Europe.
- One of the world leaders in innovation. 

Unrestricted Movement in the EU for Employment:
As a Polish citizen, you can work in Germany without a work permit or visa. You also no longer need a residence permit to live in Germany. 

Important: However, you must still register and confirm your address at the immigration department of the local registration office „Einwohnermeldeamt“. You must do this in your first week in Germany. 

Good News for EU workers  – No Need for Residence Permit for EU citizens as of 2013:
Because of a new EU law in 2013, you do not need a a residence permit called a „Aufentshaltserlaubnis“ or „Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung“ to work in Germany or another country in the EU. 

So now you have much less paperwork when moving to Germany. Your German employer must have a copy of the following documents, in case he is asked any questions by the local authorities:

-     Copy of your passport
-     1 current biometic passport photo
-     Confirmation of Employment Letter (The authorities want to see this as assurance that you can pay for your living costs.)
-     Education and Training Certificates

What you have to do – Registering on Arrival in Germany:
Go to the „Ausländeramt“ (Immigration Registration Office) at the „Einwohnermeldeamt“ (Local Registration Office) and tell them that you are living at your new address. You will have to take a ticket and wait. 

Please check the address and building name of this office in your town or city in Germany. Your German employer can help you here.

Things you need to know about Tax, Health Insurance and Pension in Germany:

1) Tax Income Card - „Lohnsteuerkarte“:  To work in Germany you need a Tax Income Card „Lohnsteuerkarte“. 
Your German employer will tell you what to do to get your Tax Income Card - „Lohnsteuerkarte“
Go to the „Ausländeramt“ (Immigration Registration Office), show them the documents your German employer gave you and you will get your tax income card. 
In Germany, income tax is paid every month and taken out of your monthly pay. 

2) Health Insurance – „Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung“: In Germany, everyone working must have health insurance. 
It is linked to your pay. 
The rate is 14,9% of your monthly pay. This is taken from your pay and put into your health insurance scheme. 
Your employer pays half and you pay the other half. 
Public health insurance companies cost less than private insurance companies. 
You can choose which health insurance company you would like to join. 

3) Statutory Pension Scheme - „Gesetzliche Rentenversicherung“:
Every worker must pay into the National Pension Scheme. 
This is 19,9% of your pay. 
Your company pays half the amount and you pay the other half. 
It is subtracted from your monthly pay. 

Germany as a Place of Work for Polish:
- There are up to 2 Million Polish people living in Germany.
Polish culture and art is a part of German life and is very popular.
German companies welcome Polish workers. Germans see their Polish co-workers as modern, educated and friendlly. 
Poland is beside Germany so travelling back to Poland for holidays is easy.

Register Here to apply for jobs in Germany, across the EU and worldwide.

LOGIN Area - Jobsite

Resume Search