Substitute Teacher Jobs by Location
Search by Region: Asia & the Middle East
1 week ago
Secondary Subject Teacher
Chachoengsao - Thailand
Dear Applicants: - After a long government licensing delay we are finally prepared to open and start offering the most engaging, superior...
Skills Needed: Skills we would like to see from our staff membersView this Job
Teacher Soft Skills
1. Good communication skills:
a. Positive Body language - students are good at reading a teacher by observing facial expressions, rolling of the eyes, hands on hips, and many other gestures that show feelings.
b. Speech and voice tone - correct grammar and appropriate tone are essential.
c. How things are said over emails/text/whiteboard/displays/newsletters
d. Warm smiles are contagious and show kind hearts.
e. Encouraging and positive words.
2. An obvious enthusiasm and passion for teaching.
3. A good sense of humor and be able to laugh with students.
4. Time to listen to students.
5. Respect for students and other teachers.
1. Create and edit digital audio
2. Use Social bookmarking to share resources with and between learners
3. Use blogs and wikis to create online platforms for students
4. Exploit digital images for classroom use
5. Use video content to engage students
6. Use infographics to visually stimulate students
7. Use Social networking sites to connect with colleagues and grow professionally
8. Create and deliver asynchronous presentations and training sessions
9. Compile a digital e-portfolio for their own development
10. be able to detect plagiarized works in students’ assignments
11. Create screen capture videos and tutorials
12. Curate web content for classroom learning
13. Use and provide students with task management tools to organize their work and plan their learning
14. Use polling software to create a real-time survey in class
15. Understand issues related to copyright and fair use of online materials
16. Use digital assessment tools to create quizzes
17. Find and evaluate authentic web based content
18. Use digital tools for time management purposes
19. Use note taking tools to share interesting content with your students
20. Use of online sticky notes to capture interesting ideas
General Qualities of a good teacher
1. Adaptability and Resourcefulness
2. Clear Lesson Objectives
3. Comprehensive Knowledge of Curriculum and Standards
4. Knowledge of Subject Matter
5. Passion for Children and Teaching
6. Strong Rapport with Students
8. Effective Discipline and Group Management Skills
9. Communication with Parents and Students
10. Team Player
11. High Expectations
12. Continuous Learner-Teaching students to learn
15. Organization Skills
17. Ability to Manage Online Reputation
18. Ability to Engage
19. Understanding of Technology
20. Know When to Unplug
21. Ability to Empower
Secondary Subject Teacher JobPosted by Rajini Foundation School
4 weeks ago
Substitute Teacher/s & Sub Paraprofessionals
Torrington - Connecticut - USA
Position: Substitute Teachers & Sub Paraprofessionals - Experience what it’s like to make a difference in the lives of students. Kelly...View this Job
Substitute Teacher/s & Sub Paraprofessionals JobPosted by Kelly Services
over 3 months ago
Camden - New Jersey - USA
Position: Infant/Toddler Teacher (Bilingual Preferred) - Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education and making a difference in the...
Skills Needed: Infant/Toddler CDA –OR- AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 120 training hours (9 college credits) in Infant/Toddler content plus experience working with infants and toddlers-OR- High School Diploma and ability/willingness to obtain Infant/Toddler CDA (TRAINING PROVIDED)View this Job
Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
Pass all background checks and clearances
Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
Infant/Toddler Teacher/Bilingual JobPosted by Acelero Learning
over 3 months ago
District of Columbia - USA
Child Care/Nannying, Teaching
Position: SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - Substitutes Wanted (DMV) - Teach One 2 Teach Staffing, is in search of on - call qualified substitute...View this Job
SUBSTITUTE Teacher JobPosted by Teachone2Teach Staffing
over 3 months ago
Substitute Preschool Teacher
Culver City - California - USA
Position: On - Call Substitute Preschool Teacher - JOB SUMMARY: - The Early Childhood Education Substitute Teacher shall assist the...
Skills Needed: Preferred A.A. in early childhood education or related field (12 units of course work in Early Childhood Education) with prior experience with infant/toddler and preschool age children; or High School Diploma with prior experience with infant/toddler and preschool age children in a licensed childcare center, or a substitute certificateView this Job
Required at least 6 ECE units
Pediatric CPR & First Aid certification required
Early Child Development knowledge and experience
Dependable character and personal qualities as verified through interviews and reference checks, including law enforcement authorities
Requires strenuous activity at times
Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition
Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities
Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being
Must be able to manage confidential information
All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
Fingerprint background clearance (DOJ, FBI & Child Abuse Clearance Index), or approved exemption
Successful completion of pre-employment physical and PPD risk assessment
Access to reliable transportation required
FOR CONSIDERATION: Send cover letter and resume
Substitute Preschool Teacher JobPosted by Westside Children's Center
over 3 months ago
Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania - USA
NOW HIRING!! Substitute Teachers & Substitute Teacher's Aides - compensation: varies - employment type: part - time -...
Skills Needed: Minimum Requirements:View this Job
High School Diploma (Aides)
Bachelor's Degree (Teachers)
ACT 126 - mandated child abuse reporter training
Substitute Teacher JobPosted by Source4Teachers