Boys boarding schools in Arizona: Therapeutic boarding school in Tucson area for troubled teens with behavioral problems & addiction issues. Private middle school & high school college prep programs, residential treatment center for at-risk youth in Cochise County, Southern AZ.
In Balance Ranch Academy: In Balance Ranch Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys aged 13-17, located in beautiful southern Arizona, less than one hour from Tucson. It was developed around a clinically sophisticated model that effectively blends traditional therapy and the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. Additionally, the program incorporates research-based relapse prevention techniques, equine therapy and other experiential treatment modalities.
In Balance Ranch Academy Academics: High school and college courses are offered through an accredited and individualized educational program. The academics attend to the unique learning style of each student and create feelings of success and motivation instead of frustration and hopelessness.
Transformed beliefs and feelings about school instill a desire in the students to further their education at the college-level.
Our program includes: - Individualized academic program designed to ensure success - College prep courses – SAT/ACT testing preparation - Individual, group, and family therapy - A comprehensive and integrated 12-Step-based recovery program - Family education and support - Equine assisted therapy - Experiential, adventure-based therapy - College application counseling and assistance - Leadership and motivational training - Wilderness "success" programs - "Recovery through Service" projects - A positive peer culture - Family Workshop Weekends three times per year
- Numerous expeditions, including but not limited to: Hiking in Zion, Utah; Camping in Havasupai, Grand Canyon; Snowboarding in the White Mountains; Service work with wolves at Wolf Song Ranch; Recovery Conferences at Fellowship of the Spirit; Sweat Lodges with Charlie One Horse; and an opportunity to participate in a trip to South Africa
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Arizona and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Spring Ridge Academy is an all-girls therapeutic boarding school serving students ages 13 - 17 in grades 9-12 in Spring Valley AZ (18 miles southeast of Prescott). Spring Ridge combines an empowering emotional growth program with a sophisticated therapeutic approach and a rigorous college prep curriculum with AP courses and SAT prep.
Our therapeutic milieu is designed to address each student’s issues, challenges and strengths and to assist the family in making changes that support them.
Our curriculum is designed to both assist students who have struggled or fallen behind and to challenge and prepare even the most dedicated student for future academic endeavors. In addition to treatment team meetings, the entire faculty meets every week to review the academic and social progress of each student.
SRA is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges.
Students reside in two dormitories connected by a common living room. Spacious dorm rooms provide ample living space for four students to live and work together. Roommates are assigned to create a well balanced group with a supportive combination of strengths and experience.
Therapeutic Boarding Programs for girls ages 13-17 (Grades 9-12)
- Therapy (Individual, Group and Family), Psychiatric Services & Medication Management
- Specific Treatment in areas of trauma, addiction, grief, depression, relational and developmental problems, personality issues
- Family Program and Workshops
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, social studies, science, foreign languages, the arts, P.E. and technology
- AP Courses
- SAT Preparation Course
- College Counselling
Located in Gunnison, Central Utah, Fieldstone Academy Boarding School is a co-educational boarding school that specializes in College Prep and Academic Catch-up programs. Fieldstone is not a school for students with serious behavioral issues, but is commonly described as a "school for good kids who have gotten off track."
Our curriculum could be described as a highly structured, education and life skills training environment, aimed at the improvement of the whole child. Fieldstone has been very successful at reaching children from every state and in many foreign countries.
Students with ADD/ADHD and long term anxiety issues have been shown to be very successful in the campus positive peer environment.
Fieldstone has an open enrollment with students arrivals throughout the school year and is fully accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission and the State Office of Education.
The Athenian School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. The school is located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo, in Danville, Contra Costa County.
We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6-8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9-12) from the US and throughout the world.
Athenian offers a challenging engaging curriculum and outstanding distinctive programs. The school prepares students well for college, as well as for a life of purpose and personal fulfillment.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students. Today more than 40 students from a dozen countries compose Athenian’s boarding program.
Athenian develops and broadens students’ understanding of themselves and the world. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Day Program (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School Day & Boarding Programs (Grades 9-12)
Upper School curriculum includes:
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education / Athletics
- Studio / Performing Arts
- Special Interest Activities
- Wilderness Experience
- Community Service
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in Mayer, halfway between Phoenix and Flagstaff AZ, The Orme School is an accredited co-educational college preparatory boarding school for grades 8 - 12 and Post-Graduate. The Orme School values of Excellence, Tradition, and Character are enmeshed in our boarding program. We are proud that 100 percent of our graduates are accepted to colleges, universities, or junior colleges.
The Orme School is a unique community of teachers and students who share a passion for academic excellence, adventure, and personal challenge.
Living in a residential setting, students are entrusted with personal and community responsibility. Here, students learn the value of being a contributing member of a caring community.
- Boarding School (Grades 8-12 and Post-Graduate)
- ESL Program
- Small classes
- Rustic setting
- Intimate community
- Rigorous academics
- Full college acceptance
- Competitive sports
- Outdoor leadership
- Fine arts, and much more...