IB schools in Arizona: College prep boarding school for boys & girls, private high school in Flagstaff area. Residential education for international students, co-ed boarding school in Coconino County, Northern AZ.
Verde Valley School: Verde Valley School in Sedona AZ (just a short drive from Flagstaff), is an international college preparatory, co-ed boarding school and day school offering grades 9-12. As part of its ongoing commitment to provide our students with the best possible academic program, VVS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. All juniors and seniors are enrolled in the IB curriculum, freshmen and sophomores are enrolled in a pre-IB curriculum. Verde Valley School educates students for college and for life by encouraging them to become intellectually curious, academically accomplished and creatively expressive.
The International Baccaluareate (IB) Program: The IB Diploma Programme is a challenging two-year curriculum that leads to a high school diploma that is widely recognized by the world’s leading universities. IB students learn to think creatively, globally, and independently – all goals that are congruent with Verde Valley School’s historical mission.
In grades 11 and 12, students study six subjects selected from the six subject groups over a two-year period. Normally three subjects are studied at higher levels (courses representing 240 teaching hours), and the remaining three subjects are studied at standard levels (courses representing 150 teaching hours).
Six Subject Groups: - Native Language - Second Languages - Individuals & Societies - Science - Mathematics - The Arts
To Earn the IB Diploma, Students complete these three activities (in addition to the 6 subject areas. These three parts of the core curriculum are central to the philosophy of the IB program).
- Extended Essay; The extended essay of 4,000 words offers the student the opportunity to investigate a topic of individual interest, and acquaints him or her with the independent research and writing skills expected at university
- Theory Of Knowledge (TOK); The interdisciplinary TOK course is designed to provide coherence by exploring the nature of knowledge across disciplines, encouraging an appreciation of other cultural perspectives.
- Creativity, Action, Service (CAS); The CAS program encourages each student to become involved in artistic pursuits, sports, and community service work. This program fosters in each student an awareness and appreciation of life outside the academic arena.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Founded in 1944, Fenster School is a coeducational, college preparatory, boarding and day school in Tucson, Arizona, enrolling students in grades 9 through Post-graduate from across the country and around the world.
We educate students in a healthy, safe, and structured environment where intellectual, social, and emotional learning are equally valued and each individual can realize their potential, grow in self-confidence, and develop an active sense of responsibility in preparation for college and life.
Through small classes, an intentionally designed daily schedule, and encouraging adult mentors, Fenster offers a structured learning environment that promotes student success. Our entire program is based on the five essential core values of integrity, respect, responsibility, compassion, and health and safety.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from California, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Athenian School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. The school is located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo, in Danville, Contra Costa County.
We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6-8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9-12) from the US and throughout the world.
Athenian offers a challenging engaging curriculum and outstanding distinctive programs. The school prepares students well for college, as well as for a life of purpose and personal fulfillment.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students. Today more than 40 students from a dozen countries compose Athenian’s boarding program.
Athenian develops and broadens students’ understanding of themselves and the world. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Day Program (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School Day & Boarding Programs (Grades 9-12)
Upper School curriculum includes:
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education / Athletics
- Studio / Performing Arts
- Special Interest Activities
- Wilderness Experience
- Community Service
Located in Mayer, halfway between Phoenix and Flagstaff AZ, The Orme School is an accredited co-educational college preparatory boarding school for grades 8 - 12 and Post-Graduate. The Orme School values of Excellence, Tradition, and Character are enmeshed in our boarding program. We are proud that 100 percent of our graduates are accepted to colleges, universities, or junior colleges.
The Orme School is a unique community of teachers and students who share a passion for academic excellence, adventure, and personal challenge.
Living in a residential setting, students are entrusted with personal and community responsibility. Here, students learn the value of being a contributing member of a caring community.
- Boarding School (Grades 8-12 and Post-Graduate)
- ESL Program
- Small classes
- Rustic setting
- Intimate community
- Rigorous academics
- Full college acceptance
- Competitive sports
- Outdoor leadership
- Fine arts, and much more...
Located in Murray, in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, Utah, La Europa Academy provides individualized residential treatment for girls ages 13-17.
Through a solid integration of therapeutic, academic, and environmental interventions, we help adolescent girls and their families to find their greatness again. At times, troubling and often self-defeating behaviors, as well as serious emotional struggles can overshadow the tremendous qualities in any of us.
For adolescent girls, this can affect every area of their lives, causing sadness, anger, fear, and disappointment for them as well as for their parents and loved ones.
La Europa is child-focused rather than curriculum-focused. A broad enrichment program of art, science, Foreign Language, dance and multi-media give our students opportunities for success that empower them to succeed elsewhere. Most importantly, the program is a place where students feel loved and respected.