In Balance Ranch Academy:
In Balance Ranch Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys aged 13-17, located in beautiful southern Arizona, less than one hour from Tucson. It was developed around a clinically sophisticated model that effectively blends traditional therapy and the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. Additionally, the program incorporates research-based relapse prevention techniques, equine therapy and other experiential treatment modalities.
Our academic courses are fully accredited; students may choose to earn a high school diploma while they are with us, or transfer their earned credits to another school to complete their educational program.
- Junior high school program
- Senior high school program
- Remedial, regular, and advanced placement course
- Art, philosophy, current events, physical education, and culinary arts courses
- Spanish language instruction
- Vocational training including welding, basic construction
- Therapeutic services
- 12 step recovery program
- Equine-assisted therapy
The In Balance Ranch Academy academic program is tailored to meet the individual needs of each student. Upon enrollment, our Academic Director, Lynda Hendricks, works with the student and his parents to develop a detailed, individualized educational plan.
For some students this plan may include completing courses started at his home school, taking a blend of high school and college courses to best challenge his academic strengths, or may involve designing an accelerated program to help the student make-up missed credits.
Our experiential learning and one-to-one tutoring model ensures success for many students who have struggled in more traditional school settings. The academic program facilitates learning for all different types of learners. Students who have previously felt frustration and hopelessness around school are able to instead feel success and excitement.
- The vocational program at In Balance Ranch Academy offers students many new and different experiences. As with many aspects of the ranch, the vocational skills are designed to encourage our students to become reconnected with their creative side.
- Students are offered the opportunity to artistically express themselves through design, building, or both. This allows them to build a strong work ethic and possibly ignite an interest or passion in something they may want to choose to pursue on their road to success and recovery.
- Our vocational program consists of many different components. First and foremost, it creates opportunity for a sense of pride and ownership in their community. Secondly, seeing a vision go from an idea to a finished piece of work gives the students a sense of self-worth and accomplishment for actually finishing something they started. During their stay at the ranch students will have the opportunity to work with and understand the principals in:
- Welding: Students will be able to assist in building and repairing structures on-site. With supervision by an award-winning, certified welder, they have an extensive array of tools to work with, ranging from a basic welding torch to a plasma cutter.
- Basic construction: Students have the opportunity in assisting in rebuilding structures from framing, insulation, electrical, drywall, plumbing, and painting. Not only have we done this on site but we have had the pleasure of working with Habitat for Humanity and the University of Arizona doing some of the same work for the families they help.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 3331 Inbalance Ranch Rd, Tombstone, Tucson, Arizona 85638, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.