English language schools USA: ESL school Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, Homestay program, Intensive English lessons, Private English classes in Santa Monica, TOEFL preparation, TOEIC exam preparation, Cambridge exam courses, Learn English in California
College of English Language - CEL, Santa Monica: At the College of English Language (CEL) in Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, we believe in the combination of quality English language / ESL teaching, an innovative approach to encourage student’s participation and an exciting outside-of-class program to strengthen and practice the skills learned in class. Our teaching philosophy and experience with students at different levels and from all over the globe have resulted in teaching methods that optimize your learning results.
English Language Courses for Adults: - Basic beginner to advanced levels
General English Courses: The general English language courses are based on a curriculum developed to help students improve their English language skills and achieve academic success.
Students will gain confidence and fluency in the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar and vocabulary. Course options include:
- Intensive (20 lessons/week) - Intensive Plus (24 lessons/week) - Super Intensive (30 lessons/week)
TOEFL Exam Prep: The TOEFL preparation courses teach students key skills and strategies to get a competitive edge on the TOEFL test. The course includes TOEFL focused reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Course options include:
- TOEFL (20 lessons/week) - TOEFL Plus (24 lessons/week)
Cambridge English Exam Prep: The FCE (First Certificate in English) and CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) exams are recognized by thousands of employers, universities and government ministries as proof of the English language use.
Both examinations are also aligned with the levels and standards implemented by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Course options include:
Private / One-on-one English Lessons: CEL offers private lessons for students who are seeking one-on-one time with a specially trained teacher. Lessons are personalized to fit each student’s learning level and language goals.
English & Surfing: - General English classes + 4 lessons of surf per week
Practice speaking English while riding the waves! Students can pre-book beginner and intermediate surfing lessons with 4 lessons per week during their stay at CEL.
• Learn English in the USA or Canada and live with your English language teacher! American Language Programs (ALP) offers English language homestay programs which allow students to combine homestay accommodation in the home of their teacher with private English lessons.
• Whether you are a total beginner or have an advanced level of English, your English classes will be designed to meet your individual needs.
• We teach students from around the world between the ages of 12 - 80. You can choose to stay from one week or up to three months and longer stays can also be arranged.
• The emphasis of our program is that students have the opportunity to practice using English. Your teacher and homestay host is a highly qualified teacher usually with many years of training & experience and one or more academic degrees from well-known colleges or universities.
We offer ESL Homestay Programs in:
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, NY / New Jersey
• Honolulu, Hawaii
• Phoenix, Arizona
• Los Angeles & San Francisco, California
• Orlando, Kissimmee, Miami, Palm Beach & Boca Raton, Florida
• Vancouver, BC in Canada
Student Testimonial: "I stayed three times with my family. Living with a family and having several hours of classes each day is a 10 (10 being top!). It's a wonderful way to improve one's English painlessly and discover the "real American life."
- Benedicte, France
• Our Standard Homestay Program
• Business English & Specialized Vocabulary
• Deluxe / 4-Star Program
• Public Speaking / Business English Instruction
• TOEFL, GRE, GED, LLM Exam Preparation
• University Application / Registration
• Corporate / Workplace English classes
• Private English lessons
• English language pronunciation, including grammar, vocabulary, and accent reduction...
• Located in beautiful Coral Gables close to the University of Miami, Kaplan International's English language school in Miami offers you the opportunity to enjoy year-round sunshine while making rapid progress towards your language goals.
• Taught by highly trained and inspiring teachers, we offer a range of exam preparation and English courses for students of all levels, with courses starting frequently throughout the year.
• Study English in a relaxed and friendly school atmosphere and practice your English with fellow classmates while exploring Miami. Join Kaplan International Miami today and achieve your language goals.
• With over 40 years of experience providing first-class English education, and with 18 English schools in the USA, Kaplan International provides high standards of teaching and student care, along with quality courses and accommodation, at our English schools worldwide.
• Our language school in Miami is accredited by ACCET, and students from 75 countries attended our Miami ESL school last year.
Student Review: “Everything about the school is nice and people here are awesome! I enjoy that once a week we have happy hour to meet other Kaplan students to practice our English and have a good time." - Kim, Brazil
Quality English Courses: • General English lessons (Beginner to Advanced levels)
• General English Academic Year/Semester option
• Intensive English courses
• Intensive English Academic Year/Semester option
• TOEFL and Academic English
• Vacation English
Graduate Exam Preparation Programs: • General Cambridge Exam preparation • Cambridge FCE Exam prep
• Cambridge CAE Intensive Exam prep
• GMAT Exam preparation
• GRE Test preparation
• An established ESL training provider, Harvest English Institute (HEI) offers beginner to advanced programs for local and international students.
• The Harvest English Institute Los Angeles campus is situated on Wilshire Boulevard in the Koreatown neighborhood of Central LA.
• Harvest English Institute welcomes students from all over the world, and is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students (to issue an I-20 form for a F-1 student visa application).
Why choose Harvest English Institute?
There are plenty of reasons to choose Harvest English Institute (HEI) for your English language adventure!
Not only do we offer state-of-the-art technology in our classrooms with interactive TV's and smartboards, our skilled instructors also provide students with proficiency at record speed.
Our students receive their class notes by email, covering all the topics discussed. Our programs are also based on the official CEFR framework, helping students improve their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
With our four English language schools across the USA (in Los Angeles, California; Newark & Long Branch, New Jersey; and Orlando, Florida), learning English as a second language has never been so fun and unique!
Student Review: “Being a student at Harvest Institute is a great experience because of the people that I have met here and the knowledge that will give me many more opportunities in my future career."
- Kassia, Poland
• Intensive English Program (Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate & Advanced Levels)
• TOEFL iBT Exam Preparation course
• Supplemental courses in Pronunciation, Conversation, and Writing
• Business English classes
• Recreational English for non- F-1 (student visas) which are 16 hours or less in length
• Private English lessons for adults, colleges students, healthcare & business professionals
• Summer English courses
• Located in beautiful Santa Barbara on California's Pacific Coast (2 hours west of Los Angeles), NSL Mondial offers a variety of English programs and support services to local and international students.
• Our Intensive and Semi-intensive English programs are taught by experienced professionals, and last from 1-24 weeks.
• Our English language courses for adults are taught at 10 levels - from complete beginner through to advanced. You will be tested on arrival, and placed into the class that matches your current level.
• We keep our class sizes small. This guarantees that you receive the personalized attention you need to quickly improve your English language skills.
• Enjoy learning English in a sunny and friendly small city where you will quickly feel at home!
• Learn English in Houston with Crossing Borders language school in the Galleria area (also known as Uptown), a major business district and shopping area in Houston, 6 miles west of Downtown.
• We offer group ESL programs and private English lessons for adults & high school teens in Houston.
• For international students, we offer semi-intensive English courses and this option is permitted for students on a B1/B2 tourist visa.
• Our English students learn to speak more confidently and clearly, and learn faster than students from many other ESL programs in Texas and across the U.S. You will learn more in 1 month with Crossing Borders than you will in 3 months at other English schools.
English Courses for Adults & High School Teens:
• General English for beginners, intermediate & advanced levels
• Intensive ESL Program (4 weeks)
• Semi-intensive English
• Private English lessons
• TOEFL exam preparation
• SAT preparation course
• English Conversation classes
• American Pronunciation & Accent Reduction
• Business English classes
• Corporate English training for executives
• English for the entire family
• English classes for high school teens
• Learn English in Manhattan with New York English Academy (NYEA) - a leading English language school that is authorized by the NY State Education Department.
• Our English language school is conveniently located three blocks north of Wall Street in Lower Manhattan.
• NYEA provides a range of full-time and part-time English courses to international students from around the world, as well as non-native English speakers living in New York.
• Our English courses are available to students of all levels - from basic beginner to advanced.
• Course options include Standard English, TOEFL iBT exam preparation, Business English, and Summer English classes that include sightseeing tours of the Big Apple - New York City!
• Course schedules are extremely flexible, and students can avail of morning & afternoon study options.
• Our full-time English courses range between 1 and 48-week study periods.
• On arrival, you will take a placement test to determine your level. You will be placed in the class that best suits you.
Student Review / Testimonial: "My teachers helped me a lot, especially with pronunciation. The movies every Friday or the field trips helped me a lot in listening and understanding. Also, the environment of the school is wonderful!" Evgenia, Greece
English Language Courses Beginners to Advanced Students
• Full-time Standard English courses (20 / 18 hours per week)
• Part-time Standard English courses (14 hours per week)
• TOEFL iBT preparation (4 or 8-week course)
• Short-term Summer English courses (1-8 weeks)
• Business English (4 weeks)
• Conversation & Pronunciation (4 hours per week)
• Slang & Idioms (4 hours per week)
• Private English lessons
• TEFL / TESOL English teacher training
The minimum age for enrollment is 16. Minors (below the age of 18) require parent or guardian consent.