Private schools in Los Angeles CA: Preschool in Mid-Wilshire District. Independent elementary school in Miracle Mile area. Find kindergarten & early childhood programs. Accredited K-6 education in LA County.
Wilshire Private School, Los Angeles: Located near the Miracle Mile district in Mid-Wilshire in Los Angeles, Wilshire Private School is an independent K-6 school. We also host international students mainly from Asia and specialize in intensive English language instruction. Wilshire Private School is accredited by The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Wilshire Private School was founded in 1985 by the Korean Institute of Southern California for the express purpose of offering a K-6 quality academic education enhanced with courses in the arts. We provide qualified, experienced, and caring teachers.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Our learning community flourishes in a well-located and safe environment conducive to well-rounded educational achievement. Wilshire Private is part of the Wilshire Performing Arts Academy, Hollywood Wilshire Sports League, the Independent School Alliance for Minority Students and are sponsored by the Korean Institute of Southern California (KISC).
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program (til end of 6th Grade)
- General curriculum includes subjects such as language arts, maths, science and performing arts
- Enrichment program covers subjects such as computer, art, physical education, dance, drama, arts and crafts, and theater
- ESL Program for International Students
- Summer School program
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Caterpillar Cottage Preschool, in the Los Angeles district of Encino, southern San Fernando Valley, is a neighborhood-based early childhood education school that provides a play-based preschool program with an eclectic curriculum for kids ages 2.5 - 5 years.
Our school is located in Lake Balboa at 17214 Cantlay Street. Our programs are open to children from Los Angeles communities that include West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Encino, Van Nuys, Reseda, Northridge and North Hills.
Immaculate Heart is an independent, Catholic, college preparatory school for girls, governed by a board of trustees located at the corner of Franklin and Western Avenues on seven acres of beautiful hillside property in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, overlooking Hollywood. We attract very talented and highly motivated young women who represent the religious, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of the City of Los Angeles and its suburbs. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Our students are immersed in an exciting and challenging curriculum that inspires a love of learning while demanding the focus and self-discipline necessary for success in college and beyond. Complementing the academic program, we have a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to help students to explore their interests and to tap into their special gifts and talents. Immaculate Heart Middle and High School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Located in Costa Mesa, Orange County CA, Coastal Children's Learning Center provides preschool and Pre-K classes for children ages 18 months to 6 years. Our program is a learn-through-play, developmental course which follows the High Scope Curriculum. We are licensed for 39 children and have 8 staff members, and strive to maintain a low ratio of 1:8. We also offer a day care service.
We believe that learning is most effective for children when it is provided through ‘play’. Play is the child’s work, where education is life. With this in mind, we will provide intellectual stimulation through a variety of new experiences where the teacher becomes a facilitator to problem solving in each child’s world.
First School of the Desert is located in La Quinta in the Coachella Valley in Riverside County, Southern CA. We offer an intimate learning atmosphere unparalleled by any other desert preschool program by providing a successful and well established approach to preschool education. First School also offers preschool / childcare programs at 2 other city locations in the Coachella Valley, Riverside County - Cathedral City and Palm Springs. At First School, we provide a perfect balance of academic and social instruction.
At First School of the Desert, your child's health and safety is paramount and that is why all of our staff members are certified in Pediatric C.P.R. and in California Childcare Preventive Health and Safety.
Our childcare programs are designed to give your child a solid academic foundation. In a stimulating environment, the small class size will encourage your child to learn and interact. Each class is tailored for your child’s specific age. We maintain a six to one ratio (children / teacher) in our toddler classes (18 months), and a 12 to one ratio in all preschool classrooms. This enables each child to get the personal and individual attention they need to succeed.
Conveniently located in Arroyo Grande in San Luis Obispo County, A Child's Place Montessori School is a Montessori school offering programs for infants, toddlers, primary and elementary children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. Dr. Maria Montessori, one of the most significant educators of our time, stressed the need for early education. A Childs Place Montessori curriculum is based upon the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, and is developmentally appropriate for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, as well as lower elementary students.
At A Child's Place Montessori School, the focus is on the whole child - physical, emotional, social, cognitive, creative and artistic development, are stressed equally. Our education programs for infants, toddlers, primary and elementary age children are conducted in a warm, loving, nurturing environment, where Montessori teachers invest in your child.
- Infant / Toddler program (Ages 6 weeks to 24 months): Features bright, airy interiors designed to stimulate with toys and materials that encourage hand / eye co-ordination & cognitive ability. Learn about practical life.
- Preschool / Primary program (Ages 3 to 5 years): Sets the foundation for math and reading.
- Early Elementary program (Ages 5 to 6 years): Children are taught how to solve problems amongst themselves with a teacher serving as mediator.