Yukon School of Visual Arts, Yukon Territory: Located in the vibrant community of Dawson City in the Yukon Territory in Northern Canada, Yukon School of Visual Arts (SOVA) is an accredited post-secondary institution. We offer a Foundation Year program that specializes in the instruction, promotion and advancement of contemporary visual arts practices from a multiplicity of cultural perspectives. This is the first year of study in a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Bachelor of Design degrees (BDes). Students can then transfer into a second year of study at Canada’s top art schools to complete their degrees, including Emily Carr University, Ontario College of Art & Design, NSCAD University, and the Alberta College of Art & Design.
Foundation Year Program: The SOVA Foundation Year program consists of six Studio and four Liberal Studies courses. Each course is worth 3 credits. All Studio courses meet twice a week for three hour classes, while the English courses meet twice a week for one and a half hours. The two Visual Culture Studies courses are delivered through video conferencing from the Ontario College of Art and Design and consist of one two hour lecture and one one hour tutorial/ seminar class per week. Several unique features distinguish the Foundation Year curriculum and approach: - studies in 2 Dimensional, 3 Dimensional and 4 Dimensional Studio Practices are integrated around theme units that incorporate a visual culture approach to studying art - the curriculum ensures that works from Northern, First Nation and other Aboriginal artists are studied
Studio and lecture courses are presented in consecutive thematic units, which allow for the progressive development of fundamental skills and techniques, while addressing concepts and theories relevant to traditional and contemporary art practices. Students will also pursue academic coursework that includes Visual Culture Studies and English. The Foundation Year program is designed to support, challenge and substantiate the student’s abilities, while providing the knowledge and skills required for transfer to degree programs at designated post-secondary art institutions.
Successful completion of all courses are required to meet the transfer and accreditation requirements of our partner organizations.
Are you ready to discover your talents, risk a career in professional theatre, start your own theatre company, or serve in one of the many areas of drama ministry? Define your passions at Rosebud School of the Arts located in Rosebud, Alberta in Canada just 100 km northeast of Calgary. Rosebud develops honest, caring, and talented theatre artists who have the skills and desire to make a difference in the world – a world that desperately yearns to be transported in heart, mind, and soul.
By exploring the intimate connection between your spiritual gifts and your creative gifts, you will discover greater authenticity in faith and on stage. Welcome to a school, a theatre, a place, where the secular meets the Divine, where the disenfranchised find their niche, and where theatre artists are born. Every year thousands of Rosebud Theatre patrons discover the artists who have trained at Rosebud School of Arts. Rosebud Theatre exists to uncover and polish the creative gifts that the Spirit has placed in each of us.
Acting Classes and Programs; Certificate in Theatre Foundations; Mentorship Training; Music and Open Studies Internship Programs; Study acting, art, speech, movement, choir, dance, script analysis, music theory, spiritual formation, Christianity and the arts, drama ministry, and technical theatre with us. We also organise theatre study trips to major cities. We welcome international students.
At GLOW Academy in Mississauga, Toronto, and Kitchener, Ontario, we provide professional training in Makeup Artistry, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, and all areas of Aesthetics, including: Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Nails, Facials, Peels, Brow/Lash Tinting, Massage and Microdermabrasion.
Specialized makeup programs are also offered in Bridal, Fashion, TV/SFX and Fantasy makeup. We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
This allows our students to graduate with a resume full of experience and a complete portfolio book of their actual work as they embark on their career path.
Aesthetic students also have the opportunity to be scheduled into working at our “Beauty Lounge” to further hone their skill sets and confidence by servicing the general public.
Student Testimonial: "The teachers are great, very helpful and understanding. The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals.
I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
- Samantha T, Hamilton, ON
M.C. College offers accredited programs in hairstyling, esthetics and fashion at several locations throughout Western Canada. With campuses in Edmonton and Calgary in Alberta as well as different locations throughout British Columbia, M.C. College Group has over 100 full and part-time employees. The educational faculty at each location is made up of experienced industry professionals. M.C. College Group inspires them to continue their professional development and provides instructional training to insure they are the best trained faculty in their respective programs.
The head office staff includes a Director of Operations, Director of Education and Controller with more than 40 years combined experience in the organization. Full time curriculum specialists in all three programs insure MC College delivers the most comprehensive program possible. An Artistic Director, with over 30 years experience as a platform artist and a team of internationally recognized technical advisors in both hairstyling and esthetics, consistently update the skills of the instructional faculty.
M.C. College offers accredited programs in hairstyling, esthetics and fashion at several locations throughout Western Canada. Full time curriculum specialists in all three programs insure MC College delivers the most comprehensive program possible.
Online Candle Making Courses in Canada & Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make high quality, unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in Canada, the U.S. or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
“I searched the planet to find work like this.” Leah, Canada
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
Candle Making Seminars via Skype:
• 6 DAY COMPLETE BUSINESS SET UP COURSE
• 4 DAY CONDENSED BUSINESS SET UP
• 2 DAY INTRODUCTORY COURSE
HD Video Course Options:
• BUSINESS SET UP COURSE
• PLATINUM COURSE
• INTERACTIVE COURSE
• HOBBY COURSE
Clear, Concise, Interactive Teaching:
These comprehensive candle making courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a livelihood from this special profession.
With campuses throughout the Greater Toronto Area and across Ontario, Liaison College is a private career college focused solely and exclusively on career training in the culinary arts. Our chef training programs are meticulously designed by professionals in the hospitality industry, to provide students with the skills they need in today’s demanding restaurant and food services operations. Our graduates work in some of the most prestigious restaurants in Canada.
From the first we focused on training the world’s future great chefs. If you have a passion for food and for cooking, being a professional chef is a fun and rewarding career. All you need are a solid culinary education and some hands-on experience - which we can provide at Liason. Campus locations are in Toronto, Kingston, Kitchener, Brampton, & Oakville, ON.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy