Thomas More Prep-Marian High School, Hays:
Thomas More Prep-Marian is a Catholic, Christian, co-educational, college preparatory high school for Grades 9-12 with residential (boarding) and day programs located in Hays, Ellis County, Kansas.
Thomas More Prep-Marian High School, a Christian community in the Catholic tradition, challenges its students to spiritual growth, academic excellence, and leadership formation.
Thomas More Prep-Marian High School is an accredited institution recognized by the North Central Accreditation program and the State of Kansas.
Goals of Thomas More Prep-Marian High School
The goal of Thomas More Prep-Marian High School is to provide in a well-balanced way for each student’s unique intellectual, spiritual, psychological, physical and social needs.
More specifically, the school aims to help the student:
- Develop habits of good practical judgment and using them profitably.
- Develop mature relationships with peers.
- Achieve an appreciation of nature, science, literature and the fine arts.
- Acquire proper habits for maintaining emotional, mental, and physical health and well-being.
- Instill the ability to think rationally, to express thoughts clearly, and to listen with understanding.
- Acquire an interest in and capacity for excelling in further studies, whether collegiate or independent.
- Develop leadership abilities such as initiative, emotional independence, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Foster a sense of responsibility in relationship to family, school, parish, and civic community.
- Demonstrate practical concern for the social problems of our times, developing a sense of the universal family of God.
- Recognize an awareness of God’s presence and action among us.
- Learn to worship God both liturgically and individually.
- Gain a proper respect between those in authority and those being directed.
- Personally appreciate and exemplify a life founded on faith.
At Thomas More Prep-Marian High School, parents should take great comfort in the fact that the entire well-being of their children is our primary focus and for that reason, we ensure that the whole student is being educated.
Boarding and Day Programs for Boys & Girls (Grades 9-12)
Our challenging and demanding curriculum with advanced placement and college prep courses allows students to develop the cognitive and critical thinking skills that are necessary in order to be successful in today’s society.
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, social studies, science, foreign languages, fine arts, physical education, computer tech and electives
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- English as a Second Language Program
- International students welcome
Thomas More Prep-Marian provides an off-campus residential program for boarding students. Marian Hall, the girls' dorm, is located on 13th Street and Nation's Hall, the boys dorm, is located on 6th Street.
Resident students live in dorm facilities and benefit from the supervision and nurturing of committed staff that love and guide them in their school and social activities. Daily study halls, positive boundaries and a safe learning environment create the structure needed to prepare young people for their future.
The primary purpose of all activities is to provide leadership and service opportunities.
At Thomas More Prep-Marian the following interscholastic activities are offered:
- Cross country, track, volleyball, golf football, baseball, basketball, debate, wrestling, student council, concert, choir, band, soccer forensics, softball, Scholar’s Bowl, music ministry, multicultural club, liturgical committee, chess team, KEY club.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Hays, 1701 Hall Street, Wichita, Kansas , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.