Learn English in Washington State: ESL programs in Seattle for international students, intensive English language courses offered full-time & part-time. Private English teacher for beginners to advanced level.
Washington Academy of Languages, Seattle: The Washington Academy of Languages is located in the vibrant heart of downtown Seattle near the beautiful waterfront. Parks, the downtown Art Museum, Benaroya Symphony, boutiques, art galleries, major shopping and tourist sites are nearby. Since 1979, WAL has been teaching language and culture to the world's people. We are proud to watch our students go on to experience their dreams. We invite you to join WAL and enjoy the friendly people and beauty of Seattle! WAL is authorized to issue the Form I-20 which is used to obtain the F-1 student visa.
- Intensive English
- Part-Time English
- Custom Programs
WAL also offers courses in many world languages including Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
WAL has many ways to help you practice your English outside of class! You can join our school activities, volunteer at a community organization and meet with a conversation partner. WAL has many Americans studying here to learn other languages. Many students sign up for our Conversation Partner Program which matches international students and native English speakers for conversational language and cultural exchanges.
Student Testimonials: "I think it is impossible to write all my best memories of WAL because there's not enough space!!!! I've already recommended WAL to all my friends. I told them this is the best school where they can get excellent knowledge!!!" -Dmitriy (Russia)
"Even though I only attended WAL for three months, I really felt that my English ability developed a lot. That was because everyone helped me so much. There were many difficult assignments I had to do; however, I succeeded. The director was so kind to me in assuring that I could succeed. I was so shy when I first started and so frightened but the calmness of the director in explaining things to me and taking the time to speak with me about my concerns made me feel so comfortable at the school......The student advisor helped me get into the college and choose a major. Now I will graduate from college with my AA degree this March with great confidence all of which was developed by the caring people at WAL." -Kumiko (Japan)
• Learn English in glamorous Los Angeles, California! NSL Mondial is a leading provider of English courses and immersion programs for international students (adults and children) from around the world.
• Our English language courses for adults are taught at 10 levels - from complete beginner through to advanced. You will be tested on arrival, and placed into the class that matches your current level.
• Taught by university educated, native English speakers, our class sizes are small (average of 9 students and maximum of 12 students).
• This assures you of the expert attention and class participation you need to quickly improve your English. Many of our English teachers hold advanced degrees in TEFL or related fields.
• With more theaters and museums than any other American city, Los Angeles also offers a thriving gallery and music scene, as well as an amazing nightlife.
• Take a stroll along Hollywood's famous Walk of Fame, or visit theme parks like Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, or Six Flags.
• Other recreational activities include enjoying the spectacular beaches, hundreds of kilometers of hiking and biking trails, rollerblading, or taking in the Museum/Pier Concerts.
• In addition, you can easily visit Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, or Las Vegas.
English Classes for Adults Taught at 10 levels from beginner to advanced
• Intensive English Program (30 lessons per week)
• Semi-Intensive English Plus Program (24 lessons per week)
• Semi-Intensive / Part-time English Program (20 lessons per week)
• IELTS exam preparation
• Cambridge CAE exam preparation
• Business English for professionals, executives
• Homestay program / live with an American family
English Immersion for Juniors:
• English language camp for children & teenagers (ages 7-17). Combines English classes with fun activities & excursions
• Full-time Standard English courses (18 / 20 hours per week)
• Part-time Standard English courses (14 hours per week)
• TOEFL iBT preparation (4-week/ 72-hour, or 8-week/ 144-hour course)
• Short-term Summer English courses
• Business English (4 week course)
• Conversation & Pronunciation (4 hours per week)
• Slang & Idioms (4 hours per week)
• Private English lessons
• TEFL / TESOL English teacher training
• Learn English in the beautiful surroundings of south-east Florida!
• Located in Ft. Lauderdale, Broward County FL, The Language Academy (TLA) is one of the premiere language institutes in the area. We provide a range of beginner to advanced level English language classes to adults and juniors (ages 11-18) from around the world.
• Courses include General English, Intensive English, TOEFL exam preparation, and more. Personal attention and quality teaching are our top priorities. We know how important learning is for you.
• That is why an English language course at TLA is a total experience in academic, social and cultural life in the U.S., as well as a sound investment in your future.
• Our experienced and qualified teachers focus on your needs, your interests and your goals. You, the learner, are encouraged to participate actively in cultural activities and fully benefit from your visit.
• The Language Academy is accredited by ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training), and is recognized by the US Department of Education.
Student Review: "I had an awesome time at TLA!! The teachers and the staff are very friendly and helpful! I can highly recommend this language school for everyone!!"
• Study English in the U.S. with the International Language Institute (ILI) in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, Maryland, just 15 miles north-west of Washington DC, and situated just south of Germantown MD.
• We provide a wide range of English as a Second Language (ESL) programs for beginner to advanced level students, including TOEFL preparation. Our English courses are available during the day, in the evening, and on Saturdays.
• Our mission is to provide high-quality language instruction and academic preparation, at a superior value, to satisfy the individual goals of those who choose to study for academic, professional, or personal reasons.
• Over the past 43 years, our company has seen steady growth and developed a strong reputation around the world and locally for quality language training and academic preparation at a superior value.
• Our English programs are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). ACCET is a national accrediting agency listed by the United States Secretary of Education.
• We are authorized under Federal law to enroll individuals with a student visa as well as other non-immigrant foreign students. ILI also has a language school in Dupont Circle in the center of Washington DC.
Student Testimonial: "Not only have I improved my language skills, but I’ve also made great friends. Among those friends are teachers who have very effective ways of teaching and make learning less daunting." - Brahim, Mauritania
• With two conveniently-located schools in the Seattle area, Kaplan International provides accredited English courses to international students from around the world.
• Available year-round, our quality courses are suitable for students of all levels - from total beginner to advanced. English courses include General English, Intensive English and TOEFL exam preparation.
• On your first day, you take an English test to assess your listening, writing, speaking, and grammar skills. You will then be placed at the level that best suits your needs. At the end of your course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendence.
• A course with Kaplan International is not just about lessons in a classroom, it’s a life experience. We offer an excellent social program designed to provide fun recreational activities and the opportunity to make new friends from many different countries.
• With more than 40 years of experience in teaching English, Kaplan International Colleges has 40+ accredited schools across 8 English-speaking countries.
• In the USA, we are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). Students from 47 different countries attended our Seattle ESL schools last year.
Student Review: "What I like the most is that we are not just learning English, we are also learning about American culture and the culture of various countries, because we are all from different places." - Angela, Venezuela
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
• Study English in a Top U.S. University with affordable fees!
• The ELI is located on the beautiful, 58-acre campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University in one of Baltimore's most prestigious and secure neighborhoods (Baltimore is a major cosmopolitan city on the East Coast of the U.S).
• The ELI provides an intensive English program (IEP) for non-native English speakers & international students who want to improve their English language skills in a quality university setting.
• In 8-week sessions, students at all levels study writing, grammar, reading, listening and speaking, pronunciation, vocabulary, TOEFL preparation & American culture.
• In each session, there are 20-25 different countries represented. This diversity makes English proficiency a necessity and motivates study & language acquisition.
• The ELI is also a test center site for the Institutional TOEFL exam, so students can sit for the exam on-campus during and after the completion of their studies.
• After attending the ELI, many of our students move on to undergraduate studies, graduate studies, and careers.
"ELI has the most effective course available to help improve my English. I recommend this school as the best English language institute in the east." - Hong Joo, South Korea
"I spent 6 months in ELI and it was a really good experience. I got to know wonderful people from all over the world which I still have contact with. The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English.. - Mark, Switzerland