Study design in Europe: Design college in Italy, fashion design school in Florence & Rome, bachelor's degree programs in fashion, graphic design & visual communications, interior design & photography taught in English for international students/ Americans.
Accademia Italiana, Florence & Rome: Study at a leading international fashion and design school in Italy, with campuses in the historic cities of Florence and Rome. Further your college education or choose a short-term study option. Programs include postgraduate diploma (masters) programs, masters courses, B.A. bachelor degree programs, liberal arts and design academic year / semester abroad programs, monthly courses, summer courses and Italian language & culture programs. The bachelor’s degrees are awarded by the University of Wales, a leading UK university.
Email:Contact us below
Courses Taught in English & Italian:
You do not need to speak Italian in order to attend the Accademia Italiana. Many courses are taught in both English and Italian. Some courses are taught only in Italian but by instructors who can also speak English to assist students. Italian language classes may be offered as part of your program.
Arts & Design Courses / Study Abroad:
- Bachelor's Degree Courses: Interior and Product Design; Fashion Design; Graphic Design & Visual Communications; Photography (Florence only); Costume Design for Theater, Film, Television (Rome only)
- 1-Year Post-graduate Diploma (Masters) Programs in Florence: Fashion as Art; Interior Design and Product Design; Pre-MBA in Design and Business
- Study Abroad Programs for U.S. University / College Credit: A range of liberal arts, studio arts and design programs. Study options include: Semester program (Spring / Fall), academic year abroad, summer study abroad programs.
- Further Courses: Italian Language & Culture Courses; Monthly Courses; Summer Courses taught in English and Italian.
European Cultural Academy - Art, Architecture & Design Courses
Courses / Programs
• Experience Venice, Italy and the Venice Biennale together with like-minded students from all over the world with immersive and creative art & design courses from the European Cultural Academy (ECA).
• The aim of the ECA is to enhance knowledge and advance your career in architecture, art, design, and other creative industries.
• Our participants come from all backgrounds and the course is open for anyone with an interest in arts, architecture and culture.
• For more than a decade, we have helped creative communities to increase visibility, build connections and make a lasting impact on their careers.
• You and your peers are immersed in an inspiring environment led by renowned faculty and industry experts. Gain new skills to create greater impact with your work immediately.
• Prominent professors in related fields ensure a solid academic component and will enable you to gain a wider perspective.
• Our faculty includes artists, designers, curators, gallerists, architects and scholars that will help you to build necessary skills and enable you to navigate through an opaque and very competitive industry.
Contemporary Art, Architecture & Design Courses in summer, spring & fall - taught in English:
• Join for 1 week to focus on a particular topic
• Join for 2 weeks to cover wider field of subjects
• Join for 3 weeks for in-depth all-round experience and extra opportunities
Course Options: • Contemporary Art
• Contemporary Architecture - Opening Of The Architecture Biennale
• Contemporary Architecture
• Venice Architecture Biennale
• Design: The World Around Us
• 3-Day Venice Architecture Biennale Power Course
• Founded in 1961, Istituto di Moda Burgo is a long-established fashion school located in Milan's vibrant city centre.
• We offer high-quality academic year and short summer courses in Fashion Design, Fashion Stylist, Dressmaking, and Pattern Making - taught in English and Italian language.
• We provide 'Normal' and 'Intensive' study options for each course. 'Normal' courses last from 1-2 years, while 'Intensive' options run between 5 months and 1 year.
• Thanks to over 50 years experience in the fashion industry, Istituto di Moda Burgo's methodology and passion for Italian fashion and style has been exported to many fashion design schools, colleges, public and private universities abroad.
• We also offer our 4 main academic-year fashion programs at our school in Rome.
Student Review: "I had a great time at this school where I noticed the care with which the subjects are taught. The teachers are precise. I learned in a short time a new method. I'm very satisfied!" - Francesca
Studio Arrais Jewelry Design school is located in the center of Florence, in the Tuscany region of Italy. We offer jewelry design classes and training courses in computer jewelry design and technical drawing. There are lessons twice a week from Monday to Friday, morning (from 9am to 1pm) or afternoon (from 2 - 6pm). The teacher speaks both Italian and English. The average class size is 4 students. Our school was born of a professional teacher's ten-year experience in goldsmith drawing.
The school seeks to develop each students abilities and creative student's value and creative capacity through practical and professional methods and through the creation of connections with all the national and international goldsmith firms so that students will have the opportunity to sell their collections. Studio Arrais takes upon itself the responsibility to create students fit for technological and stylistic innovations, through the participation in national and international jewel design contests.
- Jewelry design courses that last 1 month, 3 months or 6 months and can be individualised to meet each students needs.
- Computer Design 3D training in programs including: Rhinoceros 3.0; Flamingo and Techgems.
Fabiolous Cooking Day offers day-long Italian cooking courses in Rome, Italy and in Mazzano Romano, a medieval village approximately 30 minutes drive from Rome. Chef Fabio gives individualized cooking lessons in his own home and teach you the culinary secrets behind creating classic Italian pastas. Chef Fabio has a passion for cooking that you too will walk away with!
The Florence Art Studio offers custom-made, intensive art courses in drawing and painting for students of all levels and backgrounds in the heart of Florence city center.
Taught entirely in English, our intensive Art Program is divided into 6 separate modules covering drawing & painting skills, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. Alternatively, you can choose to take any module as a stand-alone course, from one week to a month or longer.
We help students achieve their goals in the most time-effective way possible through intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
Our students learn how to learn, be patient, disciplined, and objectively self-critical to transform every small obstacle or challenge into a rewarding lesson.
We seek students wishing to learn for self-improvement only. We do not offer academic credit, but we are affiliated with the British Institute of Florence, an accredited institution by the Tuscan government.
Student Testimonial: "I enjoyed learning how each artist accomplished their work while learning the history as well. I highly recommend this type of art education to anyone interested in becoming an artist or if you already are and want to hone your skills.” - Kelly Schlegel, Art Student, New Mexico, USA
The Istituto d’Arte Applicata e Design (IAAD) in Turin (Torino), Italy is a design school offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of industrial design, interior and furniture design, advertising and graphic design and transportation design. It was founded in 1978 by the initiative of a group of professionals that operate in the field of visual communication and product design. The teaching-staff, supported by visiting professors, is mainly composed by professionals, tightly linked to the national and international “design system”.
IAAD focuses on filling the distance between students and job opportunities (end of year thesis developments in partnerships with Italian and international firms, forming internships, creation of public exhibitions). The institute is recognised as an important reference point for the firms that are looking for highly qualified professionals in design. Our aim is to guide the best students in their first steps towards their professional future.