North Georgia School of Ballet:
Located in Sandy Springs, a northern suburb of Atlanta, Fulton County, GA, and formed in 2011, the North Georgia School of Ballet (NGSB) offers a positive, nurturing environment to meet your every dance need. Classes are offered for kids (from ages 3 years +) to teen / adults in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Creative Movement, Pointe & Variations. As well as Sandy Springs, North Georgia School of Ballet serves Dunwoody (DeKalb County), Marietta (Cobb County), and Roswell (Fulton County), GA.
Dance Classes (Kids, Teens & Adults):
Children’s Ballet Programs:
- Creative Movement (Ages 3-5; no prior experience necessary): This class is specifically designed to increase motor skills and self-awareness in 3 to 5 year olds through simple dance movement and songs. Creative Movement provides an age-appropriate, educational, and fun introduction to ballet and movement and helps the young dancer develop coordination and self-expression in a positive, nurturing environment.
- Combination Ballet / Tap: Combo (Ages 4-6; one year of CM required unless the student has reached 6 years of age): Combo is a one-half hour ballet and one-half hour tap class uniquely designed for 4 to 6 year olds as an introduction to the beginning disciplines of dance.This class provides an introduction to ballet and tap while increasing the student’s physical mobility and self-awareness through an age-appropriate, fun curriculum. (Combo requires at least one year of Creative Movement, dance, or gymnastics unless the student has reached six years of age or otherwise approved by the director.)
Pre-Level Dance Classes:
- Pre-Ballet (Ages 7-9): Pre-Ballet combines technical instruction with fun and games to teach young dancers the fundamentals of ballet in an enjoyable, yet structured, environment. This class is designed to provide the young student with a solid foundation in ballet technique while fostering an early appreciation and love of ballet.
1 hour weekly class – $60 per month / Each additional weekly class – $48 per month
- Pre-Jazz (Ages 7-9): Pre-Jazz classes are designed to introduce young students to Jazz and lyrical forms of dance in an environment that nurtures creative expression and self-awareness. Pre-Jazz keeps children moving to fun, upbeat music and helps kindle a joy and enthusiasm for all forms of dance.
Ballet provides dancers with a strong foundation for all other dance forms and is the most beneficial form of dance for body placement. Ballet introduces young dancers to the fundamental terms and techniques of dance and is critical for all dancers to establish and maintain proper form. North Georgia School of Ballet follows the Russion, or Vaganova, method of training in Ballet technique. Ballet classes consist of intensive barre exercises, center work involving both allegro (quick) and adagio (slow) combinations, and conclude with grand allegro combinations done across the floor.
Students will become fluent in Ballet terminology and will have a higher understanding of basic Ballet principles and technique. Ballet is highly recommended for students wishing to improve their technique and to grow and progress to more advanced levels of dance.
* Students taking Ballet level I are strongly encouraged to take two ballet technique classes a week if the student wishes to progress to more advanced classes.
* Students taking Ballet levels II and III are required to take two ballet technique classes a week.
- Ballet I: Beginning Level Ballet (Ages 9-12)
- Ballet II: Intermediate Level Ballet (Ages 10-14. Requires at least one year of ballet training and approval from the director)
- Ballet III: Advanced Level Ballet (Ages 12 and up. Requires approval from the director)
- Pointe I: Beginning Level Pointe (Students aged 11 and up will be placed in this class following director evaluation. Students must take at least two ballet technique classes per week.)
- Pointe II: Pointe and Variations (Students will be placed in this class following director evaluation. Students must take at least two advanced ballet technique classes per week.)
Jazz classes offer students instruction in the latest jazz styles and techniques. Jazz is a contemporary form of dance that ranges from lyrical to more upbeat, stylish dance forms. Our jazz classes offer a fusion of the latest hip hop styles, classic jazz styles, and contemporary dance forms. Jazz is a versatile form of dance that uses popular music and keeps dancers moving!
Our Jazz classes involve intensive strengthening warm ups, stretching techniques to increase flexibility, across the floor movements including leaps, turns and fun combinations, and center choreography set to popular, upbeat music. Students will gain strength, flexibility and appreciation for various dance forms while having a whole lot of fun!
- Jazz I: Beginning Level Jazz (Ages 9-12)
- Jazz II: Intermediate Level Jazz (Ages 10-14. Requires one year of previous Jazz experience or previous experience and approval from the director.)
- Jazz III: Advanced Level Jazz (Ages 12 and up. Requires approval from the director.)
Tap is a percussive style of dance in which dancers create various rhythms on the floor using special shoes. A typical Tap class includes an intensive warm up, center instruction, upbeat exercises including turns and traveling steps across the floor, and center choreography to new, upbeat music. Students taking this class gain rhythm, technical skill, coordination, and knowledge of Tap terminology.
- Tap I (Ages 7-12)
- Tap II (Ages 11-14. Requires one year of Tap I or previous experience and approval of the director.)
Modern Dance Classes:
Modern dance involves a contemporary lyrical form of movement. Our classes offer training in Horton, Graham, and Limon techniques. Modern classes involve extensive warm up exercises designed to strengthen the dancer while improving flexibility, quick center exercises designed to improve balance and technique, a variety of challenging across the floor exercises, and original choreography set to a diverse musical selections.
- Modern I: Beginning Level Modern (Ages 8-12)
- Modern II: Intermediate Level Modern (Ages 10-14. Requires at least one year of Beginning Level Modern or previous experience and approval from the director.)
- Modern III: Advanced Level Modern (Ages 12 and up. Requires approval from the director.)
Hip Hop Classes:
Our Hip-Hop classes include exercises to increase strength, flexibility and coordination, leaps, turns and combinations in the center and original choreography to popular, upbeat, age-appropriate music. This class gets the body moving and the heart pumping while enhancing coordination and increasing strength and flexibility. Dancers will benefit from an intense workout while having a great time and learning fun, new choreography.
Teen / Adult Dance Classes:
- Introduction to Ballet for Teens and Adults (Ages 14 and up): A class for teenaged and adult students who wish to learn the basic principles of ballet technique and to improve coordination, posture, flexibility and health. This class offers an introduction to ballet technique in a relaxed, positive environment.
- Ballet Technique for Teens and Adults (Ages 14 and up): This class is for teenaged and adult students with prior ballet training who wish to enhance their technique, improve their health, or just have fun! This class offers fun and challenging barre and center exercises and students will learn variations from several classical ballets including Giselle, Swan Lake, and The Nutcracker.
- Introduction to Jazz for Teens and Adults (Ages 14 and up): A class for teenaged and adult students who wish to learn the basic principles of Jazz technique. This class keeps students moving to upbeat music while improving strength and flexibility, but mostly it lets students cut loose and have fun!
- Teen Adult Jazz (Ages 14 and up): This class is for teenaged and adult students with previous Jazz experience who wish to enhance their technique, strength, and flexibility while learning new choreography in a positive, fun environment.
- Teen / Adult Tap (Ages 14 and up): A class for teenaged and adult students who wish to learn the fundamentals of Tap in a fun, positive environment.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 7740 Roswell Road, Suite 400, 30350, Atlanta, Georgia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.