Makeup classes, cosmetology, hair courses in New York City: Hair cutting school in Nassau County, Long Island & Bronx NY. Beauty courses, nail tech career training programs, professional make-up artist classes in Hempstead area, Long Island.
Brittany Beauty School, Levittown & Bronx: With locations in Levittown (Nassau County, Long Island) and The Bronx, Brittany Beauty School provides dedicated beauty career training courses which include the latest techniques in Hairdressing & Cosmetology, Nail Technology, and Make-Up Artistry.
Hairdressing & Cosmetology: Duration: 1000 hours The licensed professional cosmetologist is in great demand. Our graduates have been recognized by professionals in the industry for over 40 years. Course modules include:
- Anatomy and Physiology - Chemical Restructuring - Chemistry as Applied to Cosmetology - Hair Analysis - Hair Coloring & Lightening - Hair Cutting & Shaping - Hair & Scalp Disorders and Diseases - Hair Styling - Nail Care & Procedures - Professional Requirements - Safety & Health - Shampoos, Rinses, Conditioners & Treatments - Skin Care & Procedures
Nail Technology: Duration: 250 hours The many disciplines in our Nail Technology program will further your personal creativity and career direction as a Nail Technician or Nail Artist. Modules include:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Nail, Hand,Arm, Foot and Leg - Bacteria and Infectious Diseases; Nail, Foot, Skin Disorders and Diseases - Client Consultation - Gel Nails - Liquid and Powder Nail Extensions - Manicuring and Hand/Arm Massage - Methods of Infection Control - Nail Art - Nail Wraps - Pedicuring - Tip Application and Design
Fashion & Glamour Make-Up: This exciting and comprehensive, in-depth course will help you understand basic make-up application along with the following disciplines:
Cosmetology Refresher Course: This course was designed to improve the skills of a licensed professional or better prepare those who are about to be certified. Participants must have completed a cosmetology course and/or be a licensed professional cosmetologist.
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes (home study) for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
Located in the Chelsea district of Manhattan, Swedish Institute is a healthcare career training institute that provides a range of allied health Degree and Certificate programs. Our mission is to educate students to become skilled, ethical, culturally competent and compassionate massage therapists, nurses, personal trainers and allied health professionals serving the diverse communities of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
Swedish Institute is a premier multi-specialty health educational institution, using its nearly 100-year tradition of excellence in the education of massage therapists to inform education and training in diverse areas of health practice.
Our students benefit from programs based on a holistic and integrative approach to health and wellness that meet or exceed the rigorous requirements of programmatic accreditation.
Located in Midtown NYC, The Manhattan Institute is an Allied Health & Nursing Career school offering fully-accredited, short-term certificate and diploma programs.
The Manhattan Institute is also a New York State official testing site. This entitles our graduates to take State exams at our school as soon as they complete their training.
Our school specializes in short-term training of: Medical Billers, Phlebotomy Technicians, Pharmacy Technicians, Certified Nurse's Assistants, EKG Technicians, Nurse Technicians, and Dialysis Technicians and we do it right.
We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Our tuition is low and you can pay as you go. All students receive a diploma and life time placement advisement upon graduation.
The Manhattan Institute is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). The Manhattan Institute is the school which would like to give you the opportunity to improve your stature, qualify for gainful employment, and receive all the benefits which go along with being an Allied Health Worker.
"I am proof that it is never too late to go back to school. The Manhattan Institute is a very “hands-on” facility. From your first day to your last day of class, the staff helps you pursue your career. I definitely recommend the Manhattan Institute if you are interested in a medical career."
- Stacey, MEDICAL BILLER
ASA College in downtown Brooklyn and midtown Manhattan New York City, is an accredited career college offering certificate and associate degree programs in computers, healthcare, business and criminal justice. ASA can prepare you for industry certification by today's most-respected leaders, including Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and the American Association of Medical Assistants.
Our mission at ASA is to prepare you for the challenges of today's competitive job market, we help you do this with our free lifetime job placement assistance for all our graduates.
ASA Institute is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. ASA Institute is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the Associate of Occupational Studies and the Associate in Applied Science degrees. Our degree and certificate programs are registered by the State Education Department.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges, located in the heart of the Fingerlakes in Geneva, Upstate New York, are small, liberal arts colleges offering Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Master of Arts in Teaching degree programs. The Colleges are an accredited university, as recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. At Hobart and William Smith there are no limits to what you can explore and who you can become.
With more than 40 majors and 60 minors to choose from, abroad programs on every continent except Antarctica, and literally thousands of available internships, the options for personalizing a program of study at HWS are virtually limitless.
The Colleges also have joint degree programs in engineering, business and architecture with some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country including Columbia University, Dartmouth College and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- Architectural Studies
- Arts and Education
- Computer Science
- Critical Social Studies
- Environmental Studies
- European Studies
- Health Professions
- Media and Society
- Political Science
- Pre-Law Program
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Master of Arts in Teaching
& many more ...
Berkeley College is a private higher education institution offering accredited Associate and Bachelor degree programs specializing in business and professional studies. Berkeley College is located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, and has six other locations in New York State and New Jersey State, plus an online college. Berkeley's diverse programs of study, multi-cultural student body and seven locations offer international students wonderful opportunities that are hard to find at other American colleges and universities.
For more than 75 years, students from all over the world have prepared for rewarding careers at Berkeley College and enjoyed all that the New York City area has to offer.
All Berkeley New York and New Jersey campuses are regionally accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and are approved by their respective State Departments of Education, and are authorized to confer the Bachelor degree and the Associate degree.
Bachelor Degree Programs:
- Business Administration (BBA)
- General Business
- Management -- Human Resources
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Fashion Marketing and Management
Associate Degree Programs:
- International Business
- Paralegal Studies
- Information Systems Management
- Web Design
- Network Management
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Interior Design