Learn English in Canada: ESL school in Halifax NS offering TOEFL & IELTS exam prep courses. Business ESL programs with internships for international students, private English teacher for beginner, intermediate & advanced level. ESL homestay program - live with a host family in Canada.
East Coast School of Languages, Halifax: ECSL is an independent Quality English ESL school for adults owned and managed by ESL instructors since 1998. The school caters to motivated students who want to work hard to achieve academic excellence and personal success. ECSL is located in downtown Halifax. Most students are surprised to find such bright colours in a school. They love the warm atmosphere and enjoy relaxing and studying in our spacious student lounge.
Beginner to Advanced Level English Language (ESL) Programs:
- English for Communication (EC) EC is for students who want to achieve fluency in speaking and listening skills. EC, our general English program, is available for students of all levels. When students reach ECSL’s Level 300 they can choose between Dynamic Speaking, where they improve speaking skills through role plays, debates, discussion and interviews, or Creative English where they have fun with English through 4 themes: English and Food, English and Art, English and Media, and English and Music. Each theme lasts for 6 weeks.
- International Business English (IBE) IBE is for students who need professional English skills for their business or personal life.
IBEC and IBED students learn English through a business focus. The Certificate (IBEC) program is 12 weeks (300 hours) The Diploma (IBED) program is 24 weeks (600 hours).
Students study business language skills and also work on projects using a variety of business sources and covering 4 main themes: Communication; Marketing & Sales; International Business; and the Working World.
Students can start the IBE program in Level 300. Study and Work internships are available.
- Study & Work Program The Study and Work program is for students who want to develop their English fluency and gain valuable experience by participating in a work placement in a Canadian company. Upon completion of the International Business English Certificate (IBEC), and after being successful in a job interview, students are placed in unpaid positions with well-established Canadian companies to practice their English skills in a real life setting.
Students are also welcome to find their own paid or unpaid work placements.
50/50 Program Concept According to Canadian Immigration, students must study a minimum of 50% of their time in class and can work for the remaining 50%. The study portion must be complete before beginning the work placement.
•The minimum length of the program at ECSL is 6 months (3 months International Business English Certificate followed by 3 months unpaid work placement).
•The maximum length of the program at ECSL is 1 year (6 months International Business English Diploma followed by 6 months of unpaid work placement).
Study and Work students must possess both a valid study permit and a work permit for the entire program duration. Contact our Recruitment Officer for further information.- University
Achievement Pathway (UAP) The UAP program is intensive and is designed as solid preparation for university success. Students can start UAP in Level 200 allowing them plenty of time to develop and master the skills they need for university study.
- Exam Preparation(EP) There are two options available for Exam Preparation (EP)
EP - IELTS + UAP is a full-time program for students who require an exam score to attend a Masters program, an ECSL partner university or any other English-speaking university. Students study IELTS + UAP which will provide both IELTS preparation and the university study-skills needed to succeed at an English-speaking university. EP - IELTS + UAP is available to students who have an Academic IELTS score of 5.5 or higher or who have successfully completed ECSL’s Level 300.
EP - TOEFL is a full-time program for students who want to improve their English in Canada while also studying to take a TOEFL exam, either in Halifax or in their home country. TOEFL students study general English skills and test-taking skills to achieve their required TOEFL score. Students can start TOEFL in Level 300.
-Teaching English to Young Learners The Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) program is for ESL students who wish to achieve a certificate for teaching children overseas. This 4-week (100-hour) program is usually offered twice a year.
The program will give you the tools, the experience, and the edge to be competitive in the expanding market of teaching English to children.
Contact our Recruitment Officer for more detailed information about this program.
- Homestay Program (live with a local Canadian family) We strongly suggest our students participate in the Homestay program. Living with a Canadian family is the best way for you to improve your English, learn about our culture and adapt to a new life in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Homestay Program's objective is to provide you with a warm welcome to Canada and lots of support while you adjust to a new culture.
Our homestay families are carefully chosen by our Accommodations Coordinator. Our families live in safe residential neighbourhoods within a 40 to 50 minute bus ride.
• Kaplan International is a world leader in English education and has been teaching English as a foreign language to students and professionals since 1967.
• Our modern English language school is located in Downtown Toronto, and offers a wide range of exam preparation and English courses for students of all levels. University placement services are also available to help you advance your academic or professional career.
• Choose from a comprehensive selection of English courses in Toronto at our English school. We welcome students of all levels, and have courses of varying lengths and levels of intensity. You can also personalise your courses to match your language goals through electives and supplementary study sessions.
• Kaplan International’s language school in Toronto is accredited by Languages Canada. Join Kaplan International Toronto, and achieve your language goals today.
Student Review: ”When I got to Toronto two months ago I couldn't understand anything and today my listening is so much better! I can speak with people from all over the world and understand them.” - Diogo
English Language Courses: Beginner to Advanced Levels
• General English
• Intensive English
• General & Intensive English Academic Year or Semester
• Vacation English
• Business English for professionals
• Cambridge Exam Prep (FCE, CAE, CPE)
• IELTS Exam Preparation
• TOEFL & Academic English courses
• Homestay program with local Canadian host family
Study English in beautiful Vancouver, Canada at International House Vancouver (IHV)!
We provide quality English language courses to international students (adults, teenagers, and children) from around the world. Taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals, our accredited programs are truly unique in the flexibility that we offer to our students.
In addition to our English courses for beginners to advanced learners, we offer ESL teacher training programs.
The school is accredited by the International House World Organisation and Languages Canada, both quality organizations assuring that their members adhere to the highest standards in teaching English as a foreign language.
Our wide range of ESL programs includes General English, IELTS & TOEFL test preparation, university pathway program, Business English classes, private English lessons, working holiday programs, and junior programs for children and teenagers.
With its scenic views, mild climate and friendly people Vancouver is consistently ranked as one of the top places to live in the world.
It offers outstanding outdoor adventures and while the city itself, located at sea-level, is known for temperate climate, the surrounding mountains are covered in snow making it perfect for winter sports and breath taking views.
Student Testimonial: "It`s the perfect place to learn English! Definitely the best school in Vancouver!!!"
• General English (beginner to upper advanced levels)
• Elective English courses
• Exam Preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, PET, FCE, CAE & CPE
• Business English
• Private & semi-private tutoring
• University Pathway Program / English for Academic Purposes
• Programs for Working Holiday Visa Holders
• Junior Summer & Winter Programs
• Programs for adults 50+
• Homestudy Program (Live and study in your teacher’s home)
• TESL Certificate & CELTA English Teacher Training...
Located in the heart of downtown London, Ontario Canada. London Language Institute (LLI) prides itself on offering quality ESL programs in a unique beautiful environment. LLI located in a modern building in downtown London. Our location is close to many restaurants, shopping, parks, and museums. LLI is also close to many bus routes, which allows students to travel home easily and quickly. London Language Institute assists students with all their academic and accommodation needs. Small class sizes ensure each student is reaching their maximum potential. Special offers are offered throughout the year.
Metropolitan College in downtown Toronto, Ontario offers Specialized English Language programs (ESL) for international and Canadian students. Our English courses are ideal for professional preparation, academic preparation or personal enrichment.
You can purchase block packages of 5, 10, 20 or 40 classes. Classes are available 7 days a week (mornings, afternoons and evenings) at our Toronto campus. All programs are results-focused, preparing students to become successful communicators.
All classes are small, and we ensure that you receive the attention you need to achieve your goals. Our small classes also give you more opportunity to participate in conversation, and begin to communicate more easily from the very first day!
Metropolitan College is located on The Danforth, one of the most vibrant areas of downtown Toronto. Just steps from the Pape subway station, it is easily accessible. The College is surrounded by many welcoming restaurants, distinctive shops, lively bars and pubs, entertaining theater, lounges featuring live music and trendy cafes.
- Full Time ESL program
- iSpeak ENGLISH! (a unique course that helps you improve all skills while focusing on speaking)
- Full-time IELTS test preparation course
- Business English / Corporate training classes
Classes are purchased in blocks of 5, 10, 20, or 40 - available on-campus in the morning, afternoon & evening.
English Pronunciation training
Private English lessons (including for TOEFL test prep, MELAB / TOEIC test prep, Cambridge ESOL exam prep, customized English conversation classes..)
SPEAC International Language Institute is a high quality English language school conveniently located in Toronto, Southern Ontario, Canada. Our institute offers a wide range of ESL (English as a Second Language) programs for all levels to both Canadian and international students. SPEAC is the dynamic way to study and learn English with students using Apple iPads in a highly interactive classroom environment.
We provide interactive programs that reflect the SPEAC methodology of teaching communication. The iPad class is an interactive environment, delivering innovative teaching. Small interactive classes which are culturally diverse, allow for personal attention and intensive practice, and are conducted by highly qualified teachers with both personal dedication and professional expertise.
Today's professionals worldwide face an environment that requires advanced communication skills in the English language. A person's ability to communicate confidently in English immediately raises his / her potential for personal and professional development.
Our institute offers modern facilities and is situated at a major subway station in mid-town Toronto, with easy access to all areas of the city.
English language programs for all levels (Beginner to advanced). We offer advanced teaching for superior learning:
- ESL Fundamentals (Grammar, Conversation, Reading & Writing & more...)
- ESL Business + Internship placements
- ESL Professional Development
- ESL Corporate
- TOEFL & IELTS English language exam preparation courses
- Oral presentations preparation
- Homestay program with a local family
We also offer training beyond language, appropriate to cultural, professional or academic requirements.
• Improve your English language ability, increase your English exam scores, and achieve your language learning goals with Focus Education Centre of Canada.
• Situated in central Mississauga, just 20 minutes west of Downtown Toronto, we provide a range of English language exam preparation courses, including IELTS and CELPIP.
• Intensive (30 hours per week), full-time (20 hours), and part time (10 hours) study options are available for all of our English exam preparation programs.
• We specialize in group IELTS preparation. Our IELTS program will help you build the strategies and skills you need in order to succeed on the day of your exam.
• We also provide a Focus English course for beginner to advanced level students. This is a general English program that increases your proficiency through classes on speaking, listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, and grammar.
• We prepare our students to succeed on the day of their English language proficiency exam. The skills and strategies needed to get a high mark are covered in-depth, every day of the course.
Student Review: "I really recommend this Centre for people in Ontario. Excellent helpful administration. Nice environment full of positive energy." - Haleem, Canada
English Language Exam Preparation Courses: Intensive, Full-time & Part-time study options
• IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
• CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program)
General English Course: • Focus English (Beginner to advanced)
IT / Administration Programs: • Quick Books (Hands On Training)
• Microsoft Office & Microsoft Windows
• Business Analyst
• Big Data
• SAP FICO
• Canadian Residency Application Prep (CARMs)
• Flight Attendant Training