Honolulu Waldorf School:
The Honolulu Waldorf School (HWS), located on the island of Oahu in the State of Hawaii, is a coeducational, independent school offering Pre-K through twelfth grade programs. Based on the educational insights of Dr. Rudolf Steiner, Waldorf education is the fastest-growing independent educational movement in the world, with more than 1,000 Waldorf schools on six continents. Honolulu Waldorf School supports each child in his or her intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual development by offering a curriculum that integrates academic, practical, experiential, and artistic work.
Honolulu Waldorf School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America, and a member of the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools. HWS is a member of the Interscholastic League of Honolulu. Many athletes also participate through the Pac-Five team, and teams with other small schools.
In each student, the Honolulu Waldorf School seeks to develop a healthy balance of the following capacities:
- Intellectual flexibility, independent thinking, and an unquenchable curiosity, all supported by a strong foundation of academic achievement
- A strong and creative imagination
- The ability to reflect inwardly in a careful and thoughtful manner
- The social skills and understanding necessary to live compassionately, responsibly, and with moral courage in the community of humanity
- Aloha ‘aina for our island home, and a feeling of stewardship and caring for the earth
- Joy in the ability to express her/himself through a variety of artistic experiences
- A healthy, coordinated, and active physical body
Honolulu Waldorf School strives to provide an education that fosters in each child a sense of meaning and purpose in life, and the confidence to meet his or her individual destiny.
- Parent Child Program
- Early Childhood (Morning Nursery – Kindergarten)
- The Lower School (Grades 1 through 5)
- The Middle School (Grades 6 through 8)
- The High School (Grades 9 through 12)
- Special Subjects
- Summer Program
- International Program
- Art, Science, Mathematics, History, Literacy, Foreign Language, Music...
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 350 Ulua Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.