Honolulu Waldorf School: The Honolulu Waldorf School (HWS), located on the island of Oahu in the State of Hawaii, is a coeducational, independent school offering Pre-K through twelfth grade programs. Based on the educational insights of Dr. Rudolf Steiner, Waldorf education is the fastest-growing independent educational movement in the world, with more than 1,000 Waldorf schools on six continents.
The original Nursery through Grade 8 school is on a beautiful monkey pod tree-shaded campus in Honolulu’s Niu Valley. The expanded High School moved this school year to its permanent home on a lovely nearby oceanfront property in Aina Haina, Hawaii.
Founded in 1949, Hawaii Preparatory Academy (HPA) is one of the premier independent, co-educational college-preparatory boarding and day schools in the Pacific Region offering a full range of academic and extracurricular opportunities for 575 students in Grades K-12. The school is located in Waimea on two campuses encompassing 228 acres in the heart of world-famous Parker Ranch on the Big Island of Hawaii.
HPA offers a boarding option for students in Grades 6-12, and draws its diverse student body from the Hawaiian Islands, 16 other states and U.S. territories, and 12 other countries. HPA is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
HPA features many unique courses and activities (marine science field studies, sea turtle research, scuba certification, and more) that make use of Hawaii's geographical setting and give students a strong sense of Hawai'i and its culture. Offerings also include programs in the visual and performing arts as well as a successful Upper School interscholastic athletic program that stresses school-wide participation and teaches the values of sportsmanship and fair play.
Ho`ala is a small, independent, college-preparatory non-sectarian school for Krades K-12 that is nationally recognized as a model for character education. Established in 1986, Ho`ala was founded by Sr. Joan Madden who combined her own faith in humanity with studies in Adlerian psychology and the ideas of professional educators and spiritual thinkers to create Ho`ala School. Today, Ho`ala remains a community of people who embrace character development as the cornerstone of life-long learning.
Located in the heart of Wahiawa in Central Oahu, Honolulu County, Ho`ala School is an effective, small, caring, vibrant learning community serving 120 students, K-12. Ho`ala students succeed academically and personally because of the school's unique focus on character education. Ho`ala has consciously designed the school's implicit curriculum to encourage students, parents, and teachers in learning habits of: Personal dignity, cooperation for the good of the whole, and effective action.
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Odysseyware Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
Oogie Art is the World's No.1 art portfolio preparatory school based on college and art award results alone. We are located in Manhattan, NY, Boston & Lexington, MA, and Shanghai, China.
Every year, we have help students gain admission with scholarships to their 1st choice colleges and universities.
These are the results from 2018:
2 students accepted from Harvard
1 student from Stanford, MIT, Yale
3 students from Cornell
2 students from Columbia University
+ and many more from SVA, RISD, Parsons, and Pratt.
The results of this year's 2019 for Early Action and Decision:
1 student accepted to Harvard
2 students accepted to Cornell
At Oogie, students will build college prep skills and develop diverse portfolios with varying levels of experience. Our rigorous classes hone student's technical skills in a range of media, as well as develop an extraordinary body of their own frameworks because our students follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their individual needs, goals and most immediate deadlines.
Class scheduling is extremely flexible - students register by the semester or year.
1. Art Portfolio Prep Program: Gr. 7-12 & Transfer
2. Junior Program: Grade 7-8
3. Art HS or Boarding School Art Portfolio and Audition Prep Program: Gr. 7-8
4. Young Talent program: Gr.4-6
5. AP Studio Art Program: Gr. 10-12
6. Foundation Program: Gr. 7 and Up
7. Curating and Art Research Program
8. Art College Counseling Service
- Perspective Drawing & Painting
- Figure Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Mixed Media & Collage
- Group Crits
- Film & Animation
- Fashion Design
- Business of Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Art
- Installation Art