Special needs schools in Houston TX area: Private school for kids with learning disabilities in League City TX. Elementary, middle & high school programs for children with dyslexia, autism, ADD & Aspergers, learning disorders close to Friendswood, Dickinson, Galveston/ Harris County, Pearland, Brazoria County TX..
Excellent Minds Academy: Excellent Minds Academy is a non-profit private school in League City TX, within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. The school caters to students with learning disorders and disabilities from 2nd through 12th Grade. We provide individual, group and computer based curriculum and encourage students to express their Excellent Minds. We believe that every child deserves an 'Excellent' education, and our goal is to provide this education no matter the economic status of the household.
Elementary School 2nd Grade through 12th Grade Programs: Designed for alternative learners from with disorders and learning disabilities such as:
Situated in Pearland in Brazoria County TX, Crossing Borders provides quality Spanish and Mandarin bilingual preschool programs for toddlers and young children (ages 2-5 years). Our Spanish & Mandarin immersion programs run for 2, 3, or 5 days a week. All options are full-day programs.
Children in our preschool programs learn through age-appropriate music, games, and activities. Most importantly, they have fun and love these classes!
Children taking part in our language immersion programs enjoy the best of both worlds: bilingualism and high-quality education. They participate in traditional preschool activities with a teacher who delivers the majority of instruction in the target language with minimal English support.
Your child learns their target language in the natural way, picking up words and phrases as they participate in fun and engaging activities.
We also have learning centers in south-central Houston (Rice Village), Katy (West Houston) and Spring / The Woodlands (North Houston).
Parent Testimonial: “Great teacher very thorough and willing to teach my son. He is very happy to come to her class and he's learning much more than our expectations. We are happy with the results.” - Benny
Located in Austin, Texas, House of Tutors provides personalized, one-on-one tutoring to K-12 students, college and graduate students. In addition, we offer specialized tutoring programs for students with learning disabilities and those who require remedial instruction as well as programs for gifted students.
We provide tutoring in a wide range of subjects as well as test preparation and strategies for GRE, SAT, LSAT and GMAT exams, study skills training, time management and English as a Second Language (ESL).
Our expansive facilities in Austin are conveniently located near major universities and schools. We also offer tutoring in your home, at your school, or in after-school facilities, libraries and community centers.
Our students are successful because we provide individualized and one-on-one tutoring and guidance. Our highly-trained instructors are selected for their expertise in a subject as well as their passion for teaching and delight in participating in a student’s success. Students are matched with instructors based on their individual needs.
In addition, we provide educational services for business professionals, namely providing classes, programs, and seminars on presentation skills and cultural skills; and vocational courses for paralegal, nursing and business skills.
Student Testimonial: "House of Tutors is the absolute best tutoring company by far. I started going to them for help with AP high school classes, and they were amazing." - Luigi
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Odysseyware Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
Located in the Houston Heights area just north of Downtown Houston TX, The New School in the Heights is a private, special needs school for K-8th Grade children with ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Sensory Integration, selective mutism, reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and other diagnoses where children struggle with social-emotional issues.
Although we are not exclusively a private school for gifted children, many of our students are gifted and talented as G/T children tend to struggle with emotions they have not yet learned to manage. Our goal for all students is to return to mainstream education.
Our mission is to provide an alternative educational experience for children with good or superior intelligence whose social-emotional delays interfere with success in school and life. New School in the Heights is accredited by TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools).
Fort Worth Save Our Children, located on the south-east side of Fort Worth in North Central Texas, is a daycare facility and private school offering programs to children ages 6 months to 13 years old. From it's beginnings as a daycare facility in a tiny rented house, Save Our Children has grown to a facility housed in three buildings and serving over 100 young people.
The hard work and dedication of the Save Our Children staff has resulted in toddlers that recognize and write alphabets and numbers, kindergartners who are able to read and perform mathematical tasks above grade, as well as first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders who typically excel one to two years beyond their peers academically.
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Saint Joseph Academy is a Roman Catholic co-educational college-preparatory school owned and operated by the Marist Brothers of the Schools and offering programs for students in Grades 7-12. In addition to college prep SAT and ACT, honors and advanced placement courses we provide the Champagnat Learning Center, a program that addresses the needs of those students who have been identified as having learning disabilities, have passed the Saint Joseph Academy entrance exam, and who also have the ability to meet the demands of a rigorous college preparatory education.
Founded in 1865, Saint Joseph Academy is an important part of the southernmost tip of Texas community. Serving the children of the lower Rio Grande Valley, Saint Joseph Academy endeavors to form young men and women who will succeed in university studies. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as well as the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department, and holds memberships in the National Association for College Admission Counseling and the Texas Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Programs from grade 7 to 12
- Middle School
- Upper School
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, business, computer science, fine arts, mathematics, physical education, religious studies, science, social studies
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Learning Center for talented students with learning disabilities
- Special English Courses for new students with limited English language skills