Private schools in Houston area TX: Private high schools, elementary schools, middle schools, preschools in Houston TX, child care programs, day care centers, after school services, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools in Harris County & Greater Houston metro area..
Parliament Tutors offers private tutoring in all subjects, and standardized tests across every grade level throughout the 17 school districts and colleges in Houston, TX. No matter the subject area, tutoring can provide tremendous benefit to a student. Tutoring enables an individual student to jump into an interactive learning system where they are the center of attention, and are able to ask a question at any time. With a tutor, you are the entire classroom, and your individual success is the class’ only objective.
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in the Houston area for your child?
• Conveniently located in Rice Village, just five minutes from Downtown Houston, Crossing Borders provides beginner to advanced level Spanish language classes for kids ages 18 months to 12 years.
• Courses include including Spanish immersion preschool, Spanish kindergarten, year-round Spanish classes, and Spanish summer / spring / winter camps.
• We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our students through bilingualism, and our age-appropriate teaching means that you or your child can learn Spanish in a fun and effective way.
• Our classes place an emphasis on conversation and small groups; allowing students plenty of opportunity to practice and excel. Students are taught by trained and experienced native speakers who conduct lessons exclusively in Spanish. All of our instructors are college-educated, and many hold masters degrees.
Parent Review: "My son is only 4 but he is already reading basic Spanish sentences, and it has proven invaluable to my son’s Spanish fluency that she always insists her students ONLY speak Spanish in her classroom." - Elizabeth
• Conveniently situated in Rice Village in south-central Houston (close to Downtown), Crossing Borders is a leading year-round provider of foreign language classes and summer camps for kids.
• We offer summer language camps for preschoolers and school students in Spanish, French, Chinese, and English.
• Our summer language immersion programs are held in June, July, and August.
• Kids are grouped by age and also by competency. Whether your child is a complete beginner, or at a more advanced level, they will be placed in the group that best suits their needs, and that they find challenging.
• We are committed to the success of each student, and to helping them to reach their full potential! You will be amazed at how much your child will progress in a short space of time on our innovative programs!
Parent Review: “I can't say enough about the management and teachers at Crossing Borders. It's much easier to go to work in the mornings knowing that my son is well taken care of in my absence." - Heidi (Sebastian’s mom)
The Kinkaid School is a non-sectarian, college preparatory day school located in Houston in Harris County, Texas, enrolling a total of 1,280 boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through to 12th. Kinkaid's students range in age from four years to eighteen years. The school has three divisions: Lower School (Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, and grades 1-4); Middle School (grades 5-8); and Upper School (grades 9-12).
Each school division has its own faculty, classrooms, and separate identity, and each has a specific educational plan for nurturing its students. The divisions are unified through educational ideals that characterize Kinkaid and determine its policies.
Located in Houston in Harris County, TX, Awty International School is a private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school offering programs from preschool through to 12th grade. We are unique among Houston's private schools in that our multi-national student body and strong language programs provide a multi-cultural experience not available elsewhere. Each student takes a second language, English, French or Spanish. We also offer native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic & Dutch.
We offer students two academic programs: A traditional American college preparatory curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate or the French Baccalaureate. Students in both International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs must meet the requirements for an American high school diploma which includes credits in fine arts, computer science and American history.
Awty International School is accredited by the Council for International Schools (C.I.S). With 50 nationalities in our student body, our students learn from each other about countries around the world. There simply is no other school in Houston which offers these unique opportunities.
College Preparatory Curriculum for Children in Preschool through 12th Grade:
- Leading to the International Baccalaureate or French Baccalaureate:
- International Section
- French Section
- Primary, Middle and Upper Schools
- All students take a second language - English, French or Spanish
- Native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Dutch
- Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, foreign Language, computer science, P.E. and fine arts
Excellent Minds Academy is a non-profit private school in League City TX, within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. The school caters to students with learning disorders and disabilities from elementary school 2nd Grade through 12th Grade. At Excellent Minds Academy, we are committed to educating our students in a supportive and comfortable learning environment.
Each student is assessed individually so their education is tailored to their needs. Our online curriculum gives each student the opportunity to progress at their own pace. We aim to help our students academically as well as socially. By joining our program, students will become more confident and self-assured.
Located just 8 miles west of downtown Houston, and servicing the entire Houston & Harris County areas, Trinity Classical School is a college-preparatory Christian school that offers hybrid on-campus and in-home classes for children from Pre-K through 6th Grade. On-campus classes meet two days per week (Monday and Wednesday), with at-home learning occurring on the alternate days. We use the Classical curriculum and a University-style approach, and aim to instill excellence of character by integrating Christ-centered, biblical principles as a part of each subject.
The school's curriculum is formed around a group of classes called the "Classical Core," which includes Language Arts, History, Science, and Math. The Classical Core is a full-day program that meets two days per week. We use proven content and methods for teaching that align with a child's natural developmental stages.
Students attend class with professional teachers on Monday and Wednesday, and then receive detailed at-home assignments to complete under the guidance of parents. This allows parents to participate in the instruction of their children and also gradually prepares students for a university environment.
Kinsmen Lutheran School in Houston in Harris County, TX, prides itself on teaching excellent Christian morals and values through it's preschool and kindergarten programs. We use a Christian-based curriculum that focuses on core fundamental studies. Kinsmen Lutheran School is a licensed childcare provider by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Our class ratios are exceptional. Our kindergarten class has a 10-1 ratio, while our 1st grade class boasts a 12-1 ratio. We take monthly field trips, Wednesday Chapel, music, sign language and Spanish classes. Kinsmen is dedicated to building children’s self-esteem, promoting self-reliance, providing Christian nurturing and enriching your child’s experiences in an educational environment.
Children have opportunities to experience learning centers, music and movement, arts & crafts, language development and stimulation, science and the study of God’s word. Manipulative play, a fenced playground, indoor gym, dramatic play, sand and water play and sharing time, as well as Chapel time and field trips are offered for preschoolers.
Kinsmen is a congregation of the ELCA (The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).
19.Little Angels Playhouse Child Development Centers / Day Care, Houston
Courses / Programs
Since 1994, the founder of Little Angels Playhouse has been providing excellence in educational early childhood development and has created one of the leading daycare centers in The Woodlands / Spring / 1488 Magnolia Texas areas, about 20 miles north of Houston, TX. At Little Angels Playhouse, we offer full-time and part-time programs, drop in care, mom's day out programs, Spanish immersion programs, dance classes and little picassos classes. There is also after hours care available at our centers.
In our three centers in Spring, Woodlands and 1488 Magnolia, Ms. Morales and her staff encourage the children's mental and emotional development as well as meeting their physical needs. With her devotion and passion to training and development of staff, Mrs. Morales has created an exceptional haven where children and families can feel safe and welcome.