IB schools in Illinois: International schools in Chicago, British school in Cook County, preschool, private elementary, high, middle school, IB diploma program, IGSCE, UK curriculum, college preparatory education in North Side Chicago area
British School of Chicago: Located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, IL, the British School of Chicago (BSC) is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American. All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception Classes (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in North Side Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, near Irving Park and the Lake, Smart Love Preschool offers a play-based curriculum within an eco-friendly environment as five day or half day (morning and afternoon) care programs for toddlers and children of 3-5 years. Families from Lakeview, Ravenswood, Irving Park, Avondale and surrounding Northside communities can be sure of the strength of our Smart Love philosophy which has been successfully applied by trained professionals in a broad range of settings for over three decades.
We have created a unique and inspiring toddler program involving spacious motor play and lively group times, designed especially for your child's optimal development. In our preschool section, theme-based, age appropriate content is taught in an engaging way that stimulates children's natural curiosity about the world around them and incorporates early math and literacy skills.
The Smart Love Preschool provides a setting that promotes young children's long-term academic success by strengthening their social-emotional health and inspiring their intellectual creativity through play-based learning.
The Peoria Hebrew Day School (PHDS) in Peoria, Central Illinois, is a Jewish Day School offering Kindergarten to Grade 8 programs. We serve the Reform, Conservative, and Traditional communities of the greater Peoria area, and are open to everyone in the community regardless of religious affiliation for students.
Educating children in grades K-8 to reach their highest potential academically, spiritually, inter-personally and emotionally is our passion. Our program focuses on the whole child with an emphasis on academic excellence, values, and ethics. Our broad based curriculum is continuously evaluated by the Principal, Board and Staff to incorporate challenging new areas of study and the most modern teaching methods.
Our Curriculum includes:
- Social Studies, Reading, English, Math, Science, Art, Music and Computer Skills, Jewish Studies, Secular Studies, Holiday Activities, Lessons about the synagogue, Tzedakah, Israel, Holocaust and Kristallnacht lessons, Observances and celebration of Israeli Independence Day & more..
St. Benedict Elementary School (SBES), a Catholic educational community serving grades Pre-K-8, inspires and cultivates a balance of faith, academic excellence, and individual talents in a diverse, personalized setting. We are located on Chicago's North-Side, near Western Ave, serving Roscoe Village, Irving Park, Avondale, Lakeview, DePaul and surrounding communities.
St. Benedict Elementary School enjoys Full State of Illinois Recognition for non-public schools, as well as certification from the Office of Catholic Schools. We are a member of the National Catholic Education.
For just over 100 years, St. Benedict has provided quality education, and continues to teach and encourage Catholic traditions. Given this history, St. Benedict has proven its on-going commitment to faith-based education and community building in Chicago's North Center. The St. Benedict graduate is well rounded, dedicated to the service of others and prepared for the future.
As a community, St. Benedict Elementary School is committed to service, both to our peers and to those less fortunate. In addition, we seek to enrich the educational experience of our students through extensive extracurricular offerings.
The South Side School is an affordable independent elementary school with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum near Chicago's Loop in the vibrant urban environment of East Pilsen and we are happy to serve Lower West Side, Pilsen and South Side communities. We draw on an 90-year-old teaching tradition that engages the "whole child" - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically - in time with the natural developmental stages of childhood. We are focused not simply on the college your child will attend, but rather the person your child will become: curious, compassionate, self-reliant.
We are a new elementary school in Chicago, whose curriculum is inspired by Waldorf education. The uniqueness in a Waldorf education can be found mainly in how and when the students are taught-not in what they are taught. First comes the experience of the subject and from this experience comes the understanding of the concept.
This genuine learning process, from perception, to feeling, to idea, is the basis for later abstract and intellectual learning. We teach our children in the deepest manner possible, allowing lessons to become fully incorporated into the individual.
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
* Our curriculum includes Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Chinese, Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, Movement, Handwork and Outdoor play.
* In the Waldorf tradition, we intend for our classroom teacher to remain with the class until the children reach 8th grade.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Elmhurst Academy of Early Learning is located in Elmhurst in DuPage County, Illinois, approximately 17 miles west of downtown Chicago. We provide professional child care services for ages 3 months through to first grade.
Elmhurst Academy of Early Learning is accredited by the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the National Accreditation Commission (NAC). Elmhurst Academy is the only school in Illinois to hold all three of these prestigious honors.
Elmhurst Academy of Early Learning believes that successful experiences early in life lead to a successful future. We assist our students in realizing their potential by promoting academic achievement, character development, self-reliance, self-confidence and independent thought.