Creative Scholars Preschool, Chicago: Located in central Chicago, Cook County, near Lincolnwood and Irving Park, with easy access to Freeway 90 and 94, Creative Scholars Preschool is a safe, engaging, collaborative place for children to learn. Creative Scholars Preschool of Chicago strives to build a strong foundation for your child’s love of education. With a focus on early literacy development, we promote developmentally appropriate possibilities that enable us to discover the gifts each child possesses. We offer our parents a central homely location and provide our children with a safe, engaging, collaborative and creative place to learn.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Our world is ever changing. At Creative Scholars, we have a responsibility to foster an atmosphere of caring, respect and understanding of one another and our world. We are committed to working together; parents, teachers and child to ensure a high quality program for all of our students.
- Preschool Programs with full-day and half-day options.
- Visual arts, music, drama and foreign languages play an importnat role in our curriculum.
- Summer Enrichment Program also available.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.
The Peoria Hebrew Day School (PHDS) in Peoria, Central Illinois, is a Jewish Day School offering Kindergarten to Grade 8 programs. We serve the Reform, Conservative, and Traditional communities of the greater Peoria area, and are open to everyone in the community regardless of religious affiliation for students.
Educating children in grades K-8 to reach their highest potential academically, spiritually, inter-personally and emotionally is our passion. Our program focuses on the whole child with an emphasis on academic excellence, values, and ethics. Our broad based curriculum is continuously evaluated by the Principal, Board and Staff to incorporate challenging new areas of study and the most modern teaching methods.
Our Curriculum includes:
- Social Studies, Reading, English, Math, Science, Art, Music and Computer Skills, Jewish Studies, Secular Studies, Holiday Activities, Lessons about the synagogue, Tzedakah, Israel, Holocaust and Kristallnacht lessons, Observances and celebration of Israeli Independence Day & more..
St. Benedict Elementary School (SBES), a Catholic educational community serving grades Pre-K-8, inspires and cultivates a balance of faith, academic excellence, and individual talents in a diverse, personalized setting. We are located on Chicago's North-Side, near Western Ave, serving Roscoe Village, Irving Park, Avondale, Lakeview, DePaul and surrounding communities.
St. Benedict Elementary School enjoys Full State of Illinois Recognition for non-public schools, as well as certification from the Office of Catholic Schools. We are a member of the National Catholic Education.
For just over 100 years, St. Benedict has provided quality education, and continues to teach and encourage Catholic traditions. Given this history, St. Benedict has proven its on-going commitment to faith-based education and community building in Chicago's North Center. The St. Benedict graduate is well rounded, dedicated to the service of others and prepared for the future.
As a community, St. Benedict Elementary School is committed to service, both to our peers and to those less fortunate. In addition, we seek to enrich the educational experience of our students through extensive extracurricular offerings.
The South Side School is an affordable independent elementary school with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum near Chicago's Loop in the vibrant urban environment of East Pilsen and we are happy to serve Lower West Side, Pilsen and South Side communities. We draw on an 90-year-old teaching tradition that engages the "whole child" - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically - in time with the natural developmental stages of childhood. We are focused not simply on the college your child will attend, but rather the person your child will become: curious, compassionate, self-reliant.
We are a new elementary school in Chicago, whose curriculum is inspired by Waldorf education. The uniqueness in a Waldorf education can be found mainly in how and when the students are taught-not in what they are taught. First comes the experience of the subject and from this experience comes the understanding of the concept.
This genuine learning process, from perception, to feeling, to idea, is the basis for later abstract and intellectual learning. We teach our children in the deepest manner possible, allowing lessons to become fully incorporated into the individual.
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
* Our curriculum includes Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Chinese, Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, Movement, Handwork and Outdoor play.
* In the Waldorf tradition, we intend for our classroom teacher to remain with the class until the children reach 8th grade.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Lincoln Park Preschool (LPP) is a private, early childhood program / day care center located on W. Belden Avenue, at Belden and Lincoln Park West in Chicago, Cook County, IL. We have another school, Lincoln Park Preparatory School, located at Germania and Clark Street – just south of North Avenue in the city. Our early childhood programs (for children ages 2 - 6 years) primary focus is the growth and well being of the child. We provide this best by having a warm, open, nurturing atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Our school is a place where children can develop self-confidence and build a commitment to learning. They take part in discovery-based activities that are developmentally appropriate. We provide a healthy balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities.
Children are encouraged to build upon problem solving skills, as well as their creativity and socialization skills. Our teachers take into account the individuality of each child. Activities that are stimulating to the child’s imagination and creative development can then be provided.
LPP is NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited and state and city licensed.
Early Childhood Programs for children ages 2-6 years:
- Programs for children ages 2-5 years at Belden location.
- Programs for children age 2 years through to Kindergarten at Germania location.
- 2, 3, and 5 day schedules
- Hours 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Theme based learning activities with developmentally appropriate learning in math, science, language arts, dramatic play, music, gross & fine motor, art & sensory
- Foreign language immersion program – Language Stars Spanish instruction