Creative Scholars Preschool, Chicago: Located in central Chicago, Cook County, near Lincolnwood and Irving Park, with easy access to Freeway 90 and 94, Creative Scholars Preschool is a safe, engaging, collaborative place for children to learn. Creative Scholars Preschool of Chicago strives to build a strong foundation for your child’s love of education. With a focus on early literacy development, we promote developmentally appropriate possibilities that enable us to discover the gifts each child possesses. We offer our parents a central homely location and provide our children with a safe, engaging, collaborative and creative place to learn.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Our world is ever changing. At Creative Scholars, we have a responsibility to foster an atmosphere of caring, respect and understanding of one another and our world. We are committed to working together; parents, teachers and child to ensure a high quality program for all of our students.
- Preschool Programs with full-day and half-day options.
- Visual arts, music, drama and foreign languages play an importnat role in our curriculum.
- Summer Enrichment Program also available.
"Progressive Education in a Nurturing Environment:"
Chicago Friends School provides an educational environment that meets children’s intellectual, social and emotional needs, nurtures relationships, and that fosters a sense of belonging, social awareness, and personal responsibility.
In our multi-age classrooms, teachers approach each child from a developmental perspective focusing on each child’s next steps. Younger children learn from the older children and older children have an opportunity to take on a leadership role and share their knowledge.
Parliament Tutors | Private Tutoring, Test Prep & Admissions
Courses / Programs
Parliament Tutors is dedicated to bringing students the most customized learning experiences from the most highly qualified tutors. We have private tutors based throughout Chicago, Illinois, offering academic tutoring and test preparation for students of all ages and academic backgrounds trying to reach their highest potential grades and target scores. We cater for K-8, high school and college / university students.
While our private tutoring and test prep philosophy stresses the importance of independent study and practice, Parliament's Chicago tutors are equipped with the most effective learning strategies and highest level of knowledge in their fields. In addition to our private tutoring, we offer summer crash courses for various standardized exams.
- K-8 tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- High school tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- College course help
- College Prep Tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT II & AP exams
- Postgraduate Prep Tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT & LSAT exams
- TOEFL test preparation
- Language lessons including Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese and more
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
• Note to language class providers, parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Contact us if you make learning fun, through an engaging mix of games, songs, puppet shows, arts & crafts, cooking projects, treasure hunts, movement and drama, all in the Chinese language.
• Mandarin Chinese class ad options available at our centers in Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Barrington, Mt Prospect / Arlington Heights, Deerfield / Lake Forest, Naperville, Park Ridge, Glen Ellyn / Wheaton, Geneva / St. Charles, Wilmette / Evanston, and Hinsdale / Oakbrook IL.
Northside Catholic Academy is the official, Catholic parish school of six Catholic parishes in three Northside Chicago neighborhoods in Cook County, IL: Andersonville, Edgewater and Rogers Park. Northside Catholic Academy has two campuses which are both located in the Edgewater neighborhood, approximately 7 miles north of the Loop. Our Primary School Campus (PreK-5) is located at 6216 N. Glenwood, Chicago, IL 60660, and our Middle School Campus (6-8 and PreK), 5525 N. Magnolia, Chicago, IL 60640.
Northside Catholic Academy is the best option for families on the Northeast Side of Chicago. We are dedicated to educating the whole child - intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically. We have an outstanding retention rate - 97% of our Kindergarten through 8th graders continued on at NCA from last year
Early childhood programs at Northside Catholic Academy boast accreditation by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children). NAEYC administers the largest and most widely recognized accreditation system for all types of early childhood schools and child care centers. It is the nation’s largest organization of early childhood educators.
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.