Il Sasso - Italian Language School: Il Sasso is an Italian language school located in Montepulciano, a beautiful, Renaissance town that stands on a hill surrounded by vineyards and olive groves in Southern Tuscany. For a great many reasons, Montepulciano in Tuscany, half way between Florence and Rome, is an ideal place for an Italian language school. It is located on the top of a hill, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves with one of those views which has made Tuscany famous the world over. The peace and quiet are ideal for a study holiday of Italian language far from bustling town centres.
The Tuscany town of Montepulciano, in the province of Siena, is situated 13 km east of Pienza (a World Heritage Site), 70 km south-east of the historic city of Siena (also a World Heritage Site), 124 km south-east of Florence, and 186 km north of Rome.
The school is located in a historic building in the town, consisting of 8 large, airy classrooms and a hall for conferences. There is a terrace with a lovely panoramic view, as well as a free Internet Point for students and free WiFi access. Il Sasso offers its students a wide variety of afternoon activities, such as guided tours, wine, olive oil and cheese tasting, cooking lessons and walks in the countryside. Students are of all ages and come from all parts of the globe. Class sizes are from 4 to 9 students. The classes are divided into 7 levels.
The town's artistic wealth is also a major point of interest: the old town centre is full of churches and "palazzi" which testify to Italy's architectural history, in particular where the mediaeval and Renaissance periods are concerned. However, the area also boasts a great many Etruscan and Roman remains, Baroque churches and a miniature copy of La Scala theatre in Milan, called Poliziano.
Montepulciano, although a small historic town, is different from many others in that it is very active and lively, a place where the locals still stop to chat in bars or markets and have a great interest in foreign visitors. This makes it an ideal place for learning Italian "on the street", an essential part of any language learning experience.
School / Office Address:Via di Gracciano nel Corso, 2, Montepulciano
If you're coming by air, it's best to fly to Rome (Fiumicino Airport - Leonardo da Vinci, or Rome Airport - Ciampino), Pisa (Galileo Galilei Airport) or Florence (Amerigo Vespucci Airport). From these airports Montepulciano is easily reached by car or train. If you rent a car in Pisa, take the "Fi-Pi-Li" (the highway that links Florence, Pisa and Livorno), getting on the A1 motorway - direction Rome - at Firenze-Scandicci, exiting at Valdichiana-Bettole. If you're coming from Florence Airport, you should get on the A1 motorway at Florence North - direction Rome - and exit at Valdichiana-Bettole. Those arriving by car from the north should follow the same directions. From the airports in Rome, take the G.R.A. (the Ring Road) then get on the A1 motorway - direction Florence - and exit at Chiusi-Chianciano Terme. Follow the signs for Montepulciano (about 25 km.) When you arrive at Montepulciano, leave your car in one of the parking lots outside the town (the closest are no. 1 and no. 7) and come to the school on foot. The school is located on the main street just below the Piazza delle Erbe (follow the directions on the map or just ask - everyone in Montepulciano knows where we are!).
If you're coming by train, take the Florence-Rome line and get off at the Chiusi-Chianciano Terme station. ATTENTION!!! Although there is a place called Montepulciano Stazione, it is not where you want to go. Montepulciano Stazione is a small, country station, about 12 km. from Montepulciano with neither bus nor taxi service. Don't choose this station when you are buying your ticket. From Chiusi take the bus for Montepulciano, getting off at the bus station. From there you can come into the centre on foot or take the little orange bus (the Pollicino). If you take the Pollicino, get off at the Piazza delle Erbe.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2021-10-29 were from:
New Zealand; Poughquag NY, USA; Rabat salé, Morocco; USA; DeLand, Florida, USA; FORT MILL, USA; ANTELOPE, USA; Russia, Tula, Russia; Linlithgow, Scotland, UK, UK / GB; Huntington Beach, California, USA; and more.
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
• ABC DE' Conti provides a wide range of Italian language courses in the heart of Florence, Italy - Europe's eternal capital of the Renaissance.
• ABC DE' Conti is part of Accademia Riaci - a leading professional art and design school in Florence.
• We offer Italian language courses for all - from beginners to students at professional level who aspire to become interpreters, from those who would like to learn Italian used in everyday life, to technical Italian used in specific fields of art and design.
• Our Italian language courses feature the extensive and intensive teaching of Italian and Professional / Technical Italian courses, which will benefit the students who are going to study specialized areas of Italian culture.
• Following the "Direct Method", without the use of intermediate language, the student-teacher ratio is kept small so to maximize the communication in the class, as well as to keep close attention to each student's progress.
• Another advantage of studying at the school is that the students can enjoy various high-quality art & cultural lessons provided at Accademia Riaci, as well as getting internship opportunities made possible by the experience and history of Accademia Riaci.
Italian Language Courses: - Basic Beginner to Advanced Level
• Italian PLUS program (for beginners)
• Basic Standard Italian (Group / Semi-Private / Private lessons)
• Intensive Italian (Semi-Private / Private Courses)
• Business Italian classes
• Specialized 'Technical' Italian Classes for working in design, hospitality etc
• Italian Internship Program
• Homestay Program with Italian Teacher
• Professional Italian Interpreter Training
• Summer Italian Course
• Optional Art, Design, Cooking Courses
• Guided Art / Cultural Courses
Scuola Toscana is an Italian language school located in the historical centre of Florence in the Tuscany region of Italy (approximately 3 hours north of Rome).
Recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, we provide a wide range of Italian language courses including intensive communication, university preparation, business, culture, art history and many more.
There are 6 levels from absolute beginners to advanced allowing you to reach the various levels of the European Language Portfolio.
Our Italian language courses open the doors for our students from all over the world, in order to get to know each other and their different cultures.
In the past 15 years, more than 8,000 students have discovered the Italian culture at our Italian language school.
Our classes consist of small groups, but we also cater for individuals offering private tuition courses. We organise extra-curricular activities in Italian language: visits of history of art, seminars, video evenings, excursions and more.
Student Testimonial: Scuola Toscana me taught me Italian grammar in the morning, found me a place to stay, and showed me where they have the best breakfasts and lunches at a fraction of the cost anywhere else in Florence..... The teachers are so nice and helpful, they're also experts on local history! You're in the best of hands with Scuola Toscana!
Italian Language Courses - Beginner to Advanced levels:
- General Italian courses
- Intensive Italian courses
- Private Italian classes
- Homestay Program (with a local Italian family)
- Italian University Preparation
- Family Holiday Italian courses (children & adults)
- Italian for Business
- Italian for Tourism
- Internship program (work experience placements)
- Italian Culture courses
- Italian Art History courses
- Italian Language + Jewellery courses
- Italian + Fashion & Design
- Italian + Music & Opera
- Italian + Wine & Cooking
Ellci Ente Lombardo Lingua E Cultura Italiana, Milan
Courses / Programs
We have been an Italian Language School in Milan since 1980's. Located in the central shopping area of Milan, close to two underground stations, our school offers students and companies from around the world, any type of course in order to learn about Italy and the Italian language. We have courses for students of any age, standard courses and intensive or individual courses. We also provide personalized courses to businessmen at very flexible schedules.
Ellci is an Italian Language School in Milan - Italy specialized in teaching Italian Language as a second Language to foreigners of any nationality. Our Italian language Courses are addressed to students, companies and managers who want to learn or improve their knowledge of the Italian Language in Italy, in Milan, Italian capital in business, fashion and design, and city of vast cultural and economic traditions.
Romanica is an Italian language school in Modena, in the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy. Modena is located approximately 200 miles from Rome and 100 miles from Milan. Since 1998, Romanica has offered Italian courses to students of all ages and all nationalities, as well as a rich variety of activities during students’ free time.
Our Italian courses include: Italian group standard courses, individual lessons, afternoon courses, Italian culture seminars: Italian songs, arts, literature, history, pronunciation and phonetics, dialects, cinema, restoration and bookmaking, Italian cuisine and wines... The goal of the school’s program is communication. Pronunciation, vocabulary, and the grammatical structures are always presented in context, in order to develop comprehension, reading, speaking, and writing skills.
Romanica is recognized by the Italian Ministry of the Public Instruction and certified by the associations of Italian language schools for foreigners ASILS and AIL.
The Centro Machiavelli was founded in 1978, and is located in the historic centre of Florence, just a stone's throw from Palazzo Pitti and Ponte Vecchio, in the area of Santo Spirito. This neighbourhood is home to artisans and artists and as it is just off the beaten tourist track, the economic and social characteristics has been left intact. The school is in Piazza Santo Spirito itself, one of the finest squares of the city. With its bars and outdoor cafés, its daily market workshops and restaurants it is a favourite haunt of Florentines and thus provides our students opportunity to meet them. The Centro Machiavelli was founded in order to provide a response to a growing world-wide interest in Italian language and culture. Communication is the basis of our teaching method. One of the principal objectives is to promote interaction between the students and real day to day life in Florence and in Italy, providing linguistics school and cultural tools and creating opportunity for exchange.
Italian language courses, individual and in groups, year round at all levels.
- History of art program
- "Firenze nell'Arte" program (practical courses in artists studio and artisans workshops)
- Metallo Nobile program (school of jewellery crafting and design)
- "Musica e canto" program (courses for singers and opera enthusiasts)
- "Italian cooking" program (group courses and individual courses)
- Apprenticeship program (wine and food industry, fashion and design).
Established in 1975, Bertrand Russell Italian School offers Italian language courses in Padua, Northern Italy to students from around the world. Padua (called Padova in Italian) is located 40 km west of Venice and it's international airport.
Our school is the perfect venue for those who wish to study or improve their Italian. We offer group courses throughout the year at four levels - beginner, intermediate, advanced and superior. Our courses last for four weeks but students can choose to study for longer if they wish.
We also offer individual lessons for students with special time or study requirements, and university admission bridging and foundation courses for foreign students who wish to attend University in Italy and need to pass the admission test.
We have a very straightforward teaching method: our classes are made of small groups of students, with skilled teachers with several years experience in teaching Italian. The teachers are always present in the classroom and they are usually able to create a warm and friendly relationship with their students.
- 4-week Italian courses at 4 study levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced and superior. Lessons are held from Monday to Friday and from 9.00 to 13.00 for a total of 80 hours. Non-beginners may enter a course after the commencement date.
- Individual Italian tuition (private lessons):
The number of hours and duration of lessons are determined by the student himself according to his/her own requirements.
- Italian lessons on line
- University admission bridging and foundation courses for foreign students