United World College of the Adriatic:
United World College of the Adriatic (UWC Adriatic) is a residential school offering a high school study abroad program for international students aged 16-19 years. Our school is located in the Italian / Slovene village of Duino / Devin, 16km from Trieste in north-east Italy. We bring together 180 students from around the world for the final two years of their high school education. Eighty percent of our students are non-native English speakers yet all study towards the full International Baccalaureate diploma in English, and also study Italian.
- Thanks to the ongoing generous support of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, National Committees and other public and private sponsors, all the students who attend the UWC Adriatic do so on full scholarship.
- Selections are carried out by national committees and selection partners throughout the world who look for applicants of promise and potential – those who are committed to making a difference in their communities and the world. The result is a truly diverse school population both culturally and socio-economically. We are committed to making every opportunity accessible to all our students.
UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Our aim is to use education as a force to unite people. The UWC of the Adriatic, with a special emphasis on environmental and humanitarian concerns, brings highly motivated young students from all parts of the world so they can live and learn together.
Our objective is to help students become active, involved and educated citizens whose attitudes towards understanding and community service will be a powerful catalyst for change. Through the students, as representatives of their countries, we hope to influence their wider communities to become more understanding, compassionate and peaceful. In short, we wish to create a better and more tolerant world.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program,
A two-year internationally recognized pre-university program with 2 levels. There are three courses taken at the Higher Level, and three at the Standard Level. The aim is to combine a liberal education in a range of disciplines with the opportunity to study a limited number of subjects in depth.
- The Activities Program:
This is an integral part of college life and aims to use creativity, sport and aesthetic experience as a challenge to personal development.
- The Community Service Program:
College life is fully integrated into the life of the local community through a range of social and multicultural services carried out by the students.
- The International Affairs (INA) Program:
This is designed to offer students and staff an insight into current issues from around the world and to make them reflect about the challenges of our time
- Student life is intense, exciting but moreover full of unique experiences.The atmosphere at our college is one of a community where everyone is equal; no matter where you come from or who you are.
- At UWC everyone is encouraged to discover themselves and focus on what they are most passionate about. The wide variety of subjects that are offered and the numerous extracurricular activities make it possible for students to find what their interests are, or even try new, exciting adventures that they have never done before.
Dedicated & Experienced Staff:
Our staff are from diverse backgrounds, enthusiastic about the UWC values and mission, and dedicated to their work. Teachers are much more than classroom teachers. All serve as personal tutors to a group of students and make a specific contribution to the residential nature of the Adriatic College.
They also contribute to the service programmes as leaders or supervisors and provide guidance and support. The teaching staff is recruited internationally and are experienced in the teaching of students at the immediate pre-university level.
“We never thought it would be so wonderful to come back to this special place, Duino. We both had a great opportunity to study at the United World College of the Adriatic and the “Scuola Superiore Internazionale di Musica da Camera del Trio di Trieste“.
Being taught by our solo performance teachers Massimo Belli, Igor Cognolato and Alberto Miodini, we were shaped in such a way which enabled us to face new stages of our individual development. We believe that this place, as small as it may be, gives an enormous space to each person who is always on the search and wants to learn more.”
- Egle & Inesa
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: via Trieste 29, 34011 Duino, Trieste, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.