Arroyo Pacific Academy, Los Angeles County:
Arroyo Pacific Academy is a four-year private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory high school for grades 9-12 in Arcadia in the San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles County, approximately 13 miles north-east of Downtown LA. We are fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C.). Arroyo Pacific Academy provides a distinctive educational program and a special place for students to learn, grow and prepare for life. Founded in 1998 by Philip Clarke, the school consistently works to serve the needs of students of the surrounding community throughout Los Angeles County.
Arroyo Pacific Academy is a learning institution where academic attainment has the highest priority within a learning environment that is supportive and encouraging.
Priority is given to success in academic achievement. Academic programs are offered to high school students.
Arroyo Pacific Academy is a coeducational institution. Recognizing the value and uniqueness of each student as a person with artistic, emotional, imaginative, intellectual, physical, religious, and social potential, the teacher endeavors to lead the students to seek the fullest development of their talents and concentrates on intellectual and academic potential.
- General High School Program for Grades 9 - 12
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Assisted Learning
- College Prep Outreach
- Young Scholar Program
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Summer School
- We also offer College and Career Education
Arroyo Pacific Academy provides a rigorous, meaningful and challenging educational program for all students with the means to fulfill the Expected Schoolwide Learning Results. We follow the guidelines of the California State Standards and Frameworks designed to encourage the highest achievement of every student by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level.
We provide students with a foundation to think clearly on issues that impact the human person and society. Our college preparatory curriculum addresses current challenges and opportunities, thus preparing students for future studies and life decisions as Collaborative Workers, Critical Thinkers, Lifelong Learners and Responsible Citizens.
All curriculum provides students an opportunity to explore, to excel, to experience, and to expand their horizons. Through the courses offered at Arroyo Pacific Academy, students are challenged to learn to read with understanding, write with clarity, and listen and speak effectively.
What Arroyo Pacific Academy Provides:
* We are committed to small class sizes, ranging from 8 to 15 students per class. To ensure our low teacher to student ratio 6:1, we limit the attendance of our academy to 150 students.
* Our students complete six 6-week quarters each year which includes a summer session.
* Our students are able to concentrate on only three courses per quarter and are given a daily study hall in order to maximize their retention of the subject matter.
* Our administration works with each student to develop a personalized educational plan.
* Each year, the winter quarter (commencing in January) includes experiential learning, a leadership curriculum, and team building opportunities.
* The Assisted Learning Program offers assistance to students with mild learning disabilities thus maintaining a challenging curriculum for students who desire to overcome, to learn, to grow and to achieve within a learning environment that is supportive and encouraging.
* Our students completing Arroyo Pacific Academy's entire curriculum earn the same high school degree recognized statewide.
We provide a distinctive educational program and a special place for students to learn, grow and prepare for life. Students demonstrate the intellectual curiosity and academic skills needed for success in college and adult life as we expect the graduate of Arroyo Pacific Academy to be:
1. Collaborative workers who:
* Demonstrate proper respect and sensitivity to diversity of ideas, interests and skills of others
* Employ effective leadership and group skills
* Work effectively with others
2. Critical thinkers who:
* Complete an academic program that complements an individual's learning needs
* Demonstrate understanding through clear and concise communication
* Adapt to a changing world by learning how to learn
3. Lifelong learners who:
* Communicate effectively with others through written and oral expression
* Demonstrate a solid academic foundation in all subject areas
* Utilize collaborative and problem-solving skills with awareness of individual learning styles
4. Responsible citizens who:
* Develop and nurture a healthy lifestyle which facilitates the student's artistic, emotional, intellectual, and social well-being
* Respect and appreciate the uniqueness of self and others
* Understand connections between choices and consequences.
Our teaching and learning community remains committed to supporting our students as they strive for excellence in a college preparatory curriculum that incorporates character formation and the academic competencies and skills necessary for lifelong learning. These concepts remain the embodiment of the Expected Schoolwide Learning Results which form the basis for the educational program that is designed to meet the needs of all students.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Arcadia, 41 W Santa Clara St, Los Angeles County, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.