Independent schools in California: Private schools in La Canada, preschools in Los Angeles area, independent elementary school, early childhood education, kindergarten, after-school child care service, homework help programs in LA County
The Learning Castle: Located in La Canada (approximately 20 minutes north of downtown Los Angeles), Southern CA, The Learning Castle (TLC) is an independent private co-educational school offering an excellent, accelerated Kindergarten through third-grade education. The Learning Castle focuses on each student’s needs through an individualized curriculum. Low teacher-to-student ratios, coupled with curricula developed by and for The Learning Castle style of teaching, have led to outstanding results with students learning at an accelerated pace.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Low teacher-to-student ratios, coupled with curricula developed by and for The Learning Castle style of teaching, have led to outstanding results with students learning at an accelerated pace. The Learning Castle is based on the belief that all individuals can learn and that optimal learning takes place when all staff operationalize this philosophy.
- Kindergarten (4 year olds) through to 3rd Grade education programs
- Extended Care program
- Homework Help program
- Dance, music, foreign languages & computer classes
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Playmates Co-operative Nursery School is located at 2340 42nd Avenue in the Sunset District in the west-central part of San Francisco. We are a non-profit, nonsectarian, interracial co-operative organization formed and operated by parents and experienced staff. We provide an excellent child-centered nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age, as well as a transitional kindergarden program. Scholarships are also available. An adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment and many opportunities for creative expression. Children with special needs are welcome.
Playmates Co-operative has offered families a supportive and creative learning environment for over 50 years. Children at Playmates build trust and confidence in a warm, nurturing environment. They learn the joy of friendship with other children and adults in a setting that encourages cooperation and problem solving, gain high self-esteem and develop independence through successful age-appropriate "hands-on" learning experiences. Children also develop a positive attitude towards learning; a love of school.
- Nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age
- Transitional kindergarten program
- Young 5 program for ages: 2 1/2 - 6 years
- Extended care available from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer programs
* A.M. session: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
* P.M. session: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Young 5 program: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
* Part-time attendance (3, 4 or 5 days / week)
* Non-teaching / teaching slots available
* Lunch Bunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
Are you searching for a quality private school in the San Fernando Valley area?
Located in Lake View Terrace, in the foothills of the beautiful Angeles National Forest, Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is a coeducational day school providing a preschool through 12th grade program.
We admit students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods.
All of our teachers have been thoroughly trained in the study and teaching methods practiced at Delphi Academy.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
In addition to rounding out academic studies in literature, mathematics, writing, science, history, and government, our students gain practical understanding and experience in the subjects of leadership, integrity and logic, as well as management and organizational skills.
Student Testimonial: "The thing I really like about Delphi is that they let you feel important. You don’t have to be afraid to be who you are! The teachers are great! Delphi makes learning fun.”
- Middle School Student
Academic Programs for Preschool-Grade 12 Students:
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• High School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
Based in Mission Valley, just 10 minutes north of Downtown San Diego, Brooke Byler Acting Studios provides a range of private and group acting classes for kids and teens (ages 3-17). We offer general acting classes, parent-and-child group classes, summer acting camps, and more.
Our philosophy is that learning the FUNdamentals should be FUN for the actor, and that coaching should take place in a positive, comfortable environment where the student feels safe in pushing the boundaries of his or her comfort zone.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Village Montessori School is located in the University Park area of Irvine in Orange County. We are a Montessori school offering programs to children from 2 years of age through to the third grade. The Village Montessori standards of excellence in program development, childcare, staff selection, and parent rapport, have led the University of California, Irvine, to choose our program to build and operate the University Montessori on their campus.
All of our schools have repeatedly met the standards of excellence required by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs (NAEYC) and are fully accredited.
Montessori specialists are chosen as teachers for their loving, respectful attitudes towards the children as well as their comprehensive knowledge of early childhood education. Favorable teacher-child ratios ensure the very best experiences for your child.
Pacific Ridge School is an independent middle and high school for grades 7 -12 in Carlsbad in San Diego County, CA. Pacific Ridge School is fulfilling the need in Coastal North County for excellence in independent, college-preparatory and secondary education. Firmly rooted in academic excellence, Pacific Ridge School inspires and equips students to be lifelong learners who act with compassion and integrity. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
We invite you to discover what is unique about Pacific Ridge School. Grounded in academic accomplishment, we promote both artistic and athletic achievement, while integrating our vision and our values in every aspect of our curriculum. As they explore assumptions from new perspectives and become aware of their role as members of a global community, students learn the importance of finding their pupose in life.
- Middle School Program
- High School Program
* In addition to Academic Subjects such as Social and Community Studies, American Studies, Life Science, Conceptual Physics, Mathematics, English, French and Spanish, subjects such as Ethical Responsibility and Global Engagement play an important role in our Curriculum.