Summit View School at The Help Group:
The Summit View School in Los Angeles, Southern California , offers comprehensive elementary, middle and secondary school programs for students with learning differences. An innovative and integrated curriculum, coupled with small class size and high teacher to student ratio, enables students to experience academic success. It is part of The Help Group which is a family of non-profit agencies dedicated to providing a broad range of educational and therapeutic services to children, adolescents, young adults with special needs and their families.
Summit View School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is certified by the California State Department of Education.
The September 2008 issue of Los Angeles Magazine rates Summit View School as one of the top 47 out of 550 high schools in LA County based on academic performance and preparation for college. Summit View is also featured as one of the top 10 schools that focus on a specialized curriculum.
- Elementary School program: This focuses on language arts, reading, mathematics and motor domains. Students apply basic skills in a variety of learning contexts and develop academic fundamentals.
- Middle School program: This strengthens students' organization, time management, critical thinking skills and work habits, which are integral components of the program.
- High School program: This focuses on integrating the student's individual learning style with the knowledge they've acquired. Students can fulfill diploma and college entrance requirements as they prepare for post-secondary education and success in the workplace.
Summit View's Fundamental Areas of Learning:
- Academic achievement: reading, writing and mathematical skills
- College preparatory courses such as lab sciences, foreign language and computer technology
- Critical thinking, reasoning, problem solving and test taking strategies
- Organization and study skills
- Receptive and expressive language
- Perceptual and motor skills
- Motivation and goal attainment
- Attention, memory and concentration
- Creativity and self-expression
Based on each student's learning profile, an individual instructional plan is designed to maximize his / her learning. This instructional plan incorporates best practices, which are based on current research, and is re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
Learning comes alive through classroom and small group participatory, interactive, hands-on, multisensory instruction in a stimulating and motivating environment. At Summit View, students are given the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential, prepare for post-secondary education, and experience success in the workplace.
What Enhances The Summit View Program:
- Small group tutorials
- Computer education
- Creative and performing arts
- Post-secondary and career guidance
- Library studies
- Community service projects
- Study skills training
- Interscholastic team sports
- Student council, yearbook, newspaper and other enrichment activities
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 12101 W. Washington Blvd. , Los Angeles, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.