A Class Academy of English:
Our main aim here at AClass Academy of English is to ensure that you receive the highest standard of English lessons possible in a friendly, family-like environment. However, we don't just want you to learn and practise English at school; we want to help you develop the confidence and skills to think and use English so that it becomes part of your daily life. Apart from developing their own materials for class, teachers also make use of a wide selection of course books and other teaching resources (online lessons from reputable sources such as the BBC, local and foreign newspapers and articles) to supplement their lessons. These are continually updated to provide our English teachers and you with the latest materials. English students are monitored to ensure that they move up a level when they are ready for it. Teachers are encouraged to attend training and refresher courses to develop their English teaching and keep up with the latest trends in EFL.
AClass Academy of English forms part of St Catherine's High School which has been in operation since 1909, providing private education to students. Ideally situated, high on a hill in Pembroke, AClass Academy of English boasts both sea and country views while being within walking distance of some of the islands finest bars, hotels and restaurants. The school also has extensive sports grounds.
- Unlike many English language schools, you are not just a face in the crowd. You become part of the AClass family. We pride ourselves on getting to know you on a personal level and going that extra mile to help you
- Led by a highly experienced and friendly team, from the administration office to our English teachers & leisure staff, we are here to make your stay in Malta memorable!
- Meet new people from all over the world. This gives you a great opportunity to meet new people, discover new cultures, and practise your English
- English lessons and English courses are tailor-made depending on the needs of the class
- Spacious, modern classrooms with plenty of natural light
- Free use of our own full-size basketball and volleyball court, a five-a-side football pitch and other sports facilities
- We offer an extensive range of sports, social activities and trips to make sure that you get the most out of your English language holiday
- Private study area available to allow you to work after your English lessons
- All our English teachers are highly qualified, creative and experienced. They are carefully selected and receive regular training and monitoring to make sure our rigorous standards are maintained
- As a small organization we can concentrate on your individual needs and help you improve your use of English, be it for a new job or exam or just for travel
- We not only help you with English lessons and classes but also any accommodation arrangements and leisure activities you may need
- Our English classes and facilities are accessible to persons with special needs
- Brand new, modern facilities and premises
- Unlimited, free use of Wi-Fi
- Photocopying & fax services
- Free use of our internet cafe
- Entertainment room which includes a TV and DVD player to watch films and programmes after class
- Free Welcome party
- Study area
- Student self-access room with a library and extra coursebook materials, newspapers and magazines
Our English teachers come from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are carefully selected for their academic abilities as well as their creativity and friendliness. All AClass English teachers have, as a minimum requirement, a recognized TEFL qualification. Most also have a University degree, CELTA or DELTA qualification.
AClass also regularly provides in-house teacher training English courses for its teachers. Teachers meet students regularly to discuss their individual progress and give supplementary material where necessary. Teachers are aware of different learning styles and learning disabilities and develop materials to suit the different types of learners in the class. English lessons focus on English grammar and vocabulary as well as skills work (speaking and listening and reading and writing) which are presented in natural, every day contexts. Students learn skills for life not just for the classroom with the help of our dynamic teachers to motivate them.
The Maltese archipelago consists of three main islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino. Malta, the largest, has an area of 246 square kilometres and a total of 400,000 inhabitants. The Maltese landscape is characterized by a series of low hills with terraced fields. The shoreline, which is 137 kilometres long, has many bays and harbours, with a good selection of sandy beaches and rocky coves for you to explore. Malta offers a warm and mild climate throughout the year.
Temperatures average 14 degrees Celsius in winter and 32 degrees Celsius in the summer months. The hottest time is from the middle of July to the middle of September. It has had a long relationship with various nationalities over the centuries and this has created a marriage of styles and traditions, giving the islands a fascinating and rich culture. The British, for example, occupied Malta for around 180 years which is why English is so widely spoken around the island. The two official languages spoken here are English and Maltese althoug h many of the islanders speak more than two languages.
Malta is renowned for having a friendly, safe and laid back lifestyle. It has a fantastic nightlife, crystal clear waters for swimming and diving and 7,000 years of intriguing history. It boasts the worlds oldest freestanding temples and was once the home of the Knights of the Order of St John. For such a small island there is plenty to see and do while learning English all year round. Malta is therefore the ideal location for combining learning English with a pleasurable and relaxed holiday.
- The first significant civilisation here flourished in the third millennium BC, leaving behind fascinating megalithic temples
- The island was occupied by the Phoenicians, the Carthaginians and the Romans
- The Maltese islands have been described as one big open-air museum
- Visitors can explore medieval walled citadels and splendid baroque churches and palaces
- Tourists also come for the beautiful clear blue waters, secluded bays, sandy beaches and traditional villages
- Valletta's Manoel Theatre is the second-oldest theatre in Europe and hosts operas, ballets and plays almost all year round
- In summer you can immerse yourself in village life and attend village festivals with spectacular fireworks
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: St. Catherine's High School, 11, Alamein Road, , Pembroke, Malta|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.