St. Timothy’s School: St. Timothy’s School is an all-girls residential International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in Stevenson MD, just 12 miles north of Baltimore.
St. Timothy’s was the first girls boarding school in the United States to become an International Baccalaureate authorized school in 2006. We seek students of intelligence and integrity from diverse cultural, racial, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Maryland and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Newtown, Bucks County PA, just five miles north of Langhorne, George School is a co-educational boarding and day school for domestic and international students in Grades 9-12. George School is a great place to get ready for college.
Besides offering a wide variety of Advanced Placement and other interesting, challenging classes, we are one of only four U.S. boarding schools offering the International Baccalaureate Program.
We also offer English as a Second Language (ESL) to help international students adapt to an English-speaking system of education. Boarding facilities are available with separate dormitory sections for boys and girls. Each of our dorms has a personality all of its own.
There are lots of things to do on a typical George School weekend. You will have a chance to hang out with friends, work on a group project, or even get ready for an upcoming test. You will feel safe, nurtured and challenged as you encounter new ideas, new people, new ways of life.
Blue Ridge School (BRS) is an all-boys, college preparatory, private boarding school for Grades 9 through 12.
We are located 1 mile north-west of Dyke in Greene County in Central Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our school is situated 20 miles north of downtown Charlottesville, and approximately a 2.5 hour drive from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
We serve young men who respond well to small classes, a structured environment and a strong sense of community. Our faculty challenges each boy to reach beyond his current level of performance and expectation to discover his potential.
The average class size is 8 and the average student load per teacher is 40. This allows teachers to give personalized attention and individualize teaching materials for their classes.
Our school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
House of Hope Maryland, located in Silver Spring, MD (just 6 miles north of Washington, D.C.), is a co-ed boarding school for troubled teens aged 13-17.
This 9-18 month program includes Bible-based spiritual counselling, a High School Diploma program, an Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program, and other features.
This “safe haven” will serve as an academic and spiritual refuge for teens suffering from the negative influences threatening their lives such as drugs, alcohol, the occult, gangs, as well as sexual, mental and emotional abuse.
Our mission at House of Hope Maryland is to offer hope, healing, and solutions for hurting teens by providing a safe, nurturing environment, structured education, Christian counseling and spiritual guidance.
Co-educational Boarding Program for Troubled Teens (Ages 13-17)
- 9 to 18-month program
- Bible-based, pastoral-style counseling
- High School Diploma program
- Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program
- Transferable credits
- Life Skills
- Non-resident Christian counseling and spiritual support
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Virginia, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Based in the heart of rural south-east West Virginia, in the town of Pence Springs, Greenbrier Academy provides a therapeutic boarding / residential school program for teen girls ages 13-18.
We work with students facing issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, ADD/ADHD, substance abuse, anger and/or attachment issues, and more.
Greenbrier Academy is fully accredited by the prestigious North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, and over 90% (100% over the last few years) of our graduating seniors matriculated to college.