St. Timothy’s School, Stevenson: St. Timothy’s School is an all-girls residential International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in Stevenson MD, just 12 miles north of Baltimore. St. Timothy’s was the first girls boarding school in the United States to become an International Baccalaureate authorized school in 2006.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
We seek students of intelligence and integrity from diverse cultural, racial, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds. We provide a comprehensive and flexible academic program in a supportive, richly resourced, and beautiful setting.
Residential International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme for Girls: - Our students are thoughtful learners who seek knowledge and think critically.
- We encourage our students to be open-minded and reflective, and we help them develop the confidence and leadership skills that will serve them well in life.
- We are committed to helping each student reach her full potential as she explores her own interests, builds positive relationships, and learns to understand the world around her.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Maryland and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Oak Hill Academy is a non-military, Baptist-affiliated, co-educational boarding / day high school that provides college preparatory education for Grades 8-12, for both domestic and international students.
Nestled in the centre of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we are approximately 1.5 miles from the village of Mouth of Wilson, Grayson County, Virginia, 80 minutes drive west of Galax and 45 minutes south of Marion, VA. We are easily accessible from interstate 77.
At Oak Hill, 95% of graduates go on to college, and we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. We accept year-round applications.
Since 1878, we have transformed the lives of hundreds of unmotivated students. Our safe, nurturing environment combines structure with self-reliance, and discipline with discovery. We offer challenging academics, small class sizes and attentive staff.
Our boarding school combines structure with self-reliance, discipline with discovery and a firm hand with a warm heart. Our curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
Founded in 1916, Virginia Episcopal School (VES) is a college preparatory, coeducational, independent boarding and day school for students in Grades 9-12 located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lynchburg, Virginia and consisting of an intimate academic community of 200 students.
At VES, your friends will be from all over the country as well as the world! Our students represent eleven different states and eight foreign countries.
Our small student body allows us to maintain a tight-knit community of familiar faces. We maintain an average class size of 10-12 students, and the overall student-to-teacher ratio is 5:1. More than two-thirds of our students live on campus.
We are accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS), Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE), National Association for Principles of Schools for Girls (NAPSG), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls Grade 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with seven honors courses and seventeen advanced placement courses including English, science, mathematics, fine arts, foreign languages, history, computer science and religion
House of Hope Maryland, located in Silver Spring, MD (just 6 miles north of Washington, D.C.), is a co-ed boarding school for troubled teens aged 13-17.
This 9-18 month program includes Bible-based spiritual counselling, a High School Diploma program, an Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program, and other features.
This “safe haven” will serve as an academic and spiritual refuge for teens suffering from the negative influences threatening their lives such as drugs, alcohol, the occult, gangs, as well as sexual, mental and emotional abuse.
Our mission at House of Hope Maryland is to offer hope, healing, and solutions for hurting teens by providing a safe, nurturing environment, structured education, Christian counseling and spiritual guidance.
Co-educational Boarding Program for Troubled Teens (Ages 13-17)
- 9 to 18-month program
- Bible-based, pastoral-style counseling
- High School Diploma program
- Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program
- Transferable credits
- Life Skills
- Non-resident Christian counseling and spiritual support
Founded in 1875, Perkiomen School is an empowering experience that gives students the confidence to explore and grow. We provide each student with an experience uniquely combining opportunity and challenge, guidance and encouragement. Perk offers an engaging academic program and a world of possibilities in a community that feels like family.
Located in Pennsburg PA, Perk’s 172 acre campus is home to 360 students from 25 countries and 10 states. Classes average 12 students with a student to faculty ratio of 7 to 1. Perkiomen is 45 minutes from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 3 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Over 150 courses, including 30 AP courses are offered. Courses include Spanish, Latin, German, and Chinese, plus Entrepreneur and Medical Institutes fully supported by the Innovation Center
The Office of College Counseling hosts over 100 college representatives on campus and boasts a 100% college matriculation rate.
Co-educational Boarding & Day School Program:
- Day Program (Grades 6-12)
- Boarding Program (Grades 6-12)
- Post-Graduate Year
- Challenging college preparatory curriculum
- Advanced Placement courses
- Entrepreneur Institute
- Medical Institute
Core curriculum subjects include:
- World Languages
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from the D.C. area, throughout the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor