St. Timothy’s School, Stevenson: St. Timothy’s School is an all-girls residential International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in Stevenson MD, just 12 miles north of Baltimore. St. Timothy’s was the first girls boarding school in the United States to become an International Baccalaureate authorized school in 2006.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
We seek students of intelligence and integrity from diverse cultural, racial, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds. We provide a comprehensive and flexible academic program in a supportive, richly resourced, and beautiful setting.
Residential International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme for Girls: - Our students are thoughtful learners who seek knowledge and think critically.
- We encourage our students to be open-minded and reflective, and we help them develop the confidence and leadership skills that will serve them well in life.
- We are committed to helping each student reach her full potential as she explores her own interests, builds positive relationships, and learns to understand the world around her.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Virginia, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
If you are searching for an industry-leading therapeutic boarding school for your troubled teen, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) may be the perfect solution for you.
Situated on a 150-acre campus in northwestern Montana, TWAI is an accredited, family-run boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-18 (boys & girls) from Delaware and across the U.S.
Established in 2002, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC) in a serene, beautiful, and safe location.
TWAI offers help for the following issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
TWAI provides an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students and their families, with an exceptional degree of success.
We are a small program (40 students) which allows us to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country. Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1.
Student Testimonial: "Thank you for developing your program and for hiring such caring and dedicated people for the program! They all seem to work beautifully together! They have made a real difference in the life of our son and in our family!"
Located in Birmingham, Huntington County PA, the Grier School is a private boarding school for girls in Grades 7 through post-graduate year and admits girls regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.
In addition to a college preparatory curriculum with AP courses and SAT and ACT college prep courses we also provide a learning skills program, an enriching arts program, an extensive athletics program, a horseriding program, a healthy lifestyle program, etiquette class, summer school, TOEFL and ESL programs.
95% of Grier's students reside beyond a 100 mile radius of the school so numerous activities are organized each weekend to make it truly a full-time boarding school experience. Grier provides students wih a valuable education in a beautiful environment.
At Grier, the dormitory areas of the building are supervised by housemothers whose sole responsibility on campus is to oversee the life in the dorms. Housemothers are mature women who have raised families themselves.
Boarding Programs for Girls in Grades 7-12 (incl. postgraduate year option)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, history, modern languages, the arts and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Learning Skills Program
- Horseriding Program
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Etiquette Class
- Summer School
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Programs
The Madeira School is a girls' boarding school and day school, Grades 9–12, located 12 miles outside Washington, D.C. in McLean, Fairfax County, northern Virginia.
Designed for girls who are bright, curious, and independent, Madeira is committed to providing an exemplary college prepatory school education with with prep courses for PSAT, SAT and SAT II, summer and community programs as well as a global emphasis and a unique co-curriculum program offering off-campus internship opportunities for every student.
The six dormitories at Madeira accommodate girls from all over the world. Over half of our girls are boarders, and boarding life forms a vital and vibrant portion of life at Madeira.
Most boarders have roommates, and many continue to live with that roommate each year. Faculty and girls bring with them diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socio-economic, and cultural perspectives and share them in both academic and social settings.
Imagine the fun you will have getting to know girls from Bhutan, Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, Nigeria, and across the United States? Your character, interests, and culture are considered valuable assets that improve and enhance the overall community.
Oak Hill Academy is a non-military, Baptist-affiliated, co-educational boarding / day high school that provides college preparatory education for Grades 8-12, for both domestic and international students.
Nestled in the centre of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we are approximately 1.5 miles from the village of Mouth of Wilson, Grayson County, Virginia, 80 minutes drive west of Galax and 45 minutes south of Marion, VA. We are easily accessible from interstate 77.
At Oak Hill, 95% of graduates go on to college, and we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. We accept year-round applications.
Since 1878, we have transformed the lives of hundreds of unmotivated students. Our safe, nurturing environment combines structure with self-reliance, and discipline with discovery. We offer challenging academics, small class sizes and attentive staff.
Our boarding school combines structure with self-reliance, discipline with discovery and a firm hand with a warm heart. Our curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
Oakland School is a small co-ed boarding and day school in Keswick, Albemarle County VA (just eleven miles east of Charlottesville) that enables children who have learning disabilities or organizational and study skills difficulties to reach their academic and personal potential.
Thanks to a success-oriented environment and time-tested methods, hundreds of Oakland students have successfully returned to mainstream education since the school's founding in 1950.
The combination of daily one-to-one instruction, an emphasis on basic skills including Oakland’s specialty of teaching reading, a highly-experienced and nurturing staff and a success-oriented environment has enabled scores of children to reach their academic and personal potential.
The school is located on the site of a former plantation in the rolling countryside of central Virginia. Oakland's peaceful country setting and nurturing environment allow for truly remarkable learning to occur.