Art classes in Melbourne: Art schools in Victoria. Painting lessons for adults & life drawing courses. Art workshops for beginners & intermediate levels. Portfolio preparation for teenagers. Open studio programs for beginner artists.
Rings Road Art Studio, Melbourne: Rings Road Art Studio is a privately owned working art studio in Moorabbin, a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. We offer tutored and untutored drawing and painting classes for adults at beginner and intermediate levels. We also offer portfolio preparation classes for teenagers and adults. Our short and ongoing art classes provide an opportunity to develop strong technical skills and encourage creative thinking. We provide tutoring in various media and techniques with specialised weekend workshops both inside and outside the studio. Classes include figure drawing, still life, portraiture and landscape as well as open studio programs guided by professional artists and professional development for practicing artists.
- Life Drawing
- General Drawing
- Artistic Anatomy/ Classical Drawing
- Folio Preparation for Teenagers
- Portraiture (painting & drawing)
- Landscape (painting & drawing)
- Beginners Oil Painting
- Beginners Drawing & Painting
- Untutored Life Drawing
- Open Studio
- 20th Century Art Practice
Classes will assist participants at all levels of skill and experience to develop observational and interpretive methods in drawing and painting. The aim is to teach students foundational skills that will enable them to further their own artistic pursuits, whether it is advancing to tertiary level fine art studies or pursuing their own personal interests.
Our Objective: The objective at Rings Road Art Studio is to enable students to learn skills and techniques required for art production by focusing and encouraging the development of students’ technical ability. Classes provide the opportunity for students to enhance their artistic awareness through various processes of seeing and by working in a range of media. In all classes students will discover aspects of historical and contemporary concepts in art through their own production of artworks.
Billy Blue College of Design has campuses in North Sydney, NSW and Brisbane, Queensland in Australia. We have grown into a truly inspirational space for design education offering bachelor of applied design degree courses in various fields of design as well as certificate and diploma programs. We are proud to claim an iconic and affectionate place in the hearts and minds of the design community.
For more than 20 years, Billy Blue College of Design has been producing some of Australia’s most creative and successful design graduates. Originally founded by industry professionals, Billy Blue is a creative hub where current practicing professionals come to teach and meet with students and staff.
At Billy Blue we don’t work in a theoretical vacuum. Our qualifications, whether vocational courses or higher education bachelor degrees, are born out of our original mission of ‘design education for designers by designers.’ At Billy Blue we proudly produce ‘thinkers who can do’.
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Communication)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Environment)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Commercial Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Residential Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Fashion)
- Certificate III in Printing and Graphic Arts
- Diploma of Printing and Graphic Arts (Digital Production)
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is the visual arts faculty of the University of Sydney. SCA is a premier provider of contemporary art education and research around the world offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in contemporary visual arts. SCA’s student population is diverse and one in six students are international students.
Leading the research and practice of contemporary art in Australia since 1976, SCA delivers innovative educational programs that support the professional success of graduates. A faculty of the University of Sydney, SCA continues the tradition of academic excellence associated with Australia’s most established educational institution.
SCA’s campus is located in the historic Kirkbride buildings in Rozelle, a suburb in the inner west of Sydney, and overlooks Sydney harbour. SCA provides free student and visitor parking on campus and is easily accessible by public transport.
The educational programs are studio-based and facilities include computer and multimedia laboratories, print, clay, glass, wood and metal workshops, film / video & sound production and editing facilities, SCA Gallery, SCA library and several student exhibition spaces.
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in visual arts:
- The Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is three-year undergraduate degree program for those wishing to establish a practice in the contemporary visual arts, with the option of an honours degree also available.
- Master of Film and Digital Image
- Master of Interactive and Digital Media
- Master of Studio Art
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Specialist short courses in visual art are sometimes available.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Shillington College is a world class Graphic Design college offering full time and part time design courses in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane (Australia) and London and Manchester (UK). The course is continuously adapted to the times and our students are taught by outstanding graphic designers on the latest software. The course is run like a studio so that our students can learn work to realistic industry deadlines. Each student has use of their own computer for the entire course and will graduate with a professional portfolio.
Fully Accredited & Austudy Approved full time and part time graphic design courses (Cert IV in Design). The only prerequisites for the course are excellent English skills, basic knowledge of how to use a computer (either mac or PC) but most of all, a passion for design.
Sydney Art School is an an Independent School for Visual Arts located in the Baulkham Hills area of Sydney. We provide Art Classes and Workshops in the Hills District. Because of a deep personal love of art and enjoying exploring all forms of visual art, we created an art school to help others share the pleasure of discovering their own personal creativity. Classes are available in painting, life drawing, drawing, figure painting, creative jewelery, impressionism & modern art.
Our art school is designed to cater for all levels of experience, from beginners to experienced artists. As a student at Sydney Art School you have the opportunity to learn from a variety of tutors with a diverse range of skills and perspectives. This engages you in a wider range of learning experiences and accelerates the development of your artistic ability.Our art class sizes are small because having well credentialed tutors is not enough. You also need to get time for personal instruction.
Art Classes and Workshops. Classes are available in painting, life drawing, drawing, figure painting, creative jewelery, impressionism & moderntart. Suitable for all levels plus portfolio preparation for entry to tertiary fine arts diploma or degree.
Sydney is the perfect place to learn photography. Join Andy Piggott, a professional photographer since 1981, for a few hours at his studio in North Sydney and you will come away a more confident photographer. Not bought your camera yet? DSLR Cameras can be borrowed for the classes. Digital photography is an exciting way be creative, capture memories and to have fun! Andy Piggott is passionate about photography and would like to help make you a more confident photographer.
Photography workshops are a great way to improve your picture taking skills and learn new techniques while having fun. You may be planning a big trip and want to make sure you come back with the best possible travel shots. Travel photography is his specialist subject and he can give you a lot of advice on gear, locations, techniques and tips for better travel photography. Private Lessons for intensive learning are available when you need to make progress as rapidly as possible. You can choose exactly what aspects of photography are covered.