Oceania Polytechnic Institute Of Education: Melbourne is Victoria's capital and Australia's second largest city. It has a population of approximately 3.5 million people, it is exciting, safe, cosmopolitan, multiculturally rich and has been classified as one of the world's most liveable cities. Situated on the southern coast of Australia it has many sandy beaches, a historical port, beautifully developed river sites and an abundance of parks and spectacular gardens, which justify the phrase used when describing Melbourne as a "Garden City". It is an elegant and stylish place, with a large number of shopping centres, a very efficient public transport network and a glorious blend of historical and modern architecture.
OPIE is located in the heart of the central business district of Melbourne. Currently two whole floors, a tea/coffee common room, three lecture rooms, three large studios with individual workstations, an exhibition space for student works, as well as a specialized reference library and a computer lab.
School / Office Address: 446 Collins Street
Art Encounters in Elsternwick, Melbourne is the perfect place to explore your creativity and learn how to make art. Art Encounters was established in 1998 to provide the community with a school where people could rekindle and awaken their creative expression and desire to make art. We provide a highly supportive and stimulating environment for the novice to commence the journey of art education. Perfect for beginners who like to study in a personal environment in small groups.
Drawing and Painting for Beginners; Art Making for Beginners; Classical Painting Classes; Weekend workshops in Materials, Colour, Life Drawing, Watercolours, Portraiture, Landscape Painting, Observational drawing, Painting the Nude, Children's Classes and more.
The John Curtin College of the Arts, located in Fremantle, Western Australia, facilitates an exciting new approach to learning through an arts-infused curriculum where integration of arts into the other seven learning areas enhances understanding in these areas.
In order to cater for the academic needs of highly able students, the college provides Academic Excellence Programs in humanities, mathematics and science.
Learning occurs within a caring, supportive environment that is responsive to students’ particular abilities and learning styles, and which challenges and engages them to achieve excellence in their particular field. Learning is underpinned by the college values of creativity, innovation and imagination; respect, care and compassion; excellence; a fair go; responsibility; and integrity.
Highly expert, merit selected teachers in the Arts learning areas demonstrate high levels of knowledge, understanding and commitment to excellence in their specific arts discipline(s). They are often gifted performers with expertise within their field and are well connected with industry. All teaching staff complete professional development in gifted and talented education delivery.
Selected high school students from across the state are given the opportunity to participate in a range of Gifted and Talented Arts programs including Artsmedia, Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Drama Music, Music Theatre and Visual Arts. An outstanding and balanced academic program is also offered for your child from Year 8 to Year 12.
Julian Ashton Art School - Australia's Oldest Art School
Courses / Programs
Julian Ashton Art School in Sydney offers full and part time courses to all students if there is a place, from 18 years to mature age, beginners and advanced. All our tutors are exhibiting artists dedicated to providing the perfect balance of individual tuition that allows students to proceed at their own pace. Diplomas and Certificates are awarded and Scholarships may be competed for by all enrolled students. They include; the Sir William Dobell, John Olsen, Brett Whiteley and Thea Proctor Scholarships.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Australia & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Sydney Design School specialises in the business of Interior Design.
At Sydney Design School we believe our graduates must be well equipped to meet the needs of the industry thats why we offer very practical, intensive courses in interior design and decoration with an option to complete a business qualification.
Billy Blue College of Design has campuses in North Sydney, NSW and Brisbane, Queensland in Australia. We have grown into a truly inspirational space for design education offering bachelor of applied design degree courses in various fields of design as well as certificate and diploma programs. We are proud to claim an iconic and affectionate place in the hearts and minds of the design community.
For more than 20 years, Billy Blue College of Design has been producing some of Australia’s most creative and successful design graduates. Originally founded by industry professionals, Billy Blue is a creative hub where current practicing professionals come to teach and meet with students and staff.
At Billy Blue we don’t work in a theoretical vacuum. Our qualifications, whether vocational courses or higher education bachelor degrees, are born out of our original mission of ‘design education for designers by designers.’ At Billy Blue we proudly produce ‘thinkers who can do’.
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Communication)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Environment)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Commercial Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Residential Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Fashion)
- Certificate III in Printing and Graphic Arts
- Diploma of Printing and Graphic Arts (Digital Production)
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals