Independent schools in New York City: Private schools in Brooklyn NY, preschools, private elementary, high, middle school, kindergarten programs, early childhood education, co-ed junior high school....
Big Apple Academy: The Big Apple Academy is a private, co-educational, independent K-12 school located in Brooklyn, New York. We offer educational programs for elementary school (Kindergarten through 5th grade), junior high (middle) school (6th through 8th grade) and high school (9th through 12th grade). Our school occupies two modern facilities located in the Gravesend area of Brooklyn:
- Our kindergarten & elementary school are located at 503 Lake Street, Brooklyn
- Our junior high school & high school are located at 2937 86th Street, Brooklyn
We invite children from different boroughs of New York City to enroll and develop their abilities in our elementary school. Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island NY are covered in school bus transportation.
St. Mark's Co-operative Nursery School, located in Rockville Centre, New York, is a non-profit organization owned and operated by its members - the parents. Accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs and registered with the New York Department of Education, we provide 3 year old, 4 year old and 5 year old enrichment classes as well as 2 year old Mommy and Me and Separation classes.
Our nursery school is special because we are a "cooperative." Our school is run by the families whose children attend classes. A co-operative nursery school represents the joint effort of parents and educators to provide young children with the best possible experiences for growth and development.
The Harvey School, located in Katonah, Westchester County, New York, is a coeducational college-preparatory school for students in grades 6 through 12. The school’s mission is to help students of varying abilities through academic challenge, faculty support and out-of-class activities. AP courses in biology, American history, calculus, chemistry, computer science, English, European history, Latin, and Spanish are available. Technology is integrated throughout the curriculum, and three Internet-accessible labs are available for student use. Basketball, cross-country, dance, football, ice hockey, and soccer are among the sports offered at Harvey. An optional five-day residential program is available for students in grades 9 through 12.
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
Mandell School is a co-educational institution for Toddlers through the Eighth Grade located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We are committed to providing a nurturing educational environment for children and their families, which through intellectual stimulation and emotional support, enable them to become responsible, active citizens of the world.
Mandell School curriculum is well balanced, exceptionally rigorous, yet flexible enough to allow for a range of leaning styles. Mandell uses both traditional and progressive approaches to teaching, incorporating use of manipulatives, collaboration and hands on experiential learning.
EL TALLER LATINO AMERICANO (The Latin American Workshop) is a non-profit arts and education organization in New York City. We offer year round art and music workshops for children. El Taller also has a 22-year history of being the musical home in New York for musicians from all over the Americas. Our Artistic Director Bernardo Palombo is a composer, performer and impresario who has brought some of the greatest names in American music to El Taller including: Mercedes Sosa, Philip Glass, David Byrne, Leon Gieco, Atahualpa Yupanqui and many more.
At our art classes, children can enjoy engaging in different techniques and processes while exploring their own abilities and aesthetic. Different processes that are explored include painting, drawing, sculpture, collage and multimedia projects. Our music classes which take place at our center or your school or other choice of location bring the room to life, with exciting instruments from different countries of South America including learning the instruments, rhythms and dances of the Peruvian coast.
St. Mary's High School, located in Manhasset, on the North Shore of Long Island, Nassau County, New York, is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school serving grades 9 through 12. St. Mary's High School is conducted by dedicated Lay and Religious men and women who value their ties to the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the Marist Brothers and continue their commitment to preparing young men and women for college and life-long learning. While celebrating the uniqueness of each individual, our mission calls us to continue our tradition of spiritual development, academic excellence, friendship, service, responsibility, and citizenship into the twenty-first century.