New York Military Academy: New York Military Academy is a college preparatory boarding school with a military tradition. Established in 1889 in Cornwall- on-Hudson, New York about 50 miles north of NYC, NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college preparatory military school for day and boarding students in grades 7 through 12.
Situated in New Lebanon, a town in Columbia County NY, Darrow School is a co-educational college preparatory boarding & day school for students in Grades 9-12. We provide a challenging, hands-on college preparatory curriculum with a student/teacher ratio of 5:1.
At Darrow, we are dedicated to serving students with diverse backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life.
Darrow’s student residences offer a cozy, home-like setting. Most student rooms are doubles, and in addition to sharing a room, each student gets in the habit of neatening up to pass room inspection.
Located on a secure 365-acre campus, we have 26 school and boarding buildings, playing fields, extensive hiking and cross-country ski trails, ponds, sheep pastures, orchards, marshlands, and an expansive forest.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys & girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Pennsylvania, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
The Stony Brook School, located in Stony Brook (50 miles East of NYC), on the beautiful north shore of Long Island, New York, is a college preparatory, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 7-12.
SBS is home to approximately 180 boarders every year. Our desire is for our students to learn and grow as they live together in a safe and comfortable community. There are currently 7 single-gender residential halls that house our boarding students and approximately 14 to 15 faculty families.
Students are trained to be leaders with integrity and virtue. The Stony Brook School offers an academic program that is challenging, comprehensive, and that recognizes the interconnected-ness of academic disciplines. Students are encouraged to ask questions, to think independently, and to write well.
The Storm King School is a college preparatory boarding and day school (Grades 8-12), located on the crest of Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Valley, one hour north of New York City.
Founded in 1867, The Storm King School celebrates a long tradition of helping students translate potential into success.
We do so through academic classes (including 10 AP classes and support for students with learning differences and the gifted), fine and performing arts with state-of-the-art facilities (including a 230-seat theatre), competitive sports and activities, outdoor adventure and extracurricular activities.
The Storm King School has a teacher to student ratio of 1:5 and a 100% college acceptance rate.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Boarding program for students in Grades 8-12
- Day program for students in Grades 8-12
Core Subjects Include:
- History (including US History)
- ESL History
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Performing Arts (theater, music, dance)
- Visual Arts (fine arts, digital design, photography, video and music production)
- Outdoor Adventure
Located in Amenia, Dutchess County NY, The Kildonan School is an accredited, co-educational day and boarding school for children and teenagers with dyslexia and language-based learning differences.
Only 90 miles north of New York City, we offer educational programs for elementary, middle and high school students (Grades 2-12). Boarding programs are available for students in grades 7-12, with 5-day & 7-day options available.
Our mission is to empower students with dyslexia by increasing their self-esteem and motivation. Students often come to us from educational experiences where they struggled to find success because that environment did not recognize their potential and/or know how to meet their needs.
Kildonan uses a pure Orton-Gillingham approach, which is an instructional approach intended primarily for use with persons who have difficulty with reading, spelling, and writing of the sort associated with dyslexia.