New York Military Academy: New York Military Academy is a college preparatory boarding school with a military tradition. Established in 1889 in Cornwall- on-Hudson, New York about 50 miles north of NYC, NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college preparatory military school for day and boarding students in grades 7 through 12.
Chapel Field Christian School is a nondenominational, evangelical, K-12 Christian co-ed school that provides boarding for Grades 8-12.
Located in Pine Bush NY, in the Hudson Valley, 90 minutes north of New York City, we are accredited by the National Association of Private Schools, and incorporated under the University of the State of New York.
Our high school students have the opportunity to take AP & College courses as well as Regents classes.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys & girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Pennsylvania, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Storm King School is a college preparatory boarding and day school (Grades 8-12), located on the crest of Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Valley, one hour north of New York City.
Founded in 1867, The Storm King School celebrates a long tradition of helping students translate potential into success.
We do so through academic classes (including 10 AP classes and support for students with learning differences and the gifted), fine and performing arts with state-of-the-art facilities (including a 230-seat theatre), competitive sports and activities, outdoor adventure and extracurricular activities.
The Storm King School has a teacher to student ratio of 1:5 and a 100% college acceptance rate.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Boarding program for students in Grades 8-12
- Day program for students in Grades 8-12
Core Subjects Include:
- History (including US History)
- ESL History
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Performing Arts (theater, music, dance)
- Visual Arts (fine arts, digital design, photography, video and music production)
- Outdoor Adventure
Located in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, on Long Island, New York, Ross School is a private, accredited, day and boarding school offering a Grades 7 - 12 boarding option in addition to a K-12 day program.
For students entering Grades 7–12 who live outside eastern Long Island and want to attend Ross School, boarding options are available in family-style housing with faculty house parents.
International students are integrated into the School while improving their English proficiency through placement in skills-appropriate ESOL classes. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels in the ESOL program are designed to meet the needs of a variety of students and allow for greater flexibility.
The boarding program is a wonderful opportunity for students to prepare for the increased independence and responsibility of college academics and to share their own unique background and experiences with others.
- K-12 Co-educational Day School programme
- Boarding option for students in Grades 7-12
- ESOL English language integration classes
Core curriculum subjects include:
- Cultural History
- Physics and Biology
- Foreign Language
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Health & Wellness
- Environmental Science
- Interscholastic athletics...
Located in Lake Placid, Essex County, New York, North Country School is a junior co-educational boarding and day school offering a traditional curriculum for children in grades 4-9.
Our students come from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and they are instructed by dedicated, multi-talented adults who teach, live with, and care for them. North Country is primarily boarding, but does enroll day students and five-day boarders.
Qualified children are admitted without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, or national origin. North Country School seeks to enroll students who are capable of being engaged in the classroom, the outdoors, the arts, and the social community.
The school provides a challenging academic curriculum for children of average or above average intelligence. With its emphasis on progressive education, the school is also successful with gifted students and children with different learning styles.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in Grades 4-9:
- Full boarding (including weekends) and 5-day boarding
- Day Programs for boys and girls grades 4-9
- Junior School
- Secondary School Placement Program
- Arts Program
- Learning Lab for academic support
- English as a Second Language for international students
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.