St. John's Preparatory School: St. John's Preparatory School is a private Catholic, co-educational high school for grades 9-12 located in Astoria, western Queens, New York City (NYC). Founded in 1870 by the Vincentian Fathers and serving Brooklyn Diocese for over a century at St. John's Preparatory School we are committed to its long tradition of excellence. We continue to achieve its original objective of helping students fulfill their potential.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
By offering a challenging college preparatory curriculum with extensive college prep courses PSAT, ACT and SAT and a wide range of honors and advanced placement courses we prepare our students for life at college and in the outer world. We are committed to upholding the traditions and ideals of Catholic education and are academically affiliated with St. John's University and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents to be administered by an independent Board of Trustees. We are accredited by the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE).
Courses / Programs:
- Programs for grades 9-12
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, science, social studies, business eductaion, art, computer science, languages, health and life skills, P.E.
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparatory Courses PSAT, ACT and SAT
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
ABC Languages, Manhattan - Classes in NYC & Online via Zoom / Skype
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
Located in Fresh Meadows in Queens NY, Highland Elementary School is a chartered private school that has proven its ability to excite, motivate and challenge students to achieve their fullest potential.
Highland creates a supportive environment in which its students thrive. Classes are purposefully kept small with an average of 15 students.
Our outstanding instructors quickly learn each pupil’s strengths and weaknesses; where they excel and where they need help.
Conveniently located in Greenwich Street in downtown Manhattan NYC, The Park Preschool provides quality preschool and child care programs for children ages 2-5 years old. Licensed and certified by The City of New York Department of Health and Bureau of Day Care, we offer full-day and half-day programs as well as extended day programs.
Established in 1989, our preschool was founded on the belief that children learn through play and we have developed a philosophy and curriculum that nurtures each child’s potential growth and instills in them a desire for discovery and challenge and a love for learning. Our goal is to create an inclusive setting that helps all children become self-confident individuals. Within our supportive environment, your child can acquire a positive self-image, a solid sense of security, and a lifelong enthusiasm for learning.
The teachers at The Park Preschool and The Barclay Street School will foster each child’s independent thinking skills and thus help the children become self-confident as they become sensitive to the world around them.
Developing good study skills in high school will prepare you for academic success in college. Learning how to effectively manage your time, how to prioritize your work and how to retain important information are skills that will be of huge benefit to you throughout your life.
While you still have the support of your teachers in high school, you are expected to think for yourself and to take control of your learning. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, you can improve your study habits by making a few changes to your routine. Your academic success is entirely up to you!
Try to study in quiet environments that are free from distractions - you can't concentrate effectively if you are constantly being interrupted. Have a dedicated study area at home, and use your school library also. If you have disruptive classmates, try to sit as far away from them as possible so you can focus on your teacher.
Create an efficient and realistic study schedule for yourself and stick to it. Study for blocks of 20-50 minutes and make sure you take plenty of breaks. Try to be physically active during your breaks but make sure you return to your study!
Study Skills for High School Students:
- Time Management: Use planners, study plans & to-do lists to keep you on track.
- Self-discipline: Attend all classes and meet every deadline for assignments. Set aside time each day for study.
- Focus in class and listen attentively. If you don't understand something, ask questions!
- Effective note-taking: Make sure you record important points.
- Be organized: Keep all of your study materials in one place.
- Have a dedicated study area free of distractions.
The Center for Dance and Body (CDAB) is located on the Upper East Side of New York City and offers a wide range of dance and fitness classes. Body Ballet, our signature class, was created by CDAB founder Anna Lederfeind and is a unique Ballet Barre Workout that allows even non-dancers to achieve a ballet dancer physique.
Each class, for amateurs, pre-professionals, and professionals alike, takes place in an atmosphere of serious purpose, concentration on physical improvement, personal care and attention, and a sense of joy and musicality. We offer private instruction in addition to classes. Custom-designed training, in particular audition preparation for pre-professional schools, are special features of the curriculum. We offer small classes and lots of personal attention.
Tutor Time Child Care / Learning Centers, New York
Courses / Programs
Welcome to Tutor Time in the heart of New York City in Manhattan! We provide Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Programs based on The Tutor Time® LifeSmart™ Philosophy of Early Childhood Education. designed by early childhood specialists and national experts to set each child on a path of life-long learning. Grounded in the latest research and understanding of early childhood education, Tutor Time LifeSmart nurtures and educates the whole child – cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally.
Our Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten classrooms include rich learning centers designed around these eight “Smarts.” Each invites children to participate in self-directed investigations that build problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Research shows that children learn best when they are actively involved in constructing knowledge through self-directed learning activities. Deep and true understanding comes when young children are supported, in playful exploration, by caring and encouraging adults, in rich and stimulating environments.