Private schools in NY State: Catholic schools in Putnam County, preschool in Carmel, independent elementary, middle school, early childhood education, kindergarten programs, Christian schools in New York metro area
St. James the Apostle School: St. James the Apostle School, located in Carmel, Putnam County (50 miles north of Manhattan), New York, is Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of New York offering Pre-Kindergarten through 8 grade programs. Our students are challenged in established academic programs as well as traditional Catholic theology and sacramental preparation.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
We prepare for our students' future by providing a solid foundation rich in strong moral and ethical values. At St James we emphasize leadership as well as teamwork and great community spirit.
Courses / Programs:
- Pre-K Program; Full Day Kindergarten; Elementary School (grade K-5); Middle School (grade 6-8); Physical Education; Foreign Language (Italian); Art; Studio Art; Computer; Computer Lab; Smart Boards; Library; Band & more...
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Oogie Art is the World's No.1 art portfolio preparatory school based on college and art award results alone. We are located in Manhattan, NY, Boston & Lexington, MA, and Shanghai, China.
Every year, we have help students gain admission with scholarships to their 1st choice colleges and universities.
These are the results from 2018:
2 students accepted from Harvard
1 student from Stanford, MIT, Yale
3 students from Cornell
2 students from Columbia University
+ and many more from SVA, RISD, Parsons, and Pratt.
The results of this year's 2019 for Early Action and Decision:
1 student accepted to Harvard
2 students accepted to Cornell
At Oogie, students will build college prep skills and develop diverse portfolios with varying levels of experience. Our rigorous classes hone student's technical skills in a range of media, as well as develop an extraordinary body of their own frameworks because our students follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their individual needs, goals and most immediate deadlines.
Class scheduling is extremely flexible - students register by the semester or year.
1. Art Portfolio Prep Program: Gr. 7-12 & Transfer
2. Junior Program: Grade 7-8
3. Art HS or Boarding School Art Portfolio and Audition Prep Program: Gr. 7-8
4. Young Talent program: Gr.4-6
5. AP Studio Art Program: Gr. 10-12
6. Foundation Program: Gr. 7 and Up
7. Curating and Art Research Program
8. Art College Counseling Service
- Perspective Drawing & Painting
- Figure Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Mixed Media & Collage
- Group Crits
- Film & Animation
- Fashion Design
- Business of Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Art
- Installation Art
ABC Languages, Manhattan - Classes in NYC & Online via Zoom / Skype
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
St. John's Preparatory School is a private Catholic, co-educational high school for grades 9-12 located in Astoria, western Queens, New York City (NYC). Founded in 1870 by the Vincentian Fathers and serving Brooklyn Diocese for over a century at St. John's Preparatory School we are committed to its long tradition of excellence. We continue to achieve its original objective of helping students fulfill their potential.
By offering a challenging college preparatory curriculum with extensive college prep courses ACT and SAT and a wide range of honors and advanced placement courses we prepare our students for life at college and in the outer world.
We are committed to upholding the traditions and ideals of Catholic education and are academically affiliated with St. John's University and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents to be administered by an independent Board of Trustees. We are accredited by the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE).
- Programs for grades 9-12
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, science, social studies, business eductaion, art, computer science, languages, health and life skills, P.E.
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparatory Courses ACT and SAT
Mandell School is a co-educational institution for Toddlers through the Eighth Grade located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We are committed to providing a nurturing educational environment for children and their families, which through intellectual stimulation and emotional support, enable them to become responsible, active citizens of the world.
Mandell School curriculum is well balanced, exceptionally rigorous, yet flexible enough to allow for a range of leaning styles. Mandell uses both traditional and progressive approaches to teaching, incorporating use of manipulatives, collaboration and hands on experiential learning.
Town House International School (T.H.I.S) is a non-profit, licensed pre-school in the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. We offer an enriching pre-school program that incorporates language, science, math, play, computers, music-and-movement and arts in a multicultural environment. We have a full pre-school curriculum, both outdoor and indoor play areas, and we visit the park and library. Our schedule options are designed to meet the different needs of different families.
We have qualified and experienced teachers who love their jobs. Our age-appropriate program focuses on the whole child in the areas of cognitive, socio-emotional, physical and intellectual development. Our youngest students are two and our graduates are five. The curriculum in each of our classrooms is age appropriate and incorporates the critical components of child-initiated and teacher-supported activities.
Millennium Tutors is the nation's premier private tutoring service, offering the most highly individualized tutoring programs for all standardized exams and academic subjects in New York City and nationwide.
Our academic tutoring programs include tutoring for K-8, high school & college students as well as children who have special needs. We offer SAT and AP (Advanced Placement) college test preparation courses. In addition, our postgraduate test preparation programs include: LSAT (Law School Admission Test); GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test); GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and MCAT (Medical College Admission Test).