High school study skills: Training programs online for high school students. Learn how to study better, study skills strategies online. Help with learning how to study effectively, online study aids for students in NY, CA, TX, FL, PA, NJ, IL, MA, NV, OR, MS, GA, WA, USA, Canada, UK England, Ireland, Australia, NZ, Asia...
Study Skills for High School Students: Developing good study skills in high school will prepare you for academic success in college. Learning how to effectively manage your time, how to prioritize your work and how to retain important information are skills that will be of huge benefit to you throughout your life. While you still have the support of your teachers in high school, you are expected to think for yourself and to take control of your learning. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, you can improve your study habits by making a few changes to your routine. Your academic success is entirely up to you!
Learning to study effectively:
Try to study in quiet environments that are free from distractions - you can't concentrate effectively if you are constantly being interrupted. Have a dedicated study area at home, and use your school library also. If you have disruptive classmates, try to sit as far away from them as possible so you can focus on your teacher.
Create an efficient and realistic study schedule for yourself and stick to it. Study for blocks of 20-50 minutes and make sure you take plenty of breaks. Try to be physically active during your breaks but make sure you return to your study!
Study Skills for High School Students include:
- Time Management: Use planners, study plans & to-do lists to keep you on track.
- Self-discipline: Attend all classes and meet every deadline for assignments. Set aside time each day for study.
- Focus in class and listen attentively. If you don't understand something, ask questions!
- Effective note-taking: Make sure you record important points.
- Be organized: Keep all of your study materials in one place.
- Have a dedicated study area free of distractions.
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center, Manhattan
Courses / Programs
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center is a preschool located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City, at 128 West 80th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues, half a block from the Museum of Natural History. We were founded in 1963 and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents in 1983.
Most of our families live or work on Manhattan's Upper West Side. However, the school has always been strongly committed to families from a variety of cultural, ethnic and economic backgrounds that reflect our diverse society, so families from all over the city have always been a part of The Brownstone.
The Brownstone School and Daycare Center is licensed by the New York City Department of Health and is a member of the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY), the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) and the Parents League of New York. We have been serving the community for 45 years and welcome children ages 2 to 5 years.
Tuxedo Park School is a private, independent, coeducational day school for students in preschool through to freshman year, and is one of the most unique educational opportunities for PreK -9th grade children in the United States. We are located in Tuxedo Park, a village within the southern part of the Town of Tuxedo, in the southwestern corner of Orange County, NY, 15 minutes north of Bergen County, NJ (and just west of Rockland County).
Although we are in the historic gated community of Tuxedo Park, New York, our students come from 35 different communities in Orange, Rockland, Bergen, and Passaic Counties. The New York Thruway and Routes 287 and 17 offer easy highway access.
Our challenging curriculum, high academic standards, small class sizes, and committed faculty create an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, growth, and interaction. We value respect, integrity, and perseverance, and we constantly strive to develop a sense of connectedness to one another, to our local community, and to the world around us.
- Primary School: Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grade.
- Middle School: Grades Four, Five, and Six.
- Upper School: Grades Seven, Eight and the Freshman Year (9th Grade), offers a challenging preparatory curriculum for students.
- After School Programs: Late Group (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday), Discovery Programs, Intramural Sports Program that meets on most Friday afternoons at 3:00 p.m. and Homework Club (from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.).
The Green Vale School is a co-educational, nonsectarian, independent day school in Old Brookeville on Long Island, New York, just 40 minutes east of Manhattan. We provide a superior academic preparation for boys and girls from Nursery through 8th Grade.
The School's highest priority is to ensure that students graduate with superior academic preparation which provides a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Self-discipline, motivation, and dedication to excellence are attitudes the School seeks to inculcate in all its students as they participate in the wide variety of learning experiences.
The character education program at Green Vale is the intrinsic thread that ties together the different school divisions and course offerings. This connectivity is based on the concepts of respect, responsibility, caring and citizenship.
Building Blocks Playgroup, is a NYS Dept Of Health Licensed child care facility, located in Manhattan, New York City. Our school is run by Mandy, an experienced Upper Eastside private school teacher and her staff offering year round, quality. Day care is available in our two beautiful Upper Eastside locations, on East 100th Street and First Avenue and East 95th Street and 3rd Avenue, for children ages 10 months to 2 1/2 years, and preschool children ages 2 1/2 to 4 years.
At Building Blocks Playgroup, we conduct special lessons and projects where the children will learn through several mediums such as cooking classes, science exploration and arts and crafts. Our daily and weekly schedule is typical of a high quality pre-school program with the added advantage of small groups and a low student/teacher ratio. Children are split into age groups for special activities and projects which are adapted to the range of developmental abilities of the children.
ABC Languages, Manhattan - Classes in NYC & Online via Zoom / Skype
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
Oakdale Academy is the largest independently owned and operated child educational school on Staten Island, New York. We have two locations offering modern and cosy facilities to serve families throughout Staten Island and Raritan Bay and Bay Terrace communities. Our school serves children from infants, aged one month through children of eleven years. Our programs are designed to foster creativity and independence, promoting academic enrichment through a specifically designed curriculum utilizing challenging and stimulating materials and teaching methods.
Our programs care for the child as a whole so that there is also emphasis placed on nurturing emotional growth, while sparking excitement and enthusiasm in learning endeavors. We have programs to care for and educate your children at all stages of development and growth.
We are open 7 AM to 7 PM to serve working parents. We have holiday care available year round as well. We also have available door to door bus transportation for one way or round-trip use.