Jewelry making schools in Brooklyn, NY: Jewelry classes in New York City for beginners, jewelry casting in wax / metal training courses. Learn to make jewelry in NYC, studio workshops in jewelry handcrafting, wax carving lessons.
The Bloomfield School, Brooklyn: The Bloomfield School is a jewelry making school conveniently located in Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY. We offer a variety of courses in jewelry casting, each with a slightly different focus. The Bloomfield School’s courses are taught in Brooklyn’s real studio environments by knowledgeable staff sharing expertise from their respective fields.
- Wax Working
- Stacking Rings
- Ring Making from Wax to Metal
- Pendant Making from Wax to Metal
- Jewelry Soldering Workshop
- Creative Jewelry Semester
Whether you’re trying out a new medium or refreshing an old skill, we hope that you come excited to use your hands and truly get into the exciting realm of jewelry casting. We’re sure that you will be proud of yourself and what you will make in our courses, but we also want you to leave with something more: the knowledge and ability to recreate and expand on each project in the future. We’re training you to be a competent jewelry maker, not just a student.
The Barrow Group Acting School is located in Manhattan, New York City. We offer training in Scene Study, Script Analysis, Playwriting, Directing, Film and Television Acting Technique, and other Specialty Classes for professional and emerging artists. Work / study and apprentice programs are available for students of merit.
At the heart of The Barrow Group School is the desire to promote clear and concise tools of the trade. These tools have been outlined and published in "An Actor’s Companion - 99 Bits of Craft" by Seth Barrish (TBG’s founder and co-artistic director).
- Scene Study
- Script Analysis
- Directing Class
- Solo Show Class
- 1 & 2 Year Acting Programs
- Musical Theatre Class
- Clown Class
- Alexander Technique Class
- Stage Combat Class
- Monologue Class
The Jewelry Arts Institute (JAI) in New York has been committed to researching, preserving and teaching the jewelry making techniques of the Classical Period for over 30 years, passing on these nearly lost traditions to students from all corners of the world. Located at 22 East 49th Street in Midtown Manhattan, we teach all classical jewelry techniques in every class. These techniques are granulation in silver and 22k gold, Byzantine enameling, classical chain making, classical settings, lapidary and other related techniques.
Since all projects are taught by one-on-one demonstration, students of all levels can be enrolled in all classes. This is true for both the semester classes and the intensive workshops. We have a teacher for every five or six students so the student receives a lot of attention. If a student were to complete all of the many projects we have developed, he/she would end up with a complete background of classical jewelry techniques.
NY Acting School for Film and Television offers year round classes in Acting for movies, commercials, TV Shows. The school is conveniently located on the West Side of Manhattan, in New York City. All levels and ages are welcome, beginners, intermediate, advanced and professional actors study with us. Learn basic technique, monologs, scene study, improvs, audition technique, career advice. All classes are on Camera.
Acting classes are small and you will be on camera in every session. Work on your acting craft in a professional but intimate setting. Sessions run year round. Showcase your work for agents and casting directors! Students are invited to participate in screening of their monologues and scenes on the big screen. Showcases take place in New York three times a year. Agents, Managers and Casting Directors are invited.
A range of acting classes:
* Acting Class for Film
* Star in a Movie
* Acting in Commercials - Reading and interpreting boards, character portrayal, how to dress, blocking and hitting marks, use of props, handling the product, mime and pantomime, the business of commercials, pleasing casting directors
* Learn the techniques for auditioning, monologues, scene study, cold readings, improvisations
* We also offer film and TV acting classes for kids
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Located in midtown Manhattan, Studio Jewelers is licensed by the New York State Education Department and is one of the most progressive jewelry schools in New York. Studio We have been teaching people the art and business of jewelry creation with their jewelry classes since 1979. We offer full & part time courses, day, evening and weekend. We offer courses in Metal Fabrication, Jewelry Repair, Wax Modeling / Casting, Design, Diamond (stone)Setting, & Pearl/Bead Stringing.
Whether you are looking for a career in jewelry making or simply want to learn as a hobby, our continuous jewelry classes and flexible scheduling at our school make it easy to start learning right away. Approved for veterans, financial aid is also available for those who qualify. Our courses are open to the general public, students must be at least 17 years of age. International students accepted.