Fashion colleges in Manhattan NYC: School of fashion offering bachelor degrees in jewelry design, fashion business & fashion technology. Masters programs in fashion management & textile studies, undergraduate & graduate fashion industry education in NYC.
Fashion Institute of Technology: Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) is an internationally recognized college for fashion, art, communications, design, and business. Situated in the heart of Manhattan's Chelsea district, our undergraduate and graduate academic programs prepare you for a career in more than 30 fields leading to Associate’s, Bachelors and Master’s degrees in areas including fashion design, fashion merchandising management, fabric styling, jewelery design, illustration, and graphic design among many others.
The college is located at West 27th Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues. This midtown location, the center of the fashion industries, is easily reached by every subway, major railroad line, and bus route in the city. Though there are parking garages in the neighborhood, there is no on-campus parking.
Conveniently located on 46th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue (only a few blocks from Grand Central Station) in Midtown Manhattan, NYC, PhotoUno Photography School provides beginner and intermediate-level photography courses, private classes, seminars and workshops.
PhotoUno Photography School is ideal for hobbyist photographers who are living in, working in or visiting the New York City metropolitan area. At PhotoUno, we have made a great effort to make photography fun and easy to understand. We offer hands-on training within an atmosphere that fosters collaborative learning. In our photography courses, we take no more than nine students to insure the quality of training.
Our private classes are tailor-made for each student. Our formally trained instructors from distinguished institutions working in a variety of specialties have undergone additional training to insure you have a consistently positive and instructive experience at our school.
Founded in 2003, PhotoManhattan is an established photography school in Manhattan, NYC offering excellent digital and film photography courses, private classes and free seminars as well as affordable darkroom and photo studio rentals. Introductory and advanced photographic instruction are offered at a fraction of the cost of larger institutes and schools in the area. Emphasis is given to basic topics, critical technique and control of the camera. People of all ages and capabilities are welcome.
Our photography classes are designed for students who wish to learn photography as a hobby, therefore our courses are not accredited. We are committed to the idea of photography as an accessible means of personal expression and artistic documentation.
PhotoManhattan's curriculums have been tested and improved over the years to provide solid and dynamic training to thousands of students of all levels. Whether you just want to learn how to use your camera in full manual mode, take an outdoor photography class in New York city, or master the techniques of Studio and Lighting, PhotoManhattan could be the place for you!
Bianca Lopez Studio of Jewelry Art and Design, NYC
Courses / Programs
The Bianca Lopez Studio of Jewelry Art and Design is a quiet, light-filled studio located downtown in NoHo, New York City, where anyone from beginners to advanced students can learn the craft of jewelry-making and develop their own business as jewelry designers.
Our curriculum, which can be molded to meet the needs of individual students, draws from the history of jewelry and the other forms of decorative art from the ancient classical period to the present. We offer regular classes in Metals and Wax, special workshops on a broad range of design topics, and individual consultations for jewelry designers with new or growing businesses. We believe in using the most environmentally friendly materials and methods.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Online Candle Making Classes for New York City & NY residents
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in New York with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in New York, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
Bridgeview School of Fine Arts in Queens, New York City, is a professional art studio specializing in College Portfolio Preparation, Drawing, Painting and Sculpture classes for children and adults. The Bridgeview approach is based on the centuries-old techniques developed by generations of European masters. These techniques were painstakingly preserved in Russia through the 20th century while they were much forgotten in the west.
Our students win many prestigious awards, get accepted with scholarships to specialized art high schools and colleges, some even sell their own work at an early age. And those who want to pursue art as a hobby also make fast progress.