Fashion programs in NYC: Fashion college in Manhattan offering bachelor degrees in jewelry design, fashion business & fashion technology. Masters in fashion management, textile studies, undergraduate & graduate fashion industry education in New York City.
Fashion Institute of Technology, Manhattan: Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City is an internationally recognized college for design, fashion, art, communications, and business. Located in the heart of Manhattan's Chelsea district, our undergraduate and graduate academic programs prepare you for a career in more than 30 fields leading to Associate’s, Bachelor's and Master’s degrees in areas including fashion design, jewelery design, fabric styling, fashion merchandising management, illustration, photography, advertising and marketing among many others.
Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs Offered by FIT: Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- Accessories Design - Advertising Design - Advertising and Marketing Communications - Art History and Museum Professions - Communication Design Foundation - Computer Animation and Interactive Media - Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing - Direct and Interactive Marketing - Entrepreneurship - Fabric Styling - Fashion Design - Fashion Merchandising Management - Fine Arts - Graphic Design - Home Products Development - Illustration - Interior Design - International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries - Jewelry Design - Menswear - Packaging Design - Photography - Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries - Technical Design - Textile Development and Marketing - Textile/Surface Design - Toy Design - Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design
Graduate Degree Programs:
Master of Arts Degree Programs: - Art Market: Principles and Practices - Exhibition Design - Fashion and Textile Studies: History, Theory, Museum Practice - Sustainable Interior Environments
Master of Fine Arts Degree Program: - Illustration
Master of Professional Studies Programs: - Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management - Global Fashion Management Executive Education
We also offer Executive Education programs & online courses.
Conveniently located on West 8th Street in Lower Manhattan, between Sixth Avenue and Fifth Avenue, The New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting & Sculpture offers a range of art programs to adults and students, including a Master of Fine Art (MFA) and Certificate Program in Fine Art which mirrors the Masters Degree. We provide full and part-time programs as well as evening and weekend courses designed to suit the needs of art students from all over the world from our historical campus in the heart of Lower New York City.
For students enrolled in the full-time programs, enrolment offers the chance to combine historical practice with independent creative thought, allowing the chance to benefit from the atelier method while having the time and space to explore their own individual creative efforts.
Part-time students, who can enroll in either the Drawing Marathons (offered three times a year - in the Summer Session or in the fall and spring) or Evening & Saturday classes, get to experience the intensity and rigor offered by the School in a more condensed manner. These courses are open to both beginning and advanced artists.
The New York Film Academy is a dynamic institution offering intensive, hands-on training in filmmaking, acting for film, digital journalism in affiliation with NBC News, documentary filmmaking, producing, screenwriting, and 3-D animation. The Academy was founded in 1992 at Robert DeNiros Tribeca Film Center on a belief that a top quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films.
Since that time we have grown into our own facilities in Manhattans Union Square and Soho. We also opened Film Academies at Universal Studios in Los Angeles and London, UK, England.
The New York Film Academy was designed for a new generation of filmmakers, screenwriters, actors, producers and animators who share a passion for motion pictures and want to learn by making their own projects in a hands-on, intensive program. Each year hundreds of students of all occupations, races, ethnicities, and of a wide range of ages from around the world benefit from the extraordinary education offered at the New York Film Academy.
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Filmmaking
- MFA in Acting
1 & 2-year Certificate Programs/ 4-8 Week Short Courses in:
- Film Production
- Digital Journalism
- Music Video
- Acting for Film
- Acting Workshops
- Evening Workshops
- Continuing Education...
Established more than 25 years ago, TVI Actors Studio is a prestigious acting school in New York City that provides a range of acting classes, acting workshops and year-round / summer acting programs for aspiring and professional actors from throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We teach adults, teenagers and children from the age of 7. The TVI Actors Studio is conveniently located in the Actors Equity Building in the center of the NYC Film and Theatre District in Times Square, Manhattan.
Our staff of working, professional actors assists aspiring talent of all experience levels. We also offer acting classes with top casting directors, talent agents, and prominent acting coaches - the most complete, practical acting training available anywhere.
We established our New York Acting School as a practical studio where aspiring actors could learn from working professionals how to go from where they are to where they want to be. To this day, we remain the only studio that combines acting classes with one-on-one career growth assistance from our staff of professional actors. We always use the latest of modern technology available in today’s Hollywood film and television industry.
- The Hybrid Conservatory: Training & Performance: 16-week full-time program
- 2-week Summer Intensive: Professional Actor Training Program
- 5-day Industry Intensive
- 1-week Summer Acting Course for Young Actors, Children &Teens (ages 7-17)
- Classes in the fields of Acting, Auditioning, Commercial, Film, Hosting, Primetime TV, Scene Study, Stand-Up Comedy Improvisation and Young Actors Academy
Online Candle Making Classes for New York City & NY residents
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in New York with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in New York, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
Founded in 2003, PhotoManhattan is an established photography school in Manhattan, NYC offering excellent digital and film photography courses, private classes and free seminars as well as affordable darkroom and photo studio rentals. Introductory and advanced photographic instruction are offered at a fraction of the cost of larger institutes and schools in the area. Emphasis is given to basic topics, critical technique and control of the camera. People of all ages and capabilities are welcome.
Our photography classes are designed for students who wish to learn photography as a hobby, therefore our courses are not accredited. We are committed to the idea of photography as an accessible means of personal expression and artistic documentation.
PhotoManhattan's curriculums have been tested and improved over the years to provide solid and dynamic training to thousands of students of all levels. Whether you just want to learn how to use your camera in full manual mode, take an outdoor photography class in New York city, or master the techniques of Studio and Lighting, PhotoManhattan could be the place for you!
Founded in 2004 by two artists, the Transart Institute in Manhattan, NYC is an art school that provides a contemporary learning experience without grades or pre-formatted curricula. We offer an international low-residency Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and a practice-based PhD program for working artists in a highly individualized format.
Our students are generally working professionals with wider world experience than students from a serial undergraduate/graduate course of study. The low-residency approach, with intensive residencies, gives our students the opportunity for deeper academic experiences than within a traditional full residency context.
The innovative MFA program consists of three intensive summer residencies with lectures, workshops, critiques, seminars, performances and exhibitions in Europe and two fall residencies in New York. In the four semesters between residencies, students create their own course of study realizing individual art and research projects with the support of faculty and self-chosen artist mentors wherever they work and live.
The MPhil/PhD is a three to four year full time degree program with an average work commitment of 30 hours per week. The Degree is only offered for practice-based research (creative work) accompanied by a written thesis that contextualizes the work.