Fashion programs in NYC: Fashion college in Manhattan offering bachelor degrees in jewelry design, fashion business & fashion technology. Masters in fashion management, textile studies, undergraduate & graduate fashion industry education in New York City.
Fashion Institute of Technology, Manhattan: Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City is an internationally recognized college for design, fashion, art, communications, and business. Located in the heart of Manhattan's Chelsea district, our undergraduate and graduate academic programs prepare you for a career in more than 30 fields leading to Associate’s, Bachelor's and Master’s degrees in areas including fashion design, jewelery design, fabric styling, fashion merchandising management, illustration, photography, advertising and marketing among many others.
Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs Offered by FIT: Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- Accessories Design - Advertising Design - Advertising and Marketing Communications - Art History and Museum Professions - Communication Design Foundation - Computer Animation and Interactive Media - Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing - Direct and Interactive Marketing - Entrepreneurship - Fabric Styling - Fashion Design - Fashion Merchandising Management - Fine Arts - Graphic Design - Home Products Development - Illustration - Interior Design - International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries - Jewelry Design - Menswear - Packaging Design - Photography - Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries - Technical Design - Textile Development and Marketing - Textile/Surface Design - Toy Design - Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design
Graduate Degree Programs:
Master of Arts Degree Programs: - Art Market: Principles and Practices - Exhibition Design - Fashion and Textile Studies: History, Theory, Museum Practice - Sustainable Interior Environments
Master of Fine Arts Degree Program: - Illustration
Master of Professional Studies Programs: - Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management - Global Fashion Management Executive Education
We also offer Executive Education programs & online courses.
NY Acting School for Film and Television offers year round classes in Acting for movies, commercials, TV Shows. The school is conveniently located on the West Side of Manhattan, in New York City. All levels and ages are welcome, beginners, intermediate, advanced and professional actors study with us. Learn basic technique, monologs, scene study, improvs, audition technique, career advice. All classes are on Camera.
Acting classes are small and you will be on camera in every session. Work on your acting craft in a professional but intimate setting. Sessions run year round. Showcase your work for agents and casting directors! Students are invited to participate in screening of their monologues and scenes on the big screen. Showcases take place in New York three times a year. Agents, Managers and Casting Directors are invited.
A range of acting classes:
* Acting Class for Film
* Star in a Movie
* Acting in Commercials - Reading and interpreting boards, character portrayal, how to dress, blocking and hitting marks, use of props, handling the product, mime and pantomime, the business of commercials, pleasing casting directors
* Learn the techniques for auditioning, monologues, scene study, cold readings, improvisations
* We also offer film and TV acting classes for kids
The Barrow Group Acting School is located in Manhattan, New York City. We offer training in Scene Study, Script Analysis, Playwriting, Directing, Film and Television Acting Technique, and other Specialty Classes for professional and emerging artists. Work / study and apprentice programs are available for students of merit.
At the heart of The Barrow Group School is the desire to promote clear and concise tools of the trade. These tools have been outlined and published in "An Actor’s Companion - 99 Bits of Craft" by Seth Barrish (TBG’s founder and co-artistic director).
- Scene Study
- Script Analysis
- Directing Class
- Solo Show Class
- 1 & 2 Year Acting Programs
- Musical Theatre Class
- Clown Class
- Alexander Technique Class
- Stage Combat Class
- Monologue Class
The Bloomfield School is a jewelry making school in Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY. We offer a range of quality courses in jewelry casting, each with a slightly different focus. The Bloomfield School’s courses are taught in Brooklyn’s real studio environments by knowledgeable staff sharing expertise from their respective fields.
Whether you’re trying out a new medium or refreshing an old skill, we hope that you come excited to use your hands and get into it. We’re sure that you will be proud of yourself and what you will make in our courses, but we also want you to leave with something more: the knowledge and ability to recreate and expand on each project in the future. We’re training you to be a competent maker, not just a student.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Conveniently situated in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, New York Jewelry Design Institute (NYJDI) is dedicated to helping beginners and professionals develop the skills they need to compete and thrive in today’s jewelry industry.
We provide a range of quality jewelry design courses at our school in the heart of New York City. We also provide online / distance learning courses.
In our on-site and online classes, you learn new design concepts and how to put your ideas onto paper by using color, perspective and shaping.
Thanks to Director Jenine Lepera Izzi’s focus on networking and building business relationships, the school is also an excellent resource for students to make connections with many influential professionals throughout the jewelry world.
On-Site Jewelry Design Courses:
- CAD Rapid Rendering
- Illustrator for Jewelry Design
- Watercolor for Jewelry
- Manufacturing & Global Sourcing for Jewelry
- Jewelry Merchandising
- Marketing & Branding for Jewelry Designers
Online / Distance Learning Jewelry Programs:
- Jewelry Styles through the Decades
- Shades of Difference: Understanding the Role of Color in Jewelry Design
- The Business of Jewelry Design
- Finding Inspiration in Design
Located in Tribeca, lower west Manhattan NY, The New York Academy of Art is a private, not-for-profit art university offering Master of Fine Arts degree programs with concentrations in drawing, painting and sculpture to U.S. and International students. The New York Academy of Art also provides Continuing Education opportunities. At the New York Academy of Art, we believe that the world of visual art is built upon the essential cornerstones of figurative drawing, painting, and sculpture. Mastering these disciplines is critical to the development of an artist's personal vision and, ultimately, to the creation of vital contemporary art.
The New York Academy of Art offers a rigorous Master of Fine Arts degree with concentrations in drawing, painting and sculpture. Students receive instruction in studio courses, seminars and lectures, with a strong emphasis on individual and group critiques. The two-year program continues the tradition of figurative art through intensive anatomy courses, traditional skills training and ongoing discourse about contemporary practice with peers, renowned artists and academics.