Tutor Time Child Care / Learning Centers, New York:
Welcome to Tutor Time in the heart of New York City in Manhattan! We provide Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Programs based on The Tutor Time® LifeSmart™ Philosophy of Early Childhood Education designed by early childhood specialists and national experts to set each child on a path of life-long learning. Grounded in the latest research and understanding of early childhood education, Tutor Time LifeSmart nurtures and educates the whole child – cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. Our Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten classrooms include rich learning centers designed around these eight “Smarts.” Children participate in self-directed investigations that build problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Early Childhood Tutoring Programs:
Infant Care Program:
(6 weeks - 18 mos.):
- Teachers read, sing, cuddle and play with infants throughout the day
- Develop language and coordination.
- Allow babies to safely explore their world at their own pace.
- Activities to develop fine and gross motor skills, to introduce early math and language concepts.
- Encourage the use of all muscle groups.
- All infants have their own crib and drawer labeled with his/her name
- Naps, diapers and feedings are provided based on child's indivual needs
- Bottle are warmed gently and discared one hour after heated
- All infant's hands are washed before and after each daiper change
- All sufaces in the classroom (mattress, countertops, toys, changing tables) are sanitized with soap, water and bleach
- Parents receive a personalized account of their child's day - everyday
- Teacher / Child Ratio: 1:4
Toddler Care Program:
(12 mos. - 2 years old):
- Promote good social skills.
- Balance individual attention with group interactions.
- Promote positive use of the child’s energy.
- Encourage investigation and active learning with age appropriate activities.
- Work on language and literacy skills.
- Introduce early math concepts.
- Refine motor skills through hands-on activities.
- Help develop good social interactions.
- Daily information on activities, meals, diapering and general information.
- At this stage children’s independence grows, and so does the need to discover more about the world, we encourage inquisitiveness and creativity and help children grow their own special talents.
- Teacher / Child Ratio: 1:5
Twaddler Care Program:
(2 - 3 years old):
- We create a space where children can explore, investigate and build confidence.
- Help them understand their independence, influence and control.
- Promote their verbal and social skills.
- Find constructive ways to channel their energy.
- Provides guided exploration and investigation, while allowing for the independence they crave.
- Refine motor, cognitive and social skills.
- Introducing new concepts one by one as a child develops results in less frustration and greater self-esteem.
- Our stimulating, rich setting allows children to learn to make better sense of the world in which they live.
- Encourage literacy, basic math and science, promote social and emotional development, hand on activities further refine motor skills.
- Teacher / Child Ratios: 1:5
Prepper Care Program:
(2 1/2 - 3 1/2 years old):
- This is a transition program for children to get ready for a preschool program.
- Focus in on increased verbal and personal skills.
- Children learn to be problem solvers.
- Artistic activities nurture creativity.
- Foster self-esteem through group activities and individual attention.
- Teaching approach is to introduce new concepts one step at a time so the children feel proud of their accomplishments.
- Encourage activities that refine motor skills.
- Introduce children to new concepts in math, language, science an the arts.
- Teacher / Child: 1:5
Preschool and Pre-K Program:
(3 - 5 years old):
- Engage in developmentally appropriate hands on activities to help them learn about the world around them
- Are provided with a balance of quiet, noisy, active, self-initiated and teacher guided activities throughout the day to help develop pre-reading, writing, math, social, emotional and language skills
- Use the LIFE SMART* curriculum, based on Howard Gardner's philosophy of multiple intelligences, to allow children to find their own strengths
- Have their own cot and cubby labeled with their name
- Are served morning and afternoon snack and lunch
- Are provided with a variety of learning centers such as art, sensory, blocks, language, library, small manipulatives, a computer and a listening center
- Preschool Teacher / Child Ratio: 1:10
- Pre-K Teacher / Child Ratio: 1:12
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 6th Avenue, New York City, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.