TalktoCanada: TalktoCanada is an online English language training school based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that helps organizations and individuals improve their English in an online setting using virtual meeting programs such as WebEx. Students improve their speaking, writing, grammar and pronunciation all through online live training.
English Vocabulary We can help you build vocabulary skills for all your daily English interactions and your overall speaking skills. Students can study vocabulary used in business circumstances, in an educational environment, or the basics needed for speaking while traveling to North America or Europe. By taking an online English speaking course with us you will not only become a fluent English speaker but also achieve your goals for your job, career, life, education or to pass an English test to name a few. The best way to practice and learn English vocabulary is by speaking with a native English speaker online who can help you overcome the complexities and the difficulties of learning vocabulary by yourself.
English Pronunciation Our English classes can help you communicate effectively by improving your pronunciation. You will practice using word families to help you practice difficult sounds in order to achieve a fluent level of English speaking. Taking an online English speaking course with us will give you the chance to succeed where many others have failed in mastering English pronunciation. How else can you truly learn proper English pronunciation except when you are talking live over the Internet with a native Canadian English speaker who can help you with every little pronunciation mistake that you may make.
English Comprehension Skills By conversing with native English speakers in an online English speaking environment you will improve your vocabulary and speaking, that will help you improve your English speaking. Our online English speaking teachers will test you on short texts in order to evaluate your understanding and level of English comprehension. Speaking English is as much listening to what your teacher has to say while also being given the chance to speak and practice your English speaking skills in a safe and comfortable online meeting environment. Start your path to success and take an online English speaking course and learn just how much speaking with an English speaker on a weekly basis can help improve your spoken English drastically.
Business English TalktoCanada specializes in teaching business related English skills to businesses of all sizes from the small one and two person shops to the large established Fortune 500 Corporations. The staff at TalktoCanada.com are very well trained and well versed in teaching English online to a large variety of English language learners and business types.
TalktoCanada's programs are specifically developed to meet the needs of each individual employee and your organization as a whole. For example, the English business training course required for a member of your engineering staff could be vastly different from an online business English course for one of your call centre operators stationed at a different location. After a thorough assessment of your employees' level of English, TalktoCanada will develop an English language business course oriented training plan based on your specific business language needs.
At TalktoCanada we understand that in order to survive in today’s global economy one needs to stay focused, keep costs to a minimum while at the same time maximizing efficiency. Taking Online business English training courses through TalktoCanada accomplishes all this and more. Your staff can now take English language training at their desk. No need to travel to an offsite location. Once they sign off from the online business related Engish course they are ready to go back to work immediately.
TalktoCanada's online business English courses can make a significant difference in your company's bottom line. Through improved communications, your sales and service should improve dramatically.
Some of the key benefits of learning business English online with TalktoCanada are:
- Customized English training courses to meet your business needs. - You learn English online; no wasted time or money traveling to an outside training location. - Highly trained staff with extensive experience teaching English as a Second Language to all types of levels and backgrounds. - Online English language lessons can be recorded and archived for your staff. - We can keep you up to date on your employees' English learning progress as they learn through: weekly, bi-weekly or monthly English reviews. - Online English lessons can be easily adjusted to reflect your changing business requirements or goals.
Northwest Community College, Continuing Education / Industry Training (CEIT)
Courses / Programs
Based in North-West British Columbia, Northwest Community College (NWCC) is a publicly funded, government accredited, public post-secondary educational institution.
We provide online Certificate & Diploma programs in fields including Business Technology, Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, and Information & Communication Technology.
Our distance learning programs prepare students for general and specialized administrative support positions in a variety of business, education, and IT settings.
Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, discover a new hobby, advance in your career or start a new one – Northwest Community College's Continuing Education & Industry Training (CEIT) department has courses, certificates, and lectures that are flexible and convienient.
International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters
Courses / Programs
Based in Toronto, ON, the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters (IITCR) is an online court reporter and legal transcriptionist training school. We provide a range of distance learning court reporting / transcription programs and workshops.
We are the only online digital court reporter training institute in the world, and understand that different students learn at different paces. You may take your time at learning new skills or opt for accelerated learning so that you can complete your course sooner.
At IITCR, we believe every student will find our online educational programs exciting and challenging. Our goal is to equip every student with distinct employable skills.
• Acquire the technical skills and knowledge needed to become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist or Digital Legal Monitor from the comfort of your own home or office with online classes from Ministry-approved Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies.
• Based in Toronto, we provide a 14-week Court Transcription certification program and a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for students living in Canada.
• The Court Transcription course is delivered online by two seasoned ACT professionals who have worked for several years in the education, transcription, and court reporting industries.
• Participants can study from home up until the final exam which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference). Once graduates start working independently, their work can be done remotely wherever they live within Canada.
• Upon successful completion, you will meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and will be eligible to register and become an ACT. • The Digital Legal Monitor course examines the role and responsibilities of digital legal monitors within the specific context of pre-trial proceedings.
• Digital Monitors are a type of court reporter that uses audio equipment to record in-court or pre-trial proceedings.
Taught by professional transcriptionists who have worked in the transcription & court reporting industries.
The final exam takes place in-person in Toronto or Ottawa.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: - Duration: 4-16 weeks A DLM is a court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months
Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
• Master the art of spray tanning in just one day with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - a leading provider of online spray tan certification programs to students throughout Canada, the U.S & globally.
• An internationally-renowned sunless tan training school, Aviva offers comprehensive 3-hour online courses, delivered through our unique and interactive web-based environment where our course content is available when you want it: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• On successful completion of your online spray tan course, graduates receive a Certificate.
• With spray tanning become increasingly-popular, it is becoming more important for cosmetologists, estheticians, salon professionals, hair stylists, or makeup artists to become professionally certified.
• Learn how to win and retain huge numbers of new clients by providing exceptional service and a flawless tan every time!
• Aviva also provides on-site 1-day spray tan certification programs in cities throughout Canada & the United States, including in Vancouver BC; Toronto ON & Montreal, Quebec.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• "I thought that the Sunless Tanning 101 was great. I took the course online about 18 months into already tanning but I still had “Ah Ha” moments that have only helped me and my business. The one that sticks out the most is the amount of product I should be using and the solutions to use for specific skin tones! Aviva customer service has been impeccable!" Michele
With nine out of 10 graduates hired within six months of graduation, Toronto’s George Brown College has established a reputation for equipping students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. Our Distance Education courses provide you with personalized teacher support and feedback as you pursue an interest, a designation or a certificate in a wide range of fields including Architectural Studies, Business Administration, Health Services, and more.
Continuing Education at George Brown College offers distance education courses in a variety of ways. The courses may be teacher-directed online, self-directed online, OntarioLearn online, CD-based with online support, DVD-based with online support or paper-based with online support.
Many people choose to study in the comfort of their own homes, but distance education gives you the flexibility to learn wherever it is most convenient for you. Some of our distance education courses are semester-based. So, as with an in-class course, you generally need to register in advance of the course start date or shortly thereafter. But some of our distance education courses are continuous intake.
Course Categories include:
- Architectural Studies
- Business Studies
- Community Services
- Construction and Maintenance
- Dental Health
- Emergency Management Leadership
- General English
- Health Services
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Operations Management
- Technical Training
- Visual Arts and Design
- Writing and Publishing
Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Yorkville University is a private, online institution of higher learning. We offer three quality distance education degree programs to students across Canada, North Americ,a and from around the world.
Our Degree programs include Counselling Psychology, Adult Education, and Business Administration. The Yorkville online learning environment provides the perfect learning platform for adults who have full-time careers or family obligations but still wish to earn a university degree.
The Master of Education in Adult Education, and the Bachelor in Business Administration degree programs are taught entirely online, while the Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology is offered using an online/blended delivery model.
Our faculty are experienced teachers at the top of their fields, have doctoral degrees, are licensed practitioners or have extensive practical experience.