Music Schools: Online music course, composing & arranging classes, online music teacher / tutor, instrument voicing for bands / orchestras, chords, harmony, music theory by distance learning, internet music lessons, NZ, learn to write songs..
The Contemporary Music Course: ‘The Contemporary Music Course’ is a high quality online music course for beginners to advanced level students. You don't need any previous qualifications. Students can join or leave wherever they need to. You'll have instant access for a year, to 130 lessons that stream instantly from the net, on your computer, iPad or iPhone.
The Contemporary Music Course Music composing and arranging course for beginners but also for advanced students. Join or leave the course at whatever point you need. Comprises over three hours of visually and aurally interesting lessons in over a hundred video clips that stream to your computer, iPad or iPhone.
Free two day trial!!! If you are interested let us know via the form on our Contact Page and we'll get you up and running. (No strings attached!)
Musicians with a pop / rock background often reach a stage where they need more knowledge to compose and produce the music they are really capable of. The Contemporary Music Course will give a solid musical foundation without a student having to leave their home or their work or spend lots of money. Anyone, anywhere can take this course! You don't need any previous qualifications.
First you learn how to read and write music. This is essential for writing pop, jazz or orchestral music and you’ll be able to see every thought you had even years later. Then we study chords and harmony and transcribe some great songs. Then we learn how to write these chords for brass, strings and woodwinds. These instruments only play one note at a time and need every one of them written.
Finally there is a very compressed course on counterpoint. We must know this to keep movement in the music as we do in film scoring, but don't want a rhythm section in the arrangement. It's a great knowledge to have.
Subjects – ‘The Language of Music (theory)’, ‘Chords and Harmony’, ‘Voicings/Arranging 1’, ‘Two Part Harmony and Counterpoint’, ‘Writing for Drums’, 'Writing for Guitar'.
Massey University College of Creative Arts, Wellington
Courses / Programs
The College of Creative Arts at Massey University is a world-class art and design school based in Wellington, New Zealand.
The College is:
*ranked 11th by RED DOT, the international design awards agency, which gives Massey a distinctive seal of quality for its design programmes
*the first art and design school outside North America to be awarded “substantial equivalency” by the US accreditation body NASAD – the most comprehensive international benchmark for art and design education in the world
*number one in New Zealand for design and visual art research, according to the 2013 New Zealand government Performance Based Research Funding round.
The College provides a thriving, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment that fosters research, scholarship and creative practice. From selected entry to completion of their degree, students are equipped with a knowledge base and skill set that enables them to flourish in the creative industries, win awards, represent New Zealand and hold key positions that define creative thinking in businesses around the world.
Wellington is a thriving city of art, theatre, music, cinema production, multi-media and manufacturing industries.
The College delivers undergrad & postgrad programmes:
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Design
- Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts
- Diploma in Photography
- Certificate in Visual Arts and Diploma in Visual Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (visual & material culture)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Design
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- Master of Art/Master of Philosophy in visual & material culture
- Doctor of Philosophy
Natcoll Design Technology in Christchurch, New Zealand is a leading specialist provider of NZQA approved creative digital design courses and is at the forefront of digital design education and training. We offer a range of courses at different levels which can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Whether your passion is for animation, video post production, web development, interactive media or graphic design at Natcoll we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
We have three campuses located in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.
We offer Diploma courses and a foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
• Diploma of Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Diploma of Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Interactive Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Web Development - Level 6
• Diploma of Animation (Advanced)- Level 6
• Diploma of Video Post Production (Advanced) - Level 6
• Diploma of Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Established in 1986, Whitireia is known for producing work-ready graduates in New Zealand and overseas. The main campus is in Porirua, sitting at the edge of the scenic Porirua harbour, 20km north of Wellington City. It is close to beaches where swimming, surfing and boating are popular recreational activities. It has easy access to banks, shopping complexes, art gallery, gymnasiums, restaurants and public transport. We offer Bachelor Degree, Diploma & Certificate courses.
Visual Arts, Jewellery Short Courses, Dance, Acting, Music, Design and Multimedia, Special Efx & Post-production Short Courses, Photography, Creative Writing, Journalism, Publishing, Maori Arts and Design, English Language, Floristry, Short Courses.
MusicEverything, located in London, England, is one of the leading companies for delivering cutting edge and professional music production, sound engineering and DJ training courses in the UK. We have two branches which are located in Central London and South London with plenty of parking possibilities nearby. We are respected for providing exceptional individual training that is productive, relaxed and exciting.
We have been training people from all over the world since 1999 and our talented and experienced tutors and specialists have worked in the music industry for over 15 years as producers, remixers, engineers and dj's.
The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School
Courses / Programs
• Located just one hour south-west of London, The Ingenium Academy provides residential summer music courses in July and August for young musicians (ages 14-18) from all over the world.
• Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers.
• Seven exceptional musical programmes are offered at our international summer music camp: Orchestral, Piano, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, Chamber Music, and Conducting programmes.
• In addition, we provide a range of vocal and musical workshops in classical music, pop, jazz, gospel and opera, as well as evening activities and day trips.
• The heart of The Ingenium Academy lies within our distinguished faculty, which comprises some of the UK's finest teachers and musicians with extremely high standards of musicianship and expertise.
• Within our environment of creative excellence, you will experience exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in top British venues and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the world.
Student Review / Testimonial: "The Ingenium Academy was amazing, unforgettable and incredible - the happiest three weeks of my life!" - Anna, Cello Student, UK
Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide courses for students who have creative talent and ability but lack the necessary skills and qualifications to go onto tertiary design training or gain employment in the design industry.
We have three courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
The courses do not simply prepare students for entry to higher level training or employment, but give them the opportunity to excel. Palmerston North School of Design has the highest quality rating from NZQA.