Music Schools: Online music course, composing & arranging classes, online music teacher / tutor, writing music for drums, instrument voicing for bands / orchestras, chords, harmony, music theory, contemporary music, learn to compose music, songs on the internet
The Contemporary Music Course: ‘The Writing Musician’ is a high quality but inexpensive internet music school offering a contemporary music composing and arranging course for beginners to advanced students. You don't need any previous qualifications. Students can join or leave the course wherever they need to. Our online school can be accessed by anyone worldwide.
Email:Contact us below
'I love the way you've explained some of your theory - very clear and concise. Working my way through your material. Thanks for taking the time - it's an amazing resource.' Jon Bowen, Assistant Principal, HOD Performing Arts and Music, St Peters College.
Course / Program:
The Writing Musician will give a solid musical foundation without a student having to leave their home. First you learn how to read and write music - essential for writing any sort of music – pop, rock, jazz or orchestral. We learn how to write for a drummer, study chords and harmony, and then how to write these chords for a band or orchestra (basic arranging).
Then we learn how to write these chords for brass, strings and woodwinds. These instruments only play one note at a time and need every one of them written. Finally, there is a very compressed course on counterpoint. We must know this to keep movement in the music but don't want a rhythm section. It's a great knowledge to have.
- The Language of Music (theory)
- Chords and Harmony
- Instrument Voicings for a band or orchestra
- Basic Counterpoint
- Writing for Drums
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
The London School of Sound (LSS) is an Apple Authorized Training Centre offering music production courses, sound engineering courses and dj courses, one-to-one training and an audio engineering diploma. Our Apple Certified Pro Apps Training Programme is recognised by every other Apple Training Centre in the world.
London School of Sound is accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges) and can accept students from all over the world under the new tier4 point-based system.
- Music Production Diploma (2 Years)
- Music Production Professional Certificate (1 Year)
- Music Production Foundation Certificate (4 Months)
- Single-term intensive courses
- Short Courses
- Apple Certified Pro
- Summer Courses
- Customized courses
- DJ courses
- One-to-one training
Whitecliffe offers 11 tertiary programmes in arts and design - from foundation bridging to postgraduate. Programmes range from 18 weeks to 4 years in duration. Majors include Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Photography, Film/Video, Arts Therapy, Arts Administration and Fine Arts itself. Within the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, exit qualifications can be gained after each year successfully completed.
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, New Zealand's leading dedicated arts and design institution, offers stimulating pathways into arts and design careers for domestic and international students.
With our 25th Anniversary in 2007, we can offer renowned undergraduate arts and design education in the areas of fine arts,graphic design, fashion design,and photography, film and video. With postgraduate options of arts therapy, arts administration and fine arts.
Undergraduate Bridging Certificate of Art and Design (Foundation), Certificate of Art and Design - 1st year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art and Design - 2nd year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art & Design (Advanced)- 3rd year BFA exit qualification, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (4 years)
4 majors in the undergraduate BFA: Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Fashion Design & Photography, Film/Video.
Postgraduate in Fine Arts and Arts Administration, Arts Therapy and Arts Therapy (Clinical).
Delivering creative media courses since 1976. SAE Institute is where a career in Sound / Audio Engineering, Music Production, Digital Filmmaking, Web Development, 3D / Interactive Animation and Games Programming begins.
With 54 campuses in 26 countries, in the United Kingdom SAE Institute has 4 campuses in London, Liverpool, Glasgow, and the world headquarters in Oxford.
Our approach to creative media education recognises the importance of the practical and technological ability of our graduates together with the need to be familiar with the high-octane nature of the creative industries. This is reflected by our programmes not following the traditional academic year, in essence we don’t have the long holidays.
It allows a 3 year degree to be completed in 2 years with a focus on practical skills that enables our graduates to have the familiarity, drive, confidence and ‘can do’ attitude that sets them apart.
Start a new career in the exciting field of Music Production & Audio Engineering! Registered with the Ministry of Education, Orita Sinclair School of Design & Music in Singapore has a strong focus and commitment to educating well-rounded media professionals and artists.
We provide a Diploma in Music Production & Audio Engineering, which can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
In addition, we offer a range of short audio courses which train our students in specific areas in the field of Music Technology. Our certified school is located right in the heart of the historic Kampong Glam district of Singapore.
The school is a member of the Association of Private Schools and Colleges (APSC), a professional organisation whose primary role is to promote professionalism and academic excellence in the provision of educational programmes by member organisations. We are EduTrust and ERF (Enhanced Registration Framework) certified.
Orita Sinclair has a large adjunct faculty of industry practitioners with significant professional experience and expertise in their fields.
Whether they have started their own businesses or have chosen to remain in the frontlines pushing boundaries, our lecturers bring with them success stories, as well as a wealth of experience suited to helping students develop their portfolio as well as keeping the school curriculum.
The Ingenium Academy International Music Summer School
Courses / Programs
• Located just one hour south-west of London, The Ingenium Academy provides residential summer music courses in July and August for young musicians (ages 14-18) from all over the world.
• Our 1, 2 and 3-week programmes take place in the beautiful and historic city of Winchester, and aim to provide a specialised musical education of the highest calibre combined with an immersive cultural experience for talented teenage instrumentalists and singers.
• Seven exceptional musical programmes are offered at our international summer music camp: Orchestral, Piano, Saxophone, Vocal, Composition, Chamber Music, and Conducting programmes.
• In addition, we provide a range of vocal and musical workshops in classical music, pop, jazz, gospel and opera, as well as evening activities and day trips.
• The heart of The Ingenium Academy lies within our distinguished faculty, which comprises some of the UK's finest teachers and musicians with extremely high standards of musicianship and expertise.
• Within our environment of creative excellence, you will experience exclusive tuition from world-renowned musicians, performances in top British venues and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends from all over the world.
Student Review / Testimonial: "The Ingenium Academy was amazing, unforgettable and incredible - the happiest three weeks of my life!" - Anna, Cello Student, UK