The South Side School, Chicago: Located near Chicago's Loop in the vibrant urban environment of East Pilsen, and serving Lower West Side, Pilsen and South Side communities, The South Side School is an affordable independent elementary school with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum. We draw on an 90-year-old teaching tradition that engages the "whole child" - intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically - in time with the natural developmental stages of childhood. We are focused not simply on the college your child will attend, but rather the person your child will become: curious, compassionate, self-reliant.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
The uniqueness in a Waldorf education can be found mainly in how and when the students are taught-not in what they are taught. First comes the experience of the subject and from this experience comes the understanding of the concept.
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
* Our curriculum includes Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Chinese, Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, Movement, Handwork and Outdoor play.
* In the Waldorf tradition, we intend for our classroom teacher to remain with the class until the children reach 8th grade.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Grayslake, a northern suburb of Chicago in Lake County, IL, Westlake Christian Academy (WCA) is approximately 40 miles north of Chicago’s downtown, 14 miles west of Lake Michigan, and 15 miles south of the Wisconsin border. Westlake Christian Academy is a non-denominational private school for Pre-Kindergarten through to 12th grade students, within a convenient commute from Zion, Wadsworth, Waukegan, North Chicago, Gurnee, Round Lake, Lake Villa, Mundelein, & Libertyville.
The Academy seeks to provide a well-rounded education which includes scholastics, athletics, the arts, and community service in a nondenominational, evangelical context. In a personal and prayerful manner, WCA intends to educate children in partnership with home and church, striving to be a school "where faith and intellect have the freedom to mature together, at the same time, in the same place."
If you are searching for a school committed to an academically strong Christian education, we invite you to check out our academy. We are confident that you will be pleased by what you find. Westlake Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Junior High School program
- Senior High School program
- Fine Arts program
- Athletics program
* The Kindergarten academic emphasis includes number concepts, reading readiness, socialization and motor development.
* We provide a rigorous curriculum covering Math, Literature and Composition, Science, World Geography, American History, Spanish and Physical Education.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
British School of Chicago is located in the popular Lincoln Park area in Chicago City in Cook County, Illinois, with easy access from I-90/94 and the CTA Red Line. We offer nursery to year 12 programs consisting of a style of learning that's New World innovative and Old World refined. We approach every student's needs in a way that's as unique as they are. The student is at the centre of everything we do, and we help them build on their strengths, grow their talents and explore all the possibilities.
The unique and international style of the school has proven popular and attractive to a wide variety of American, British and international families in the Chicago metro area. The combination of three distinctive curricula, the International Primary Curriculum, the UK National Curriculum and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program provides a comprehensive, international programme of study which aims to equip every student with the essential skills for lifelong learning and meet individual learning needs.
Today, our enrolment comprises of approximately 485 students. British School of Chicago is accredited by the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA).
Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school where each young woman is educated to reach her highest academic potential, empowered to discover her unique place in the world, and inspired to become a confident, faith-filled leader.
Josephinum offers students a challenging academic curriculum and the support they need to achieve their highest potential. Josephinum's college-prep program prepares students to be successful in college, to help them gain admittance at the school of their choice, and to win scholarships that make college affordable.
As a Sacred Heart school, Josephinum shares the mission, values, and traditions of the Sacred Heart education. Josephinum is a welcoming and diverse community with a well-rounded program that nurtures the values of faith, academic excellence, service, and personal growth within students.
Education programs for girls in grades 9 through to grade twelve:
IB Literature, IB History, IB Biology, IB Math Studies, IB Theater, Theory of Knowledge, IB Language (French or Spanish), along with our 9th and 10th grade curriculum geared at preparing students for the rigor of the International Baccalaureate.
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class
Located in North Side Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, near Irving Park and the Lake, Smart Love Preschool offers a play-based curriculum within an eco-friendly environment as five day or half day (morning and afternoon) care programs for toddlers and children of 3-5 years. Families from Lakeview, Ravenswood, Irving Park, Avondale and surrounding Northside communities can be sure of the strength of our Smart Love philosophy which has been successfully applied by trained professionals in a broad range of settings for over three decades.
We have created a unique and inspiring toddler program involving spacious motor play and lively group times, designed especially for your child's optimal development. In our preschool section, theme-based, age appropriate content is taught in an engaging way that stimulates children's natural curiosity about the world around them and incorporates early math and literacy skills.
The Smart Love Preschool provides a setting that promotes young children's long-term academic success by strengthening their social-emotional health and inspiring their intellectual creativity through play-based learning.