Independent schools in California: Private schools in La Mesa, preschool in San Diego County, private elementary, high, middle school, college preparatory, early childhood education, kindergarten programs, individualized teaching in CA
Day-McKellar Preparatory School, La Mesa: Located in La Mesa in San Diego County, Southern CA, Day-McKellar Preparatory School is an accredited private school for children in grades Kindergarten through to 12th. At Day-McKeller, the emphasis is on critical thinking and reasoning skills. Our classrooms are designed to suit each subject and its optimal teaching and learning experience.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Accreditation: Day-McKellar Preparatory School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Kindergarten through to 12th grade
- Ideal 1:8 faculty-to-student ratio
- Individualized education for every child
- Constructivist, or experience-based, learning
- Emphasis on critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Expert writing instruction
- Harvard Math Standards
- Classrooms designed to suit each subject
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Huntington Beach, Orange County, Heritage Montessori School offers an excellent education to children ages 2 through to fourth grade. We follow a well defined, rigorous curriculum that is a blend of classical Montessori roots, modern enhancements, and innovative activities that encourage the development of fundamental skills. Our children test, on average, approximately two years above grade level.
Each child progresses on an individual basis within a social setting that is compatible for him / her. Our staff are creative, caring, educated, and enthusiastic in what they do. At Heritage, we want our children to grow into independent problem solvers and caring, responsible citizens. The Montessori Method has been time-tested for over 100 years and has achieved worldwide success.
Our teachers prepare the environment with a series of sequential, manipulative and sensorial materials that ultimately bridge the gap between concrete and abstract learning. With a great understanding of human development, the teacher observes each child, reflects upon his / her observations and individualizes the curriculum.
San Francisco Waldorf School is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian school providing education from Kindergarten through to Grade 12. We are located in the Richmond District of San Francisco, near Western Addition, Presidio Heights, Lower Pacific Heights and Cow Hollow neighborhoods. The school is fully accredited by the Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC) and by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
Our purpose is to provide Waldorf education in San Francisco for children from early childhood through to high school. San Francisco Waldorf School aims to encourage young people to bring the highest human capacities into their adult lives as they become world citizens of the future. At San Francisco Waldorf School, academic excellence, social responsibility, and the recognition of each individual’s gifts are the guiding educational ideals.
Our curriculum integrates the student’s developmental needs with intellectual and artistic skills. Our deeply committed faculty works together to foster each student’s sense of self-reliance, concern for community, and moral purpose.
Villanova Preparatory School in Ojai in Ventura County, CA, is a Roman Catholic secondary co-educational school based on the Augustinian tradition offering a rigorous college preparatory curriculum for grades 9-12, with both a day and resident (boarding) program available. Villanova consistently places students into many of the top colleges in the nation.
Through a balanced program of academic courses, athletics, community service, art and extra-curricular activities, Villanova channels students' curiosity, enthusiasm and energy so they can reach the full potential of their abilities and interests. Villanova provides an outstanding community-based education for its students with a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and an average class size of 16.
Villanova Preparatory School was founded in 1924 as a Catholic school in the Augustinian tradition. At Villanova, all educational and extra-curricular activities emphasize the Augustinian values of unity, truth and love. Villanova is a member of the Augustinian Secondary Education Association (ASEA) which comprises eight secondary institutions in North America and over 100 schools worldwide.
Seesaw Studio in San Francisco is a creative studio offering imaginative education classes and workshops for infants (from birth up), children and teens and their families. Our unique workshops and groups explore the multiple intelligences (i.e., language play groups, friendship skills, arts and crafts, dance, martial arts).
Tippi Toes Dance offers dance classes to children from 18 months to 7 years throughout the Huntington Beach Area of Orange County. Our classes are specifically designed to develop motor skills and body awareness while enhancing each child’s self-esteem.
Tippi Toes Dance Company classes have a remarkable impact on social and developmental growth. Our dance classes fuel and develop the imagination, critical thinking and sharpen both cognitive and creative skills.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).