Private Schools in California: Private elementary school in San Fernando Valley, Preschool Los Angeles area, Christian school in LA County, Private K-6 school close to Kagel Canyon, Granada Hills, Panorama City, Sunland, Sun Valley...
Glenoaks Elementary School & Wooden Shoe: Located in San Fernando, northwestern Los Angeles County, Glenoaks Elementary is a private Christian school providing Pre-kindergarten through 6th grade programs for children. We also offer preschool ages 2.5-5 yrs. old. Part of the United Methodist Church of San Fernando, our curriculum stresses the importance of God in the lives of our children, our families, our community, our country and all the nations of the world.
We teach children from San Fernando, Kagel Canyon, Granada Hills, Panorama City, Sunland, Sun Valley and surrounding San Fernando Valley communities. Our tuition is very affordable: K - $3,000 yr. and 1-6: $4,000 yr.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Applied Scholastics Academy San Diego is an independent, co-educational, non-religious school for pre-K through to sixth grade in La Mesa in San Diego County. We serve families in La Mesa, La Jolla, Muirlands West, Soledad South, Bay Ho, Sorrento Valley and surrounding communities. Applied Scholastics Academies are part of the Applied Scholastics Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard.
Each teacher is trained in Study Technology and in how to communicate effectively with children. Children are treated as individuals, not herds. We teach children how to learn so they can resolve their own learning difficulties and know how to get help when they need it. Our stress is always toward a purposeful understanding and ability to use the information they are learning. Children may enroll in this school as early as four years old, assuming the student will become five years old sometime during the current school year.
At San Francisco International School, located in the Richmond District of San Francisco, we believe that childhood is a time to be treasured, and we are committed to providing an engaging, innovative and rigorous social, emotional and academic program for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 students.
We recognize and embrace each child's unique learning profile and provide numerous opportunities for children's creative, musical and other intelligences to shine. San Francisco International School is commited to serving families in Cole Valley, Buena Vista Park, Dolores Park, Golden Gate Heights, Central and Outer Richmond and surrounding communities throughout the Bay Area.
Students are engaged in their education, feel successful in the classroom and see each day as an opportunity to discover and learn. Above all else, our graduates are balanced, internationally-minded citizens who will navigate a changing world with integrity and confidence. San Francisco International School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender and disability. Join us and, together, we will raise a happy, balanced, internationally-minded child.
- Junior Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
* Primary Years Program for Students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. Our curriculum is inspired by the International Baccalaureate (IB-PYP) program and we use the California State Standards as a guideline.
* Core Subjects include Math, Science, Language Arts, Global Education, Art, Music, Technology and P.E.
Saint Mark Elementary School, located in Venice, California, is a private elementary school serving students from Kindergarten through Grade 8. Saint Mark School (SMS) is a part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Catholic Elementary School system, fully licensed by the State of California, and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA).
Saint Mark Elementary School’s growth in the new millennium has focused upon the expansion of curriculum and activities that support our commitment to provide academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment, and to “care for self; care for others; care for the environment”.
Grace Childcare Center, located in Visalia, California, is a Christian Preschool & Childcare center offering programs to children aged 2 - 6 years. The preschool/childcare center program at Grace Lutheran Church trains the whole child: body, soul and mind. Through Bible stories the children learn about God's love. An excellent staff promotes the growth of the whole child: physically, socially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Grace Lutheran Church of Visalia provides a strong Christian education so that children may become faithful, literate and productive Christian citizens who will serve God and others with love.
- Preschool Programs for children aged 2-6 years
- Bible stories
- Learn about God's Love
- Excellent Staff
- Promotes the physical, social, emotional, mental & spiritual growth of the whole child
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school offering a preschool through high school program on one campus.
The campus is located in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest in the equestrian community of Lake View Terrace in the San Fernando Valley region.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history, and the various humanities.
A rigorous mastery of the basics forms the core of the curriculum, with the complete program developing a wide spectrum of skills and knowledge in cultural, scientific and social subjects.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Parent Testimonial: "I am so grateful that a school like Delphi exists. The academic program is challenging and it makes the study of vital subjects (like reading and math) absolutely fun and rewarding.”
- Elementary School Parent
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• Upper School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)