Private Schools in Illinois: Special needs education, Special needs boarding school for troubled teens, Residential treatment center for kids with learning disabilities, Programs for children / teenagers / youth with ADHD, emotional difficulties in Lake County area, IL.
Allendale Association, Lake County: Located in Lake Villa in north-western Lake County, Illinois, Allendale Association is a private, not-for-profit social service agency serving troubled teens / adolescents and children with moderate to profound emotional and behavioral disabilities. These youth and their families receive care and treatment through Allendale's residential treatment programs, day treatment special education schools or from our community based clinical programs and services.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Allendale serves over 700 children, youth and families annually. These children, often victims of abuse, neglect or severe mental illness, come to Allendale with the devastating experiences of failure in the classroom, misunderstanding in the home and isolation in the community. Our programs serve both male and female adolescents and kids ranging in age from eight to eighteen who are experiencing a wide variety of problems.
Special Education Programs:
- Allendale Association offers a full-time on campus special education program for elementary and high school students.
- We also offer residential treatment programs for troubled teens / kids.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
KC's Academy of Early Childhood Education, Chicago
Courses / Programs
For quality preschool, kindergarten, and infant / toddler programs, KC’s Academy of Early Childhood Education is the premier choice on the North Side of Chicago in Cook County. We are situated blocks from the Lakefront, conveniently located to serve our neighbors in Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Lincoln Park and Uptown. We are committed to education and providing excellent child care for your little ones.
At KC’s Academy of Early Childhood Education, we accept and embrace the fact that children construct their learning through playful interaction with objects, activities and people in their environment. We believe that these interactions result in your child’s acquisition of knowledge within their social, emotional, physical and cognitive developmental areas. This can positively influence the development of a strong educational foundation.
Education programs for children ages 2-6 years:
- Infant programs
- Toddler programs
- Preschool programs
- Kindergarten programs
- After School programs
* Opening hours 6:30 am - 6:30pm, low child-teacher ratio, emphasis on reading readiness & on building strong math & science foundation
* Bilingual programs also offered (Introduction to the English / Spanish language)
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee and Will counties, as well as north-west Indiana.
At Morgan Park Academy, our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois. We provide an engaging, personal learning experience for students from preschool through to high school.
At Morgan Park Academy, we embrace an overriding desire to inspire students to lead lives of purpose, to learn to work hard, to strive for excellence, and to appreciate the diversity that exists in this world.
Maternity B.V.M. Chicago is a Roman Catholic Parish & Elementary School providing quality Christian Education in Chicago, Illinois, at the intersection of North Avenue & Lawndale in West Humbolt Park. Maternity B.V.M. School creates an atmosphere in which students can develop their potential for growth, independence, and knowledge.
We believe our students are unique individuals who approach learning through various cultural backgrounds, modes of development, and natural abilities. Consistency and flexibility of the curriculum meet the various needs for academic growth.
Our small classes ensure students receive individualized attention from caring teachers and staff in a nurturing and loving enviroment. Our test scores soar above those of neighborhing public schools. We also provide generous scholarships to families who qualify.
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
St. Cornelius School in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois is dedicated to providing children an excellent education rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition through our preschool and elementary / middle school programs through Grade 8. By our focus on education driven by faith, students learn and act with integrity and kindness. Our goal is to educate children to become dedicated and productive people in our world. The St. Cornelius learning program is geared to meet the needs of today and the demands of tomorrow.
Cornelius School is an integral part of the St. Cornelius Parish and community at large. In conjunction with the evangelizing mission of the church and parish, St. Cornelius School is called to teach the message of Jesus in a Catholic context. Our unique role is to instill in the children the future responsibility of becoming loving adult disciples of Jesus.
Catholic Educational Programs from Preschool through Grade 8:
- Catholic Preschool program: Classes for 3 and 4 year old children
- Catholic Elementary & Middle School program (Grades K-8)
- We also offer an extended day option until 6:00 pm
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Cornelius is dedicated to providing an education for the student inside and outside of the classroom.