Private Schools in Illinois: Special needs education, Special needs boarding school for troubled teens, Residential treatment center for kids with learning disabilities, Programs for children / teenagers / youth with ADHD, emotional difficulties in Lake County area, IL.
Allendale Association: Allendale Association is a private, not-for-profit social service agency serving children and adolescents with moderate to profound emotional and behavioral disabilities, located in Lake Villa in north-western Lake County, Illinois. These youth and their families receive care and treatment through Allendale's residential treatment programs, day treatment special education schools or from our community based clinical programs and services.
Roycemore School is an independent day school for students from age three years through to Grade 12. Roycemore School is located in Evanston, a vibrant and diverse lakefront community in Cook County, Illinois, 10 miles north of downtown Chicago. Roycemore provides a challenging college preparatory curriculum in a nurturing environment. Students thrive in small classes, guided by faculty who are focused on their individual talents and needs.
Roycemore School is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and is recognized by the Illinois Board of Education. Roycemore also holds memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools, the Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools, and the Illinois High School Association.
Founded in 1915, Roycemore serves a student body that is a blend of city and suburban college-bound children, drawn from a wide range of economic, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Junior Kindergarten programs starting from age 3 years
- Lower, Middle & Upper School divisions
- College preparatory with strong academics at all levels
- In Upper School, Advanced Placement courses and the opportunity for qualified students to attend classes at Northwestern University
The Catherine Cook School is one of a few non-sectarian, non-denominational, non-profit, traditional independent schools located in downtown Chicago in the historic Old Town area, providing preschool through to eighth grade programs. The school serves Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lakeview, Wicker Park and surrounding neighborhoods.
We are an inclusive learning community dedicated to inspiring personal excellence and educating children for life. We are a school where students thrive in small classes and enjoy a joyful approach to learning and community.
Our rigorous curriculum introduces world languages before first grade, builds mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking, stimulates creativity in the visual and performing arts, and uses the best of instructional technology to expand the possibilities of learning.
Our academic program centers on age-appropriate experiential learning and independent thinking, augmented by rich opportunities in the arts, athletics, and service learning.
- Early Childhood program
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Middle School program
- Extended Day program
* Our curriculum prepares students for superb high school options, teaching language arts and social studies in a combined humanities program with math, laboratory science, and world languages, complemented by art, music, physical education and public speaking.
Acacia Academy is a private, therapeutic day school in La Grange, a suburb about 13 miles west of Chicago in Cook County, IL. We offer accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels including regular education students, gifted children and those with learning disabilities. Instruction is designed to strengthen skills in reading, math, writing, spelling, language skills, fine motor skills, processing abilities, speech/language, and social skills.
Acacia Academy is accredited by North Central Association Colleges and Schools and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education for Out-of-District placement. The Acacia Tree symbolizes what our school strives to achieve: Educational stability with roots of strength and character that will last a lifetime making Acacia Academy a safe place to grow and learn.
- Accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels
- Psycho-educational Evaluations
- Speech and Language
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations
- Social Assessments
- Reading, Writing, Math and all Content Subjects
- Study Skills, Thinking Skills, Learning Disabilities
- Dyslexia, ADD / ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Regular Ed, Gifted
Kids’ Work is a safe and stimulating child care experience that promotes the cognitive, emotional, and physical development your infant, toddler, or preschooler. We are located at 2608 W. Addison, Unit A, Chicago IL 60618.
… that children thrive best when provided a safe and nurturing environment that encourages exploration and creativity.
… that each child is a unique individual who deserves to feel loved, cared for, and respected.
… that an effective curriculum is research based and incorporates a variety of educational theories while embracing the whole child and allowing for hands on experiential learning.
…that a partnership between parents and caregivers is essential to a positive child care experience.
… that children learn best when surrounded by caregivers who are sensitive to the needs of each child, well educated, and highly experienced.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
The Einstein Academy is a school for academically talented students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through to High School located in Elgin, a suburb approximately 40 miles north-west of Chicago in Kane County in north-eastern Illinois, close to Naperville and Aurora (One block south of I-90 and Route 31 on Davis Road in Elgin). Our accelerated curriculum is taught one year in advance, but our children our encouraged to learn at the level that most challenges their minds.
Our founder, Cathryn Ilani, realized an unfulfilled demand for a school that was able to provide an exceptional education for advanced students as well as being well-rounded and affordable. Co-operation between parents, students and teachers is the foundation of The Einstein Academy. Our students come from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Our goal at The Einstein Academy is to uphold a standard of excellence in creating an environment that is creative and engaging to all students, making them enthusiastic and life long learners. In order to achieve an optimal academic environment, testing is required, as well as a teacher referral and a personal interview with our Program Co-ordinator.
- Pre-Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten program
- Education programs for 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade & 8th Grade
- High School program
* In addition to our standard curriculum, Latin is part of our daily routine, as well as our weekly specials of physical education, life skills, drama, art and music. Computer class is also taught once a week.